This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cool but typical episode idea

How about an episode where the team scientists finally go through trinkets that the original Lanteans left behind in their apartments when they stumble on a crystal that belonged to a very important Lantean high council member, the information has been classified (but for some reason not heavily encrypted). After going through it they get a location of a planet without a stargate where the Ancients revived one of their outdated energy generators which continuously provides the power of several ZPM getting Atlantis to far more than 100% powered, but was never used on Atlantis due to its enormous size (like the city actually can land on it, if you want to be adventurative the planet is built around the device).

Before the Ancients left an engineering team was being recalled when they almost had completed the generator. Their ship never made it back, and the Ancients at that point had no ships or resources left to confirm the authenticity or completion of the structure so it was over passed by the high council. Plus at that point the Ancients no longer wanted to be at war so they left.

The new commander allows one of the 304s to travel to the planet to check it out. When the 304 gets there the planet is uninhabited and the entire structure is complete. The new commander decides to relocate Atlantis once again and some scientists return to readjust the city systems to the new power source, a small contingent of marines and other scientist remain at the planet. When Atlantis arrives at the new planet, the structure is still there but the planet is far from uninhabited, a race of advanced people (tollan level?) are using the structure to power its own civilization built around the structure. The team is dumbstruck, not only have they lost a lot of power going there but also dont have enough power to return to New Lantea and live there comfortably, and several members of the expedition has vanished.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

I am intrigued. Since I am not yet wise enough to give you green, I shall send you happy thoughts instead....
    Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
      How about an episode where the team scientists finally go through trinkets that the original Lanteans left behind in their apartments when they stumble on a crystal that belonged to a very important Lantean high council member, the information has been classified (but for some reason not heavily encrypted). After going through it they get a location of a planet without a stargate where the Ancients revived one of their outdated energy generators which continuously provides the power of several ZPM getting Atlantis to far more than 100% powered, but was never used on Atlantis due to its enormous size (like the city actually can land on it, if you want to be adventurative the planet is built around the device).

Before the Ancients left an engineering team was being recalled when they almost had completed the generator. Their ship never made it back, and the Ancients at that point had no ships or resources left to confirm the authenticity or completion of the structure so it was over passed by the high council. Plus at that point the Ancients no longer wanted to be at war so they left.

The new commander allows one of the 304s to travel to the planet to check it out. When the 304 gets there the planet is uninhabited and the entire structure is complete. The new commander decides to relocate Atlantis once again and some scientists return to readjust the city systems to the new power source, a small contingent of marines and other scientist remain at the planet. When Atlantis arrives at the new planet, the structure is still there but the planet is far from uninhabited, a race of advanced people (tollan level?) are using the structure to power its own civilization built around the structure. The team is dumbstruck, not only have they lost a lot of power going there but also dont have enough power to return to New Lantea and live there comfortably, and several members of the expedition has vanished.
      Indeed quite interesting, maybe you should consult with TPTB
      "Don't call us, we'll call you"

--

sigpic

Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
      Favorite Stargate Quote:

For the record, I hate you.
      Well, it can't get any worse, then, can it?
      Oh, no. I'm rapidly working up to despise.
      Spoiler:
      Everyone: "Go Metric"
      Proud Member Of The Bunny Cult
      (\/)
      (oo)
      (")(")

Comment

It's a good idea. Better then some of the episodes we've seen in the past 4 seasons.
        Last edited by jasminaGo; 22 March 2008, 10:32 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Heh if TPTB ever had any of these ideas
          atlantis would be renewed till season 20
          >.>
          also, if it had no stargate, or was never seeded life by the ancients, humans could never have set foot there, advance enough to be tollan level.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Mckay View Post
            Heh if TPTB ever had any of these ideas
            atlantis would be renewed till season 20
            >.>
            also, if it had no stargate, or was never seeded life by the ancients, humans could never have set foot there, advance enough to be tollan level.
            Well it is possible that the Gate was burried, taken away, or it was destroyed. It may also be possible that a totally different race landed there like the one in SG1.

It is an interesting story my question is how will it end are they to be another enemy or friend because it can go both ways right now. The problem with this race is how did they avoid detection from the Wraith?
            Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
              Well it is possible that the Gate was burried, taken away, or it was destroyed. It may also be possible that a totally different race landed there like the one in SG1.

It is an interesting story my question is how will it end are they to be another enemy or friend because it can go both ways right now. The problem with this race is how did they avoid detection from the Wraith?
              If they were advanced enough to build a ship, then the Wraith must've known about them, therefore its improbable that they survived that long without wraith detection.
              Doubt they will be enemy level because Tollan level tech isn't that high compared to the Ancient shield tech.
              Also, 304s can detect life signs. When it went to check the planet out, they should've detected life signs.

Comment

great idea!!! it would b nice 2 c some more exploring of the city

Comment

good idea but it needs work.

Comment

very intersting idea..i would definitley tune iin to watch an episode like that....i bet an episode like that could easily push SGA back into the "Ancient Mysteries" that were so cool in season1

Comment

Kind of reminds me of Trinity.

But anyway, you got anymore on this idea? What's the resolution?

Comment

usually when i come up with ideas i leave it open ended, so on the off chance someone does pick it up it would be interesting to see how it is resolved.
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

it would be a really cool idea for an episode much better than everybody getting sick all the time
                          - Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
                          - When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
                          - Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
                          - Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Comment

Does Atlantis even have the power to relocate at this point?

They have a ZPM, but they were only able to lift off from Lantea by using a ZPM and supplemental power provided by the underwater drilling platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                              Does Atlantis even have the power to relocate at this point?

They have a ZPM, but they were only able to lift off from Lantea by using a ZPM and supplemental power provided by the underwater drilling platform.

Yeah but there shields were up at full strength to protect from the replicator beam. And how much power can it really take to lift off a city into space? I mean I can do it at home with a couple of double a batteries and a stick of chewing gum.
                              Last edited by ablevins425; 22 March 2008, 02:28 PM.
                              You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Working...
                              X