Ra's Ship. Impractical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ra's Ship. Impractical?

Never mind the fact that with a pyramid shape, you don't get nearly as much interior volume and space as you would with another shape, like a cube or a sphere. With Ra's ship in the movie though, his pyramid has that huge indent of hollow space going into the pyramid so that it can land on the Abydos stone pyramid. All of that could be sapce use for the interior of the ship. Why you think he did this?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
    Never mind the fact that with a pyramid shape, you don't get nearly as much interior volume and space as you would with another shape, like a cube or a sphere. With Ra's ship in the movie though, his pyramid has that huge indent of hollow space going into the pyramid so that it can land on the Abydos stone pyramid. All of that could be sapce use for the interior of the ship. Why you think he did this?
    All of the Ha'tak class vessels had this, and needed the pyramids for landing on, Daniel Jackson theorized this before any of stargate actually took place

Comment

I dont think those ships were meant to be warships so there was really no need to have so much space inside.

I always said is was yacht type ship, that had no offensive weapons like a Hatak. I think it was just a pleasure ship, hence why he had all those kids (sex slaves much).

Ra showing up to Abydos was maybe just checking up on them mining naq. and picking up some women.
      Visit my Website

Comment

He used the space to run drugs... being a supreme system lord doesn't pay like it used too.
        Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiphias View Post
          He used the space to run drugs... being a supreme system lord doesn't pay like it used too.
          LOL
          Perhaps Puff

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
            I dont think those ships were meant to be warships so there was really no need to have so much space inside.

I always said is was yacht type ship, that had no offensive weapons like a Hatak. I think it was just a pleasure ship, hence why he had all those kids (sex slaves much).
            Ra showing up to Abydos was maybe just checking up on them mining naq. and picking up some women.
            Dam, u beat me to it. Thats what i think everytime i see the movie

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

it probably had some weapons just not much. hence why later Ha'tak had that ring around them. To increase surface area for troops, and weapon emplacements. Ra kept his Command pleasure yacht around cause he was egotistical like that. Aphosis and Annibus rode around in large warships as there was a lot of fighting going on at that time.

I mean what kind of idiot forgets to lock down the ring platforms when your enemy has nukes, and just ringed the head of your first prime aboard?

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike
                hence why he had all those kids (sex slaves much).
                In Moebius we saw him with adult females. Maybe his taste changed in 5,000 years and Ra turned into the Goauld version of Michael Jackson.

Maybe the ships are modular and the pyramid actually docks with the outer structure/weapons platform if it needs to going into battle. Otherwise its just more efficient to fly the pyramid alone since it lower overall mass.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                  Coolness.
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Did you guys notice that while Ra's ship is a square based pyramid, the Ha'tak is a triangle-based pyramid? i wonder how they land a ha'tak on a pyramid like the ones in ghiza. We only saw a ha'tak land on a pyramid once, when they owned Cronus, otherwise, we saw ha'taks land on normal ground several times. so the pyramids are mainly for the "luxury liners" and maybe amaterur pilots
                    I still don't know how the heck they land a triangular pyramid ha'tak on a square based pyramid
                    Trailers and PR
                    Stargate: War Begins team
                    http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
                    forums:
                    http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

The result would be TILTED

(man i wish we could angle our text)

Comment

The older more round hataks had a square base, while the more recent ones have a triangle base.

Visit my Website

Comment

Bit of a square peg in a round hole....
                          Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

The pyramid was just PR for the masses. To impress the little simpletons.

Also, by leaving all that empty space you make yourself look bigger than you really are. Animals like to puff themselves up to intimidate rivals or impress the ladies.

Kind of what the Romulons did in Star Trek. The Warbird had a huge empty volume making it seem very large. In reality the habitable volume wasn't as great as implied.

As for the ship of Ra....the best yachts are always impracticle.

Comment

I think Ra's ship in the movie was more like a personal luxury yacht than something you would build for it's practicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X