Hole in the middle of a hive ship.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hole in the middle of a hive ship.

In the middle of the hives ships is a hole right? Well that hole is shaped alittle like an Ancient Warship which suggests this is how they boarded the Ancients ship. (If someone aready said this I am sorry I'm pretty new here.)

(Also the images are scaled down, for the Aurora Warship is actually longer then that which is kinda a good fit in that hole.)
    Attached Files

Interesting...

But also rather dangerous. What if the ship they were trying to board detonated (due to self-destruct or more damage than the Wraith believed that they inflicted)? Being in the middle of the ship could cause serious, if not catastrophic, damage to the Hive.

Comment

This is how the Wraith do ship to ship boarding they do not beam on, they latch on. Evidence is the battle between the Daedelus and those Hives that they attempted to ambush. One of the Cruisers was looking like it was about to land on our ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
        Evidence is the battle between the Daedelus and those Hives that they attempted to ambush. One of the Cruisers was looking like it was about to land on our ship.
        Now that you mention it, I do recall wraith ships often trying to get very close to the ship they're attacking.

Comment

Erm... I think you are forgetting about shields? And also when the shields are down the lantean ships are pretty fragile, so it might be pretty hard to just lower the shield and leave the hull intact.

But if it is possible then it would make sense, since the wraith don't have beaming tech that could beam them onboard a ship. Their goal probably is to feed on the crew right?

Comment

Originally posted by Inty View Post
            Erm... I think you are forgetting about shields? And also when the shields are down the lantean ships are pretty fragile, so it might be pretty hard to just lower the shield and leave the hull intact.

But if it is possible then it would make sense, since the wraith don't have beaming tech that could beam them onboard a ship. Their goal probably is to feed on the crew right?
            Exactly, that is their ultimate goal. Or at least to capture them for later feeding. But I think you bring up a really good point. The Lantean hulls were woefully weak, and woefully inadequate.

Comment

Well they would probably made it where the ship is week and boarded.
              (Meaning the attack untill the ship loses, shields, engienes, etc.)

Comment

Interesting point. I too remember that the wraith did try to board the ships that way.

Comment

I don't think so. At least, I don't think an Aurora would fit in that hole.

It was barely big enough to contain a Daedalus class ship, and we know that they're smaller than the Auroras.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

It was barely big enough to contain a Daedalus class ship, and we know that they're smaller than the Auroras.
                    Oh, state your source.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

you are talking about Allies right and what was said was referring to width not length. If so the Aurora and 304 are about the same right?
                      Never look at what you have done but at what can still be done.

Comment

its where the 'plot-hole' generator goes, they're all broken though, its why you can't see them, if you could, you'd ask what it was , then ask why they needed one, thereby generating a plot hole

proof if proof were needed i think you'll find
                        sigpic
                        EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                        -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by Replihive View Post
                          you are talking about Allies right and what was said was referring to width not length. If so the Aurora and 304 are about the same right?

Hmmm...you may be right. There was this little bit from BAMSR (really a reuse from No Man's Land):

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...bamsr0896.html
                          http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...bamsr0897.html

And the width does seem kind of close. And you're right, the length is no problem here:

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/2...allies649.html

Very interesting...

Comment

Really interesting.

Comment

But here is a question.

we know that Lantian technology is far superior to the wraith, they only one the war due to superior number,(cant remember which ep stated this, season 1 though...i think...probably the seige...)anyway, why then, would the wraith, having boarded the Aurora and eaten/preserved anyone on board, not have tried to reverse engineer the technology so that you didnt need the Ancient gene to activate it, and absorb it into their own goa'uld style??? We know not all technology required the gene for continued use, just initialization, and I would guess most things on a ship in combat would be initialized...so...

Comment

Working...
                              X