PDA

View Full Version : What are The Mazimum number of movies do you think we will get?

Col.Foley
March 23rd, 2008, 09:24 PM
Do you think AoT, and Contimium is all we will get for SG-1 movies? Or do you think there will be more? 3, 5, 10, one million, in the words of Daniel Jackson.

What do you think?

Xiphias
March 23rd, 2008, 10:13 PM

Mazimum?

Col.Foley
March 23rd, 2008, 10:19 PM

Mazimum?
good answer.

Yeah. me bad, I noticed it after I made it. Sorry.

Fenrir Foxz
March 23rd, 2008, 10:45 PM

:lol:

...I wouldn't like to say but I expect we'll get at least 3 or 4 :cool:

Col.Foley
March 23rd, 2008, 11:01 PM
I think five.

Fenrir Foxz
March 24th, 2008, 01:03 AM
I think five.

Yeah five is a good number... I would like to see more though, but at 2 per year :S five does look like a safe number :P

TOIVA
March 24th, 2008, 01:50 AM
I think 2 a year are fine, until the series restarts.:)

Fenrir Foxz
March 24th, 2008, 02:11 AM
I think 2 a year are fine, until the series restarts.:)

I'm just guessing on that... but it looks to me like 2 or 3 is the maximum rate we will get any new films, and I expect SG:U will take priority when it is green lit :)

KindlyKeller
March 24th, 2008, 02:17 AM
I'd say we probably get 5 (including these two), with the last one being a "definitive" conclusion to the series.

hazzano12
March 24th, 2008, 02:52 AM
None if no one buys the AoT and Continuum dvd's!!! So please fork out the cash and buy them cause I want at least 6 and a max of ~infinity.:tealc:

SGFerrit
March 24th, 2008, 03:13 AM
I think there will be four or five SG-1 movies. However, I think we could also get Atlantis movies, Universe movies, and maybe even standalone movies eventually. Maybe even a movie concerning something in Stargate Worlds?

I'd like to see atleast one big crossover movie with SG-1/Atlantis:)

rens14
March 24th, 2008, 03:43 AM
I think we could also get Atlantis movies,
I'd like to see atleast one big crossover movie with SG-1/Atlantis:)

I'm not sure if there are gonna be atlantis movies maybe it will be like star trek only 1 show gets movies (not counting the TOS movies)
and an crossover movie with sg1 and atlantis will be cool maybe universe too

Invictus
March 24th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Do you think AoT, and Contimium is all we will get for SG-1 movies? Or do you think there will be more? 3, 5, 10, one million, in the words of Daniel Jackson.

What do you think?

one million :D

The Prophet
March 24th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Probably around 3?

The Arc of Truth has just been released. Continuum's set for late 2008, early 2009 depending on the region?

Then SG:U will probably enter production and be released somewhere in 2009. That'll give enough void to produce a 3rd Stargate Movie (depending on the sales of AoT & Continuum) before all focus shifts to Universe.

Then I doubt if any more movies will me made, unless Universe is a complete flop and they shift the focus back to the movies, or scrap the franchise all together.

If Atlantis garnishes enough support and money, possibly going into Season 6 or Season 7, then there might be a 4th Stargate Movie to wrap it all up, depends if it's canceled before TPTB are ready to throw in the towel :P

Possibly the third Stargate Movie could introduce the elements and plot for SG:U, just as how Lost City was considered being a movie at one point. Although SG:U is apparantly a stand-alone series...

So overall, 3 movies for SG-1, depending on the ratings of the first 2.
Possibly 1 movie for Atlantis, if it lasts long enough successfully.
And a possibly introduction movie for Universe, although I doubt this.

Don't hold me to the dates, I guessed them. :P

aquagirl
March 24th, 2008, 10:38 AM
The more the merrier. Two per year would be OK.:)

Col.Foley
March 25th, 2008, 11:22 AM
I think about five SG-1 movies is about what we will get. As for Atlantis. I cannot forsee the writers not doing at least a movie. Especially with how well the Ark of Truth seems to be doing. And if Continium does well as well. But I think if the Writers are smart then they will intentionally create a situation that can only be resolved on a movie. For example. You have the Wraith, Micheal, and the Asuran remnant led by Weir. If they were smart they would gradually build each one up throughout the rest of the series. Then defeate them in a movie. Especially with Wraith, and Micheal. Perhaps have one big showdown between the two factions that will result in our heroes getting stuck in between.

I personally can see us getting at least two more movies out of the Atlantis franchise, no matter what way they do it.

Barnzy
March 27th, 2008, 11:49 AM
I think that after Continuum we will have hopefully one more movie. After that everyone's energy will be focused on Universe.
I would love to have loads more SG1 movies, but if Universe gets the go ahead they are going to have too much on their plate to handle all at once. :S

SylvreWolfe
March 27th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Three that are directly related to SG1

kymeric
March 27th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Eventually the actors will be too old for their roles or move on. I wouldnt mind movies with only one of the main characters somewhere in the sgverse doing something. But eventually they will have to move on to stories that are not about sg1.

And im ok with that too.

KindlyKeller
March 28th, 2008, 12:01 AM
I'm not sure if there are gonna be atlantis movies maybe it will be like star trek only 1 show gets movies (not counting the TOS movies)
and an crossover movie with sg1 and atlantis will be cool maybe universe too

Why would you not count the TOS movies? It's a good comparison, given that they were the first two shows in the franchise, and both got movies. Here, SG-1 and Atlantis are the first two shows in the franchise; Worlds will be the third and probably will be running still after Atlantis is off there.

KindlyKeller
March 28th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Eventually the actors will be too old for their roles or move on. I wouldnt mind movies with only one of the main characters somewhere in the sgverse doing something. But eventually they will have to move on to stories that are not about sg1.

And im ok with that too.

Yeah, I wouldn't want them to be making anymore after, say, 2015. Amanda will be like 45 or 46, Michael like 43 or 44, and Ben about 50. That seems like a good cutoff.

silly sally
March 28th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't want them to be making anymore after, say, 2015. Amanda will be like 45 or 46, Michael like 43 or 44, and Ben about 50. That seems like a good cutoff.

Amanda is like 43 (this year) so in 2015 she'll be like 50 (I know she looks gorgeous for her age, but still)
Michael will be like 45 and Ben like 53...

MechaThor
March 28th, 2008, 03:49 AM
I would say about 3, maybe 4

However it all depends on Stagate Universe and Atlantis. If Atlantis still carries on strong and Universe finally starts then there will be little time for movie making. Then when Atlantis dose end I am hoping they may make a movie of that!

rens14
March 29th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I think it will depend more on how good the stargate movies will do and not how atlantis and universe will do

the fifth man
March 30th, 2008, 05:19 PM
When all is said and done, I can see us getting a total of 5 or so SG-1 movies. If we get more though, I'll certainly be very happy.

Jumper_One
March 31st, 2008, 01:54 PM
I'm estimating between 3 to 5.

same here ;)

ijffdrie
April 1st, 2008, 06:22 AM
depends on how many series we get, for star trek we got 6 originals and 3 picards, with another original in the making(now i think about it, why do only those series have films?)

i say 3 for every series +1 for every series after them

Bray
April 2nd, 2008, 06:45 AM
Hey there's been like a million land before time movies and they weren't anywhere near the awesomeness of SG, so I predict 2 a year for the forseable future. That should help with my addiction :D

gkyun
April 2nd, 2008, 07:13 AM
If they keep making movies based on SG-1, the cast would eventually look like the old gang in the Star Trek movies and start using walking aids....would anybody have a problem with that?

cheese
April 2nd, 2008, 07:50 AM
I'm not sure we'll get anymore.

I'm not sure I want more either unless the next one turns out to be good

Almighty_Wookie
April 3rd, 2008, 08:42 AM
I think we'll get a few more at least. AOT has done pretty well to date, and Continuum will do at least as well I would have thought. They've done well to brand the movies just as 'Stargate' thought and not SG-1 or Atlantis, it means they can do pretty much anything they want with the movies and not have to re-brand so from a marketing point of view they have plenty of scope.