Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knight Rider Discussion/Appreciation(2008-09 NBC tv series)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knight Rider Discussion/Appreciation(2008-09 NBC tv series)

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=32932

Knight Rider Still Rides?

David Hasselhoff told Australia's Rove Live TV show that he's acquired the film rights to his old Knight Rider TV series and still plans to turn it into a feature film, according to the Moviehole.net Web site.

Hasselhoff reportedly plans to oversee a straight sequel to the TV series, centring on Michael Knight and his teenage son, who both have cars. The film is envisioned as slightly retro, the site reported.
    sigpic

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    Michael Knight and his teenage son, who both have cars. The film is envisioned as slightly retro, the site reported.
    Sounds like a class movie
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

It should be good, provided he doesn't try to do his own soundtrack.

My Depth Is Immaterial To This Conversation...

Comment

Originally posted by contact2918
        It should be good, provided he doesn't try to do his own soundtrack.

Amen to that!
        sigpic

Comment

Knight Rider season 3 dvd will be out Jan-31-06 it will include one bonus episode.
          Attached Files
          Sig coming soon. Member since 2005 and still no sig coming even in 2015 or 2016.

Comment

http://www.tv.com/story/10243.html?o...dlines;title;2

NBC rechristening Knight Rider
            Hasselhoff's man-car crime-fighting show being revived as a possible two-hour telemovie, with series dependent on success.

What further proof do we need that Hollywood is just going to re-cycle every bit of trash and garbage. I have NO doubt at all that in 20 years we will see a re-do of Lost, BSG, etc..

Now think for a minute, aside from BSG that received moderate success, most of these shows simply fail outright. I have no doubt that the new Bionic Woman will last at best 1-2 seasons. Yet shows that WERE successful had stayed on the air, Lost, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, CSI, Supernatural, etc.. were all pleasing partly because they were original. Hell, most of Lost's success came from the fact it was completely original, same for CSI. Sure there are certain concepts and trends that remain the same, but the overall idea is fresh and new.

So instead of using any sort of energy to be creative, we get horrible trashy re-makes of shows that were never good to begin with. I hope to god people will NOT watch the TV movie, for fear they will then make another mindless series off of what is a mindless concept. Like that Trash Gordon, put it on Saturday mornings for the kiddies and I won't care or notice. NBC/SciFi really are going in a bad direction. Are they just going to re-make every TV series in history now?

Why are overall ratings dropping? Could it be more and more of us just do not turn on the TV anymore? Put quality on, we watch. Sad, with Sopranos, Rome, The Shield, etc..all ended or ending, TV is going to be soon a vast wasteland of mediocrity and blandness.

Comment

Thats because NBC ran out of British shows to copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                Thats because NBC ran out of British shows to copy.
                The well cant be dry yet.

Comment

Re-hash or not, I'd still probably check it out. I wouldn't mind seeing what they would do with that type of show today.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Oh I can't wait to see how they dick this up. GM doesn't even make the Pontiac Firebird anymore.

Comment

Should be fun to watch, huge disaster or not.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yeah I wonder what car they would be using. Most likely it would just have OnStar

Comment

This news is definitely going to hassle the Hoff.

Comment

There have been all sorts of new Knight Rider attempts over the years, and if memory serves they've all been highly crappy and gone nowhere.
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                              There have been all sorts of new Knight Rider attempts over the years, and if memory serves they've all been highly crappy and gone nowhere.
                              I dunno, Team Knight Rider was sort of enjoyable... if you watch shows merely so you can laugh at the complete stupidity of it all. It had David McCallum as the villain, so it wasn't all bad.

I'm more worried that, in trying to "re-boot" the KR franchise, they're going to lose the daft fun of the original series... which, to be fair, is the only reason it was successful in the first place.

They'll probably try and make it more "serious"; lets see, Michael is more a tragic figure, betrayed and bitter, sleeps with women to get over being betrayed by the one woman he loved or some such (possibly what led to his being shot in the face in the pilot, back when he was Michael Long). Devon will be less a supportive father figure, more a gruff authority figure with questionable morality who is prepared to go to "any lengths" to protect America, legal or not. KITT will probably be a military project, with a lot more firepower than the original series.

Also... according to ComingSoon.net, part of the reason for the new series is the success of the Transformers movie, which has shown them that advances in special effects "have advanced to the point where it'd be feasible to have a weekly series in which cars shift shapes." Are they referring to KITT turning into a walking robot, or Super-Pursuit-Mode? More importantly... which would be worse?!
                              Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Working...
                              X