Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought the Asgard gave us ALL their technology...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the Asgard gave us ALL their technology...

If so then why don't we have their hyper-drives. I know that many of you say that we do, but when you think about it I don't think we do. I mean when we were first introduced to the Asgard ships, they were crazy fast. I think it was the first time we were on one of their ships they traveled from their galaxy to Earth in only a matter of minutes. I mean I may be wrong, because I haven't seen the early episodes in forever, but I think I'm right.
    Another example of this was in the episode "Thor's Chariot". Because in that episode we told Thor that the planet was under attack, he said that he was unable to help. It would make sense that they weren't close to the planet, they had no need to be. They traveled quick from where ever they were, I'm sure it was their galaxy, to the planet quick.....

So why do you think our ships don't travel that fast?

Because when they were writing that episode they didn't consider future episodes and story and pull a stupid.

Comment

lack of power i surppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn_One View Post
        lack of power i surppose.
        naw Odyssey has a ZPM it would be even faster then any Asgard ship.

Comment

Has anyone here considered distance, the gap between the Milky Way galaxy and the Pegasus galaxy is MASSIVE, so massive that they needed 39 some odd gates to bridge across it, and that is at maximum safe distance without an external power source. It is quite possible that the Ida galaxy is much closer to Milky Way than Pegasus, is it not? Also, it was never established where in either galaxy thor was at the time...so he could have been at the very edge of IDA and cimmerria might have been near the edge of milky way...cutting time significantly

Comment

An oniell can get from atlantis to earth in the same time it took the daedalus with a ZPM, it seems like it was a power issue.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Plus the Asgard ships didnt go THAT fast. They went from Earth, to the Void, not to another galaxy. A significantly shorter trip. In fact its roughly 2000 Light years. Now we know that our hyperrives are capable of those speeds, our normal hyperdrives go at 115LY per minute. With a ZPM they travel at 520LY per minute, that means the ASgard and the Oddesey could do the trip to the void in just over 4 minutes. We do have thier hyperdrives.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Asgard hyperdrives never traveled from galaxy to galaxy in seconds, its been shown taking hours but never minutes or seconds. Just as a clarification. Not in Thor's Chariot, not in Prometeus, not in Natural Selection.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

The Asgard gave us the Blueprints, Technical Specifications, and Theories of Scientific Knowledge.

The only Tech that the Asgard gave us where the Original Beam weapons for the Oddy, and a computer core with all that data in it.

If I handed you a laptop with the blueprints for a Nuclear aircraft carrier with revolutionary nuclear reactor designs and weapon systems, as well as all the art, music, and science you could ever think about just how fast could you build that carrier?

They built the beam weapons. they may have finally made limited matter conversion replication for food and air supplies. Gutting a 304 to install a couple of massive neutrino Ion generators isn't an overnight software upgrade. It is the kind of project that takes years to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                    The Asgard gave us the Blueprints, Technical Specifications, and Theories of Scientific Knowledge.

The only Tech that the Asgard gave us where the Original Beam weapons for the Oddy, and a computer core with all that data in it.

If I handed you a laptop with the blueprints for a Nuclear aircraft carrier with revolutionary nuclear reactor designs and weapon systems, as well as all the art, music, and science you could ever think about just how fast could you build that carrier?

They built the beam weapons. they may have finally made limited matter conversion replication for food and air supplies. Gutting a 304 to install a couple of massive neutrino Ion generators isn't an overnight software upgrade. It is the kind of project that takes years to complete.
                    Exactly, we have the information just not the means to put it into action, we probably won't get anything significant out of the Asgard core for about two to three decades.
                    LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
                    Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
                    99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

we did get everything they had but the agard engine they gave us was the most efficient one they had that would work on our ships, bigger more powerful hyperdrives require more power, better structural intergrity and other minor systems would have to be improved so with a zpm it is still effective just not asmuch as an entire ship designed around the engine like the asgard ships are.
                      if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Think about this.

You have a light bulb, and a small battery.

The small battery doesn't make the bulb glow bright enough. The wires glow, but not al0t of light is produced. The batters is our power source and the bulb the asgard drive.

Now if you hook it up to a nuclear reactor, the light would be blinding. That is the asgard power source/zpm

Go Green

Comment

I can't remember it ever being mentioned, but what powersource does the Asgard use?

Comment

Originally posted by Tupopoflungo View Post
                            Has anyone here considered distance, the gap between the Milky Way galaxy and the Pegasus galaxy is MASSIVE, so massive that they needed 39 some odd gates to bridge across it, and that is at maximum safe distance without an external power source. It is quite possible that the Ida galaxy is much closer to Milky Way than Pegasus, is it not? Also, it was never established where in either galaxy thor was at the time...so he could have been at the very edge of IDA and cimmerria might have been near the edge of milky way...cutting time significantly
                            Well that is possible for that explains why O'Neill was able to dial back to Earth with a basic gate + DHD. The reason why it required more power at the SGC was probably due to the fact they power the gate manually. It could be that some DHDs give enough power to dial to a close galaxies. The Ida Galaxy may have been close, but due to the fact the writers didn't make a map on how close it is we don't really know. It would have to be fairly close even with the constant movement of the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by blackcat124gt View Post
                              The Ida Galaxy may have been close, but due to the fact the writers didn't make a map on how close it is we don't really know. It would have to be fairly close even with the constant movement of the universe.
                              Actually, evidence from "Prometheus" and "Unnatural Selection" puts Ida several million light years away. In "Prometheus" the promotheus was stranded 1200 ly away from Earth. In "Unnatutal Selection" Thor towed the Prometheus back to Earth in about 5 seconds.

Thor then proceded towards Ida with the Promtheus in tow, and said the journey would take many hours. Travelling at 1200 ly every 5 seconds, gives the O'Neill a speed of 846000 ly an hour.

Thor also said towing the Prometheus was greatly slowing his ship down, so it seems Asgard ships are capable of even faster travel.

Comment

Working...
                              X