Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Time Travel Idea for an Episode

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008...-particle.html

Looks like a Stargate or that particle accelerator they used in the episode Redemption in Season 6. The team should visit there when they start it up and something goes wrong of course.
    I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.

perhaps something goes wrong, and we have strange other-dimensional creatures wich we will hunt. with plasma rifles ofcourse

Comment

There is a sheer differnece from being able to time travel and doing it might sound a bit closed minded and paranoid but traveling into the past is very extremly dangerous. Time paradox's and things like that just think of it like this it creates a tiny explosion in time say 400 years ago that diverts someones attention for a few seconds but during those few seconds they were supposed to see there to be life partner they dont see each other and they dont go out and have there kids there kids dont have kids ect ect and before you know it einstien wasnt born.

The risks are to high to time travel im all for scientific enhancement but time should not be played around with and for anyone who says wouldnt you go back and kill hitler before ww2 hell no i wouldnt we dont know what the timeline change would be if hitler didnt exist chances are i wouldnt and many other people throughout the world theres also a chance the world would be destroyed through a war between NATO and the USSR.

Traveling into the future is just as dangerous we could send someone 1000 years into the future into a unified Earth but with are arrival could destroy there way of life either through a cold we take forward and there immune systems are to weak to resist which kills the human race.

I would always refrain from time travel and playing round with blackholes and other dimensions theres millions of variables and intill we start this kind of experiment in another solar system i will not be happy with it.

They should use these variables in a stargate episode would show in a grand way how time travel bu**ers up everythink. BTW almost all stargate time travel episodes are wrong.
      if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
        There is a sheer differnece from being able to time travel and doing it might sound a bit closed minded and paranoid but traveling into the past is very extremly dangerous. Time paradox's and things like that just think of it like this it creates a tiny explosion in time say 400 years ago that diverts someones attention for a few seconds but during those few seconds they were supposed to see there to be life partner they dont see each other and they dont go out and have there kids there kids dont have kids ect ect and before you know it einstien wasnt born.

The risks are to high to time travel im all for scientific enhancement but time should not be played around with and for anyone who says wouldnt you go back and kill hitler before ww2 hell no i wouldnt we dont know what the timeline change would be if hitler didnt exist chances are i wouldnt and many other people throughout the world theres also a chance the world would be destroyed through a war between NATO and the USSR.

Traveling into the future is just as dangerous we could send someone 1000 years into the future into a unified Earth but with are arrival could destroy there way of life either through a cold we take forward and there immune systems are to weak to resist which kills the human race.

I would always refrain from time travel and playing round with blackholes and other dimensions theres millions of variables and intill we start this kind of experiment in another solar system i will not be happy with it.

They should use these variables in a stargate episode would show in a grand way how time travel bu**ers up everythink. BTW almost all stargate time travel episodes are wrong.
        First of all, your post was hard to get through...because of grammar.

Second of all, They have indeed mentioned these paradoxes several times throughout the Stargate franchise. For example, The SG-1 Episode Moebius parts 1 and 2. Where

Spoiler:
        SG-1 go back in time to steal a ZPM from Ra, and inevitably end up changing the timeline, The new timeline SG-1 must then go back and fix it, and end up being the cause of what happened in the original timeline(the uprising against Ra)

Are you saying then, that this is wrong? because this proves your point about the paradoxes...They have mentioned them, and attempted to not cause them, but of course, in attempting not to do anything, they didnt do what they actually did in the real timeline, and changed it, and had to go back and do it all over again. Watch the episodes again, you shall see.

Comment

almost every time travel episode goes wrong and is fixed. hammond sent himself a letter so the earlier him would recognise sg1, yet what happened first then? nothing, as the new timeline is saved over the old. going to the future doesnt even come close to the dangers of going to the past. if you do something wrong in the past, and you die, then it goes horribly wrong, and the timeline cant be restored. if you timetravel, leaving something to make sure everyting is ok is mandatory. sg1 did so in moeibius. and they left it at a spot they would be sure noone else finds it. arctic gate is a very important device in alternate timelines. its a spot sg1 and sga know for sure it doesnt change in thousands of years.

Comment

I say Ronon goes to Earth, and when he gets there he goes back in time. When he's there he kills all the dinosaures.

Comment

Originally posted by Davesg-43 View Post
              I say Ronon goes to Earth, and when he gets there he goes back in time. When he's there he kills all the dinosaures.
              would be a giggle
              if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
                would be a giggle
                indeed it would be

Comment

Working...
                X