PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Atlantis boosts Stargate SG-1

prion
October 25th, 2004, 06:22 PM
A friend sent an article from a trade magazine, TelevisionWeek.
Apparently SGA is doing VERYwell. The article said they six months
selecting the actors, as "Chemistry was essential, in addition to the
ability to deliver the irreverent humor that punctuates the scripts."

It added....

SGA's premiere pulled in 4.2 million viewers, making it the highest
rated episode of any series on the SciFi Channel. Also, "in addition,
its presence gave a boost to "Stargate SG-1," which drew 31 percent
more households than its average over summer 2003. By the end of
"Stargate Atlantis"' summer run, it had become the No. 1 Friday night
nonsports entertainment program on both cable and broadcast with 18-
to 49-year-old men."

Lord Zedd
October 25th, 2004, 08:27 PM
he that's great :D This could help the writers make another 9th season of SG-1.You can't just stop Stargate SG-1 and leave Atlantis all alone :D

Replicarter
October 25th, 2004, 10:14 PM
:eek: 4.2 million! i dident know it was that much, i wish gateworld would report news in millions, instead of household rating, cause i dont get that.

OfF3nSiV3
October 30th, 2004, 06:14 PM
:eek: 4.2 million! i dident know it was that much, i wish gateworld would report news in millions, instead of household rating, cause i dont get that.

isn't that number very small compared to the total american population?

MartoufMarty
October 30th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Hey! What about women? It says 18-49 year old men. What about women? It's not just guys that watch these shows...

Erik Pasternak
October 30th, 2004, 06:21 PM
isn't that number very small compared to the total american population?
Yes, it is, but Sci-Fi is a cable channel, meaning a lower percentage of people actually get the channel that those you get broadcast channels (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, UPN, WB).

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 30th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Hey! What about women? It says 18-49 year old men. What about women? It's not just guys that watch these shows...

:S Maybe they didn't take that into account. Not that I'm saying...

MartoufMarty
October 30th, 2004, 06:30 PM
:S Maybe they didn't take that into account. Not that I'm saying...
They're mean.

Not all girls watch One Tree Hill or The O.C.

Gorthaur
October 30th, 2004, 06:40 PM
it may not be the entir population but it is still alot of people. and I would be amazed to see half the population of any county sit down and watch one show.

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 30th, 2004, 07:03 PM
They're mean.

Not all girls watch One Tree Hill or The O.C.

I guess they are.

Replicarter
October 31st, 2004, 07:05 AM
In the uk we only get 80 to 90 thousand, though atlantis opening got 1.18 million.

Erik Pasternak
October 31st, 2004, 09:15 AM
Not all girls watch One Tree Hill or The O.C.No, but frankly, how many guys watch that stuff (ie One Tree Hill or the O.C.)?

MartoufMarty
October 31st, 2004, 09:22 AM
No, but frankly, how many guys watch that stuff (ie One Tree Hill or the O.C.)?
Haven't a clue.

Isn't that the problem? :P

Anubis
October 31st, 2004, 10:45 AM
It's great to see that Stargate Atlantis has boosted the ratings, meaning a stronger record for the show. Despite the fact these figures are for the US, I think here in the UK it is Sky One's top viewed show, as far as I know. It's certainly proving popular amongst viewers. :)

.:Lemon:.
October 31st, 2004, 11:00 AM
I think here in the UK it is Sky One's top viewed show, as far as I know. It's certainly proving popular amongst viewers. :)

I knew it was doing quite well but I didn't know it was doing that well! Good to see it's getting a well deserved fan base over here :D

Anubis
October 31st, 2004, 11:10 AM
I knew it was doing quite well but I didn't know it was doing that well! Good to see it's getting a well deserved fan base over here :D

Not as as many viewers in the UK as in the US, but Rising scored over one million viewers, and so forth have scored close to one million. ;)

Brendan
October 31st, 2004, 05:32 PM
it may not be the entir population but it is still alot of people. and I would be amazed to see half the population of any county sit down and watch one show.

It wouldn't be too hard get to half a county to sit down and watch a show. Now a country... :D (Just funning with yah).

Erik Pasternak
October 31st, 2004, 05:38 PM
It wouldn't be too hard get to half a county to sit down and watch a show.Maybe if it was the only thing on.

Replicarter
November 1st, 2004, 04:08 AM
Well, not everyone watches tv, or has a tv, so still wouldent be able to get everyone watching it.

Replicarter
November 1st, 2004, 04:10 AM
Not as as many viewers in the UK as in the US, but Rising scored over one million viewers, and so forth have scored close to one million. ;)

But there are less people in the UK, and 1.18 million is briliant for a non terestrial channel.