X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme Measures (416)

Stargate: Horizon
    Extreme Measures

As members of an archeological research station, led by Doctor Sarah Gardner, are killed under mysterious circumstances, the Horizon team is sent to investigate.

Check it out!

Then stop back here for comments and discussion!
    Outstanding
    42.86%
    Good
    33.33%
    Fair
    19.05%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    4.76%

An outstanding episode.

Seem you have a bit sherlock Holmes theme going on in this episode especially name the names.
    Shame their was not the same kind mystery or investigated type story telling going on when they discovered the alien could be a shape shifter.

Love the new alien, seem like they must of been more than a match for the enoly and Draque, I wondered why they retreated, and I wonder if the Draque enzyme similarities, will these guys turn out to be ex members of the ascended emperor who rebelled, but hop it does not turn out like that.

It seem who ever they are their technology seem equal above that of the ancients.

Like the way callen was being over protective of his son, through I would of thought him working in archeology lab, with the artifacts would of been the safest place for him as it would of been one of the most heavily guarded areas of the station.

Would like to know why he thought we were a danger to him and joined the Ascended empire. Their no why a bunch of archaeologist would be given knowledge of our alliance with the ascended empire.

I could understand why he was eager to protect the based, it seem to provide doorway to where his species have been hiding out through.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      Would like to know why he thought we were a danger to him and joined the Ascended empire.
      Some questions will be answered in "Reciprocal," which is the next time we'll be running into the Ingrali.

Their no why a bunch of archaeologist would be given knowledge of our alliance with the ascended empire.
      The Ingrali have a pretty good idea of what's going on. And, as we saw at the end of "Civil Defense," Chase is involved here in some way. The things we now know is that the Ingrali were the ones who created the Enoly virus in "Aversion," and the "old man" in "Temple of Secrets" was one of them. Can you imagine just how hard it was not to give any hints when "Temple of Secrets" first came out? At that time we already knew where this was going.

And we also know that the Ingrali saved Chase, and that he's with them somewhere right now. Oh, and didn't Garrison also stay with them at the end of "Temple of Secrets"?

There's definitely plenty to speculate about this season.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Speculate? there is nothing to speculate about. Apophis will rise from the dead, the ingralli are just re'tu with Goa'uld as their hosts. don't ask about the re'tu/Jaffa breeding program to make them compatible.

Overall though a good episode. some foresight, some wanderings, a nice explosion. yippiee!!! Though I was wonder if sarah is channeling Osiris in some of those. the Goa'old do leave behind some memories.

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
          Speculate? there is nothing to speculate about. Apophis will rise from the dead, the ingralli are just re'tu with Goa'uld as their hosts. don't ask about the re'tu/Jaffa breeding program to make them compatible.
          Yup, that's all very true. But the question is... how does Chase fit into all of it?

I think I should definitely confirm now that "Reciprocal" will be Chase's official come-back-show, not counting his brief appearance at the end of "Civil Defense." That episode will also bring back the Ingrali, and from what it's looking right now it'll be quite an amazing episode.

Though I was wonder if sarah is channeling Osiris in some of those. the Goa'old do leave behind some memories.
          Definitely, that was the idea behind it. Technically this is really the first time we meet the real Sarah, since in "The Curse" it was really Osiris pretending to be Sarah. And the Sarah we meet here is still affected to some degree from having been a Goa'uld host for so long.

Comment

This seems rather interesting.
            Solomon's temple...Isn't it supposed to be, you know, destroyed?

That thing about Solomon being different, is this like Jack to the Asgard?

Will they try to speak in Hebrew to the Ingrali next time?

Chase, what kind of guy is he?

Other than that, the episode was straight forward. The commander seems a little overprotective of his son. How long has Makin been around?
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
              Yup, that's all very true. But the question is... how does Chase fit into all of it?
              Oh that's easy he is the new host for Cronos, or maybe Socar.

I think I should definitely confirm now that "Reciprocal" will be Chase's official come-back-show, not counting his brief appearance at the end of "Civil Defense." That episode will also bring back the Ingrali, and from what it's looking right now it'll be quite an amazing episode.
              ooo spoilers.
              Definitely, that was the idea behind it. Technically this is really the first time we meet the real Sarah, since in "The Curse" it was really Osiris pretending to be Sarah. And the Sarah we meet here is still affected to some degree from having been a Goa'uld host for so long.
              And you did it so well too.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                This seems rather interesting.
                Solomon's temple...Isn't it supposed to be, you know, destroyed?
                Check out "Temple of Secrets" for more on that. It's episode ten of Season Four.

That thing about Solomon being different, is this like Jack to the Asgard?
                The Ingrali did see a strong potential in Solomon, who had discovered a piece of their technology.

Will they try to speak in Hebrew to the Ingrali next time?
                Actually, they are speaking Hebrew. But the universal translators that the team have in their cell phones are translating.

Chase, what kind of guy is he?
                He was a regular in the first three seasons. He's recurring this year, and we'll see more of him in "Reciprocal."

The commander seems a little overprotective of his son. How long has Makin been around?
                Callen is a little overprotective of Ma'kin on occasion, which is something we've seen in the past. Ma'kin is in his early or mid twenties now.

Comment

I gues I have an advantage over the other readers...since this past thursday there was no episode, and it real life this would be a rerun night, I still get to read/see an "new" episode.

the Logical choise would be...Temple of Secrets as suggested by Alex.
                  this worked out fine for me.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

I gues I have an advantage over the other readers...since this past thursday there was no episode, and it real life this would be a rerun night, I still get to read/see an "new" episode.

the Logical choise would be...Temple of Secrets as suggested by Alex.
                    this worked out fine for me.
                    actally you really should start from teh begginning, it is more arc based then regular SG, less so then say B5, although Alex and co do have their wonderful moments.

Comment

I just don't have that kind of time right now. and it will only confuse me more if I start from the beggining at this point.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

I just don't have that kind of time right now. and it will only confuse me more if I start from the beggining at this point.
                        True. The bst place to read at the moment would be the alst six or senven episodes of season 3 starting with 'Omen' a lot of the events of this season, and I hope the season finale were set up then.

Also, if you are looking for a Grant episode. Check out 'Eden.'

Comment

I'll check those episodes in due time.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

So, I know it's taken me a long time to catch up but we might remember I haven't been feeling the love lately. 50/50 episode for me. Was really cool to finally meet the Ingrali and I was really pleased in how it wasn't so straight forward. I thought their description was incredibly cool.

However, some things I didn't like or wasn't so sure on. Sarah for one. Was she really needed? I didn't think so. The whole Osiris aftermath wasn't played on and while I can see you tried to use her to get something out of Daniel because of them being friends, I don't feel it went down so well. She just seemed like another face you threw in.

Some bits I found predictable. McGraw and the Sarah Clone thing. God I begged for it not to be the clone thing when the lifesigns changed. lol

All in all, it was an enjoyable read and I sure can't wait to see more from the Ingrali.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Loved this Episode!

It was truly greatly written...

Sarah was ok... although i prefered her as Osiris, LOL xD

I hope we run into the rest of The Ingrali sometime soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X