why rob cooper rocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why rob cooper rocks

(i just watched aot, 2 days ago so maybe its been said)
    ... but did any1 else notice the scene that seemed so nonchalantly thrown in there to show that the anicents left the ark in the ori galaxy (which galaxy is it btw?).... but anyway. the 2 ancients leave the room, followed by the 1 guy running back in saying "oops, i forgot my notebook"... and then "i had this great idea for a new invention" (roughly thats the quote)... and i wondered why exactly he threw in That particular dialogue... until i realized that the notebook was open to a skecthed circle, and it was a million some-odd yrs ago, then it clicked.... He invented the stargate! and he nearly forgot the notebook with that idea in it behind!
    -to so subtley throw that in there is hence my reasoning for the awesomness that is rob c. cooper

-any1 else notice this too. or am i like the blonde thats late to my class every morning?
    ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Well, you aren't early, I'll tell you that.

That is a cool scene though.

Comment

I thought the scene was kind of pointless, it didn't have anything to do with the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
        I thought the scene was kind of pointless, it didn't have anything to do with the story.
        Well no, but it was a nice little scene for the fans

And could well be setting something up for Universe or future possible movies
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

As a fan of SG-1, I do agree that it was a nice touch. However, in the context of the movie, the flashbacks were about the Ark of Truth. Slipping in the notebook just seemed too convenient and out of the blue.

Comment

I thought it was a nice touch.
            Jack and Daniel
            Rising Part 1

In the Control Room, Daniel, standing beside O'Neill, turns to him.

: Jack, it's not too late for me to ...

(interrupting): No.

: I-I-I could just grab my ...

(interrupting): No.

: (under his breath): ... kit.

Comment

Didn't realise that, thanks for pointing it out. That is a pretty cool scene

sigpic
              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

As a fan of SG-1, I do agree that it was a nice touch. However, in the context of the movie, the flashbacks were about the Ark of Truth. Slipping in the notebook just seemed too convenient and out of the blue.
                I thought it was a great touch I loved that insight on who invented the gate.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by iLemon View Post
                  Didn't realise that, thanks for pointing it out. That is a pretty cool scene

one of the few good scenes in AoT
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    I thought it was a great touch I loved that insight on who invented the gate.
                    While it's a good bit of SG trivia, it really doesn't have anything to do with the movie. It would have been more fitting in a story about the origins of the Stargate network.

Comment

It was just a small moment, one of those "easter eggs" TPTB stick into episodes/movies to give the long-time fans an extra treat.

Besides, they needed a scene there to establish that they're leaving; I don't see the harm of adding a few more seconds for this.

Don't get hung up about it.

Comment

While it's a good bit of SG trivia, it really doesn't have anything to do with the movie. It would have been more fitting in a story about the origins of the Stargate network.
                        I don't see what the big deal is. It's just a small part of a scene.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I'm not making a big deal. I made a comment, and ya'll are flabberghasted that I didn't think it fit. I don't like it when random stuff is shoved into a story just because it's uber-cool. That's bad writing.

Comment

We're not flabbergasted.

But hey, whatever. I thought it was a nice treat for the fans, and you disagree. That's fine.

Comment

No, I don't disagree. I also think it was a nice treat. What I am saying is that the nice treat had nothing to do with the movie and felt forced in.

Comment

Working...
                              X