This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Atlantis' ZPM normally being used?

Is Atlantis' ZPM normally being used? I don't think it should be since I'm pretty sure multiple Mk. 2 Naquada Generators can power all but 3 systems (shields, hyperdrive and intergalactic wormhole activation).
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

The answer to your question is yes. And the answer to your affirmation is maybe you are right, but the idea is that Atlantis can't be only the greatest power, from time to time it has to look weak, do you catch my idea?
    The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
    Spoiler:
    Originally posted by Karhedron
    I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

The ZPM provides power to a ship tracking system that caused Aurora to begin broadcasting its position ("Aurora").

Comment

No.
        the ZPM is hooked on, but they dont use anything that takes alot of enerngy.
        Unless the ZPM is needed, i.e drones, hyperdrive shields etc., they will not use the ZPM, but they will use naquadah generators.
        Spoiler:
        in midway, Carter couldn't even get Teal'c a one walk way from atlantis to SGC with the ZPm, and teal'c had to use midway.. cheapos llol. HES DONE MORE THAN YOU ALL HAVE DONE FFS.

Comment

yes cause it needs to be on if they need to switch to shields in case of an attack by the wraith or the replicators

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Mckay View Post
            No.
            Unless the ZPM is needed, i.e drones, hyperdrive shields etc., they will not use the ZPM, but they will use naquadah generators.
            Spoiler:
            in midway, Carter couldn't even get Teal'c a one walk way from atlantis to SGC with the ZPm, and teal'c had to use midway.. cheapos llol. HES DONE MORE THAN YOU ALL HAVE DONE FFS.
            Yes, the ZPM is ready for use, but most systems are powered by naquadah generators.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Mckay View Post
              No.
              Spoiler:

**Sigh**

That is because, after "Tabula Rasa" there was a 24 hour MANDATORY quarantine on the midway, to prevent you from bringing back any viruses or diseases. It is mentioned several times throughout the episode that this quarantine exists, Dr Lee mentions it upon the heroes arrival on the midway, John and Ronon talk about it before they leave...and I think one other time. Also, this quarantine is a MAJOR plot point for the episode, because if it did not exist Teal'c and Ronon would have already been on earth when the stun bomb came through. Therefore preventing them from saving the world...

**sigh**

[/rant]

Comment

the ZPM is being used to power normal daily systems that drain hardly any power. Remember siege part III? One ZPM can power the shields "indefinitely" if nobody is firing on it. It'd be fair to say one ZPM can power the city for many many years.

Comment

Originally posted by andy tyler View Post
                  the ZPM is being used to power normal daily systems that drain hardly any power. Remember siege part III? One ZPM can power the shields "indefinitely" if nobody is firing on it. It'd be fair to say one ZPM can power the city for many many years.
                  I think that's how it is, but that's moronic. ZPMs are essentially irreplaceable. I don't care if the city only uses 0.0000000001% of the ZPM per year, they can't replace it, but it's the only power source that can power the shields. Shouldn't everything regularly be running on Naquada Generators which are replaceable?
                  sigpic
                  "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                    I think that's how it is, but that's moronic. ZPMs are essentially irreplaceable. I don't care if the city only uses 0.0000000001% of the ZPM per year, they can't replace it, but it's the only power source that can power the shields. Shouldn't everything regularly be running on Naquada Generators which are replaceable?
                    Not to squabble about it, but for security purposes, it's probably a good idea to keep the ZPMs online and ready to supply juice to defense, but not have them supply significant power all the time. There's probably a warm up time to get the ZPM on line and going, and while it can be bypassed in an emergency, you probably don't want to do it when you don't have to.

Comment

Well all we know is that in 25 years there will be a mark 12 naquadah generator capable of powering the shields for defensive purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by gwangung View Post
                        There's probably a warm up time to get the ZPM on line and going, and while it can be bypassed in an emergency, you probably don't want to do it when you don't have to.
                        While I agree with you that having the ZPM in place would cut down reaction time, we have seen that they are pretty much plug-and-play, like in Siege Part 3.

Comment

yes they are plug and play. i think that 70% of the used systems is powered by naq generators, the rest by zpm.

Comment

As I said before, it seems to me perfectly logic all the daily systems are powered by naquadah, but the ZPM is still ready.(not waiting in McKay's bedroom)

Comment

Working...
                            X