Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Lost City had been the end...(spoilers LC)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Lost City had been the end...(spoilers LC)

[COLOR=Navy].....would it have been good enough to end the series with? I'm not saying LC in the full length feature film form (because that would be conjecture anyway due to possible script changes and post production editing) but rather as we saw it as 2 eps. It would have left Jack to be saved by Atlantis which would have been one hell of a lead in for that show. But the problem of the rest of the goa'uld would still be there, the jaffa still wouldn't be free, the replicators would still be looming albeit really slowly, Earth would only be 'safe for now' and we never met Those Damn Furlings . So would it have been enough closure? Although you would miss the show dearly, at least I would, would it have been possible to tolerate due the the amazing high note that the series would have ended on?

I find myself surprised to answer my own question in the affirmative. LC was good enough to end the series with even though there are so many questions that I still have`ajout |he`Stargate(universe. (Althougj I want`July anl*Síason 8 to get heve as soon cs0possible and I am still zolding out hope for wecwon 9..n. gnd beyond, I would ha~e bgen fairly satisfied if Lc was`the end for SG1. `maybe it is beca}we I hive high hopes for the franchise beyond |he first"show but walking away after only 7 seasons wouldn't have been cs baf as I had imagined, before season 8 was anounced, for the simple fact the LC was so good.

Your thoughts?*[/COLOr}

*Please no mention of SHIP, there are enough threads to talk about that stuff already.

I think it would have been, however it's irrelevant as TLC was either a film or a season finale.

I must say I prefer this way as oppose to a series finale though, crossing a series to continue a cliffhanger would just be far too messy...

Comment

It would have been a good finale, just have Jack saved in the first ep of Atlantis.

Personaly, I'm looking forward to Season 8 when they can rub their victory in the faces of the Tok'ra and the Rebel Jaffa

The Man

Comment

It's not really fair to say, because Brad & Rob knew it wasn't the end, and so if they didn't know that it would have been written differently....

Comment

I don't know if it would have worked well... I would have been disappointed, seeing as I only started watching the new eps as they came on about a quarter into season 7... that's just not enough brand-new-episode excitement! But I do agree it would have been a heck of a cliffhanger for Atlantis!
          Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

i think it provided good closure if it was the end just like full circle was closure for s6

Comment

If The Lost City had been the very end yes, it would have been written completely differently but I think it would still have been a good closure. However, if have doubts about the cliffhanger. People would really want to know what happened to the unfinished stories and of course, Jack
              __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Naitch
                Personaly, I'm looking forward to Season 8 when they can rub their victory in the faces of the Tok'ra and the Rebel Jaffa
                That'd go over well.

Jack: "Nyah, nyah! We beat Apophis!"
                Rebel Jaffa: "Yes; when were you planning on getting that teltac you came begging to us for back?"
                Jack: "Um..."
                Rebel Jaffa: "So we hear Tek ma'te Bra'tac saved your collective hash again."
                Jack: "I got frozen! Gimme a break."
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

It might have been a good ending. They'd have to fix the problem in Atlantis, though
                  It took me forever to make this signature up.

I'm one fry sort of a happy meal!- Jack

Comment

I don't think that it would be a good ending, but the question is irrelevent. If it would have been the end the writers would have written the last few episodes differently as to tie up as many loose ends as they could.

Remember they found out there was gonna be a Season 8 before the later episodes were even written.
                    -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
                    -Jack O'Niell

Comment

Yeah.. I think it could have worked like this. A few things could have carried over into Atlantis, but mostly it could be over. More closure than a lot of shows.
                      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

as a season Finale TLC was a good 2 parter but as the last ever episode, it wouldn't have been a good way to end the show because there is still a lot of unasnwered questions

with Atlantis set in a new Galaxy, we can pretty much say that the Jaffa, Super Soldiers, Replicator, Goa'uld, Aschen, Tollans and possibly even Asgard will not be in it. there is still a lot that can be done with these races and just ending the series with TLC, nothing would change the fact that without SG-1 or another SG show set in this Galaxy, what ever happens to them will probably never be concluded.

it would be a waste of Atlantis if it has to keep running into them to fill in holes in the story. with season 8 or even a season 9, when ever the show decides to end, these left over stories could be finished properly and SG-1 could finish properly. somethings Atlantis could help fill somethings in but not everything.

sigpic

Comment

From what I understand the basic premise for the Lost City was taken from what would have been the movie but it was altered when they found out they were coming back for season 8. I think if Lost City had been the very end of the series what we would have gotten would have been much different.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I think I would have been satisfied if TLC was used as a transition into Atlantis and SG-1 ended. I agree it would have had to been written a little differently, but it would sufice. Atlantis then I think would have to be made to take over exactly where TLC left SG-1 instead of just a mere spin off.

Comment

Waaaahhhh! But I don't want SG1 to end! Waaaahhhh! . Oh, you're speaking hypothetically (sp?).

I suppose I would have been satisfied had that been the last ep, not happy, but satisfied.
                              Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Working...
                              X