Does it feel like a movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it feel like a movie?

Okay I live in Australia and its about 2 weeks until the movie comes out so I really don't want to be spoiled (gentle hint ). I was thinking the other day, when watching 'Lost City' and I wanted to ask the people that had seen it, does Ark of Truth feel like a movie? I mean, when you watch it does it feel like watching a double episode or a movie? If you slapped in some credits and cut it down the middle would you be able to tell the difference?

I didn't get the *movie* feel from it, more like an extra long episode.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
      I didn't get the *movie* feel from it, more like an extra long episode.
      Thats what I'm afraid of. Though I don't doubt it will be stunning and entertaining, it won't feel movie-esque.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Thorne View Post
        Thats what I'm afraid of. Though I don't doubt it will be stunning and entertaining, it won't feel movie-esque.
        Well, when I first watched it, it didn't feel like a movie at all. Then I watched it at my friend's, who has a bigger TV, and it DID. So my only suggestion would be to watch it on as large a screen as possible.
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

For me it felt like a typical two part episode in the middle of a season and a pretty lame one at that. I've got a 127cm Plasma and i can tell you it's a typical talking heads TV drama and doesn't come across as a film.
          If you're a gate fanatic and think every episode is 9 or 10 out of 10, then you'll love it.
          if you're more discerning, you'll be disappointed-especially after all the hype.

Comment

Okay I live in Australia and its about 2 weeks until the movie comes out so I really don't want to be spoiled (gentle hint ). I was thinking the other day, when watching 'Lost City' and I wanted to ask the people that had seen it, does Ark of Truth feel like a movie? I mean, when you watch it does it feel like watching a double episode or a movie? If you slapped in some credits and cut it down the middle would you be able to tell the difference?
            The way it's shot, the score, even just the fact that they've used film all makes it feel like a movie and not like the show. You'll definitely notice the difference.

Comment

Remember Full Circle and Lost City?
              Well, remember them well, because that's the best movie-like experiences you'll get thus far.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

The way it's shot, the score, even just the fact that they've used film all makes it feel like a movie and not like the show. You'll definitely notice the difference.
                i agree 100%
                sigpic

Comment

Don't forget Redemption... thats was pretty close to movie-esque... well probably atleast at or above the feel of AoT

BTW... AoT had pieces and qualities that felt movie-esque, yet the overall package did not deliver the movie feel. Its ending was definitely not movie like, but more seen on the series... not that I mind the ending at all

Comment

the entire essence of it is movie like.

Comment

It feels like a movie for me.

Comment

No. With the exception of a couple scenes, AoT is a glorified two-parter. If you think Lost City feels like a movie, you'll probably be disappointed in AoT. I think Lost City, Redemption, and The Quest feel more like a movie than AoT.

Comment

I think it has some Movie qualities, but...I def. think that it's also like a two parter. Also, I think it won't feel completely like a movie, because we've watched the show for 10 years now. We know the characters and we know what is happening. So they don't have to introduce everyone, but it's really good! And if you ask me...well worth the money. I've already watched it 5 or 6 times. (how dorky does that sound?)
                          sigpic

Comment

It's like a long episode or a 2 parter, but definitely less entertaining than Lost City1+2

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                              It's like a long episode or a 2 parter, but definitely less entertaining than Lost City1+2
                              Could you explain me in a very detailed way where exactly the first part stops and the second starts? 'cause for me it definitely feels like a movie. I don't know Lost City, so can't compare, never watched it.

Comment

Working...
                              X