This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything of interest to Jack fans?

So, now that the AoT is out, is there anything of interest in it for Jack fans? I know that he is not in the movie, just wondering if he's mentioned, or any j/s hints?

Originally posted by g8tr View Post
    So, now that the AoT is out, is there anything of interest in it for Jack fans? I know that he is not in the movie, just wondering if he's mentioned, or any j/s hints?
    No and no S/J hints. Maybe in 'Continuum'

Comment

There were more Sam Cam hints than anything related to Jackipoo.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
        Yes we know and you're seriously off-topic!

Comment

S/C hints? I must've missed them...
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

If there's any reason for your use of the word 'Jackipoo' besides aiming to rile people who like Jack or S/J...

Just FYI, there's a convention here not to use derogatory nicknames for characters outside of 'designated' anti- threads.

Cheers.

Madeleine

Comment

Apropos of some deletions...

Topic: JACK

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                If there's any reason for your use of the word 'Jackipoo' besides aiming to rile people who like Jack or S/J...

Just FYI, there's a convention here not to use derogatory nicknames for characters outside of 'designated' anti- threads.

Cheers.
                Seriously? I had no idea. So I can report people who violate this rule whenever I see it, I assume?

And this makes me wonder why it's okay to do that in the anti threads. Why do they get a pass?

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
                  Seriously? I had no idea. So I can report people who violate this rule whenever I see it, I assume?
                  Not really it's a convention rather than a rule. Nettiquette

And this makes me wonder why it's okay to do that in the anti threads. Why do they get a pass?
                  Because in a public open thread it's hard to see stuff like 'jackipoo' without seeing a deliberate attempt to annoy the people who like Jack. Whereas in an anti-jack thread that's unlikely to be the case .

anyway, let's go back to the topic at hand... which I can't contribute to cos I haven't seen AoT....

Jack, anyone?

Madeleine

Comment

Yeah, no Jack to be found here. Sorry, Jack fans. But you'll get all the O'Neill you can handle in Continuum.
                    Theoretically spoilerish:
                    Spoiler:
                    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Sam/Cam? Ee-ew! Hope you're joking.

I just hate it in general when characters leave or are killed off in the SG world and then are just never mentioned again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                        S/C hints? I must've missed them...
                        That's a relief! Hope that the writers aren't completely messing with former story lines. Although it seems they like to have Sam fall for whoever comes along, then she turns back to her "safe bet."

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
                          Yeah, no Jack to be found here. Sorry, Jack fans. But you'll get all the O'Neill you can handle in Continuum.
                          We wish!
                          But ,
                          Spoiler:
                          From the promotional photography, looks like they may kill off Jack, which would seriously ruin it for me!

Really missing all the Jack/Daniel "arguments" - although Daniel's character has become more Jack-like over the past couple of years -maybe he should argue with himself.

Comment

Sam/Cam? Ee-ew! Hope you're joking.

I just hate it in general when characters leave or are killed off in the SG world and then are just never mentioned again.
                            That's a relief! Hope that the writers aren't completely messing with former story lines. Although it seems they like to have Sam fall for whoever comes along, then she turns back to her "safe bet."
                            Don't worry, Amanda Tapping confirmed that any and all interaction between Sam and Cam in AoT is that of a friendshippy nature and nothing more. And Joseph Mallozzi confirmed that he sees Sam and Cam as siblings more than anything else. I think we can safely assume Sam is made for Jack and Jack for Sam.

We wish!
                            But ,
                            Spoiler:
                            From the promotional photography, looks like they may kill off Jack, which would seriously ruin it for me!

Really missing all the Jack/Daniel "arguments" - although Daniel's character has become more Jack-like over the past couple of years -maybe he should argue with himself.
                            There have been talks between Richard Dean Anderson and Brad Wright about a third movie with Jack as a main character so I don't think we have anything to worry about in regards to the part in spoilers in your post. Especially, seeing as Brad Wright confirmed that there will be a small change in the timeline at the end of the movie. Eg.
                            Spoiler:
                            Jack dies, Sam, Daniel and Cam change the timeline, Jack lives.
                            Last edited by Nikki; 24 March 2008, 07:48 AM.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

If you are only a fan of the one character then I would give AOT a miss. No mention of Jack at all. No hints of J/S or J/D or Jack with any of the characters people tend to ship him with.

It is a great movie though and all of the other characters get equal screen time so if you are a fan of Stargate in general than watch it and enjoy.
                              sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Working...
                              X