PDA

View Full Version : Has Sky One advertised The Ark Of Truth ???

Barnzy
March 25th, 2008, 03:54 AM
As far as im aware, Sky One has not advertised that they are showing the Ark Of Truth this wednesday. The only thing i could call advertising is a 1 second shot of Daniel looking over his shoulder during the "whats on in easter" advert with no explanation as to where this shot came from.
Has there actually been any other advertising for the film ?

dropstitch
March 25th, 2008, 04:07 AM
There were two clips, one of Teal'c and one of Daniel. As for a proper advertisement, there was one which advertised it alongside The Colour of Magic and new episodes of The Simpsons.

It was mentioned, but there wasn't a formal advertisement, which was crazy.

Chaka's_Mum
March 25th, 2008, 04:10 AM
I didn't spot any. In fact, I only found out it was on because I was checking a query on another Forum about the TV show that was being bumped to make room for it - and saw it listed in the online Radio Times.

There was a minisite featured on the Sky One website - but I don't think they went all that potty with the bells and whistles as far as trailers were concerned.

mrbob
March 25th, 2008, 04:57 AM
erm i h8 to tell ya this

it was on n monday the 24th march

nIckEl101
March 25th, 2008, 05:01 AM
there were a couple of shots in those trailers for whats on at easter... i was like.. why didn't they announce, wasn't until my girlfriend noticed it yesterday when she was recording colour of magic, that it was on.

plastic
March 25th, 2008, 05:01 AM
i saw one advert for it and then never saw anymore lol
i thought it was a dream lol :rolleyes:

but i tried to find out about it on sky one's web site and couldn't find anything
i thought they would have made a big deal about it because there were alot of adverts for unending and this is a movie lol
:):):):):):):):)

Aerilon
March 25th, 2008, 05:47 AM
As stated by Mr Bob, Ark of Truth was shown yesterday (Monday) at 8pm, on Sky 1. I know, because I watched it. ;)

Laup
March 25th, 2008, 06:25 AM
I think it is on again tonight (Tues 25/3), Sky 2 at 10pm.

Strange that Sky haven't pushed this more!

Teddybrown
March 25th, 2008, 07:36 AM
As far as im aware, Sky One has not advertised that they are showing the Ark Of Truth this wednesday. The only thing i could call advertising is a 1 second shot of Daniel looking over his shoulder during the "whats on in easter" advert with no explanation as to where this shot came from.
Has there actually been any other advertising for the film ?

Nah
Its been on already on Easter Monday but its on again on Wednesday
But theres been no advertisin that ive seen

GeataRealt
March 25th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Yeah it was on yesterday (Mon 24th), there was little to no advertising but i noticed it in the tv guide.

I've gone and checked and it's on tonight (Tues 25th) at 10pm on Sky Two and tommorow (Wed 26th) at 8pm on Sky One, go watch I think it's brilliant.

LizzieAnne
March 25th, 2008, 10:26 AM
It's also on Sunday 30th March 9pm Sky Two.
Saw it Monday and it's great.
Added bonus - Adverts every 30 mins instead of every 10mins. :)

Jonzey
March 25th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I think it is on again tonight (Tues 25/3), Sky 2 at 10pm.

Strange that Sky haven't pushed this more!

It's not strange at all. Sky One never seem to give a crap about Sg-1. If it was BSG on the other hand, there'd be two long adverts in every break and they'd change all their logos to a BSG style and have some mini advert in the top left corner the entire time.

Elite Anubis Guard
March 26th, 2008, 05:24 AM
I only found out about on here. But then again, I don't watch a lot of TV so I would have just missed the adverts. :)

sg1adam
March 29th, 2008, 06:30 AM
The adverts were poor, but it was advertised non the less. I watched this morning as I was away this week (SKY+). I shall be buying it when it comes out (if the price is right), or I might just record it from the SKY+ hard drive on to DVD.

I enjoyed the film, but I feel that they could have done more, but hey, thats life!!