Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ark of Truth was a huge disappointment...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ark of Truth was a huge disappointment...

I have seen practically every episode of both Stargate Atlantis and Sg1 and you people have to be kidding yourself if you believe that movie was good. There were so many things wrong with it that I probably don't remember it all. I know that a 7 million dollar budget is not a ton but its more than their 1 million dollar budget that they usually get per a episode.

When I bought this movie I was counting on a movie similar to the Lost City parts 1 and 2.

I want Stargate to continue to create good episodes that made me love the series. But if they are going to put out crap like this then they should just end the series.

Some problems that I remember from watching the movie...

*Why did the Ori just leave tealc wounded on the ground?
    *Why didn't Daniel or anyone try to take him with them?
    *How did they escape?
    *The replicators again! Seriously Robert when are you people going to try something new.
    *Since when can replicators take a human's body over!?!?!
    *Why is the movie trying to copy terminator, since when do replicators form evil skeletons!?!??!
    *How Daniel and the rest of them found the ark was ridiculous. Of course its basically right in front of them. And of course the cave starts collapsing for no reason.
    *How were all of them able to get out of the prison cells so easily? Why weren't there actually guards in the most important Ori location?
    *The Ark was just to stupid and too easy. Just whip out the Ark and everything is better. Come on.

I love stargate but I think this movie was an embarrassment to the series.

After the appalling crap that's been spurting out of SGA recently...I began watching AoT with very low expectations...and I found it to be very good. Full of surprises and whatnot.

I didn't agree with the main story for the ark itself (I would have preferred a big massive ancient warship called 'The Ark' but meh)...but I like how they actually did it. No, it wasn't brilliant, but it was really good.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by A Rabid Asgard View Post
      I have seen practically every episode of both Stargate Atlantis and Sg1 and you people have to be kidding yourself if you believe that movie was good. There were so many things wrong with it that I probably don't remember it all. I know that a 7 million dollar budget is not a ton but its more than their 1 million dollar budget that they usually get per a episode.

When I bought this movie I was counting on a movie similar to the Lost City parts 1 and 2.

I want Stargate to continue to create good episodes that made me love the series. But if they are going to put out crap like this then they should just end the series.

*How did they escape?
      *The replicators again! Seriously Robert when are you people going to try something new.
      *Why is the movie trying to copy terminator, since when do replicators form evil skeletons!?!??!
      *How Daniel and the rest of them found the ark was ridiculous. Of course its basically right in front of them. And of course the cave starts collapsing for no reason.
      *How were all of them able to get out of the prison cells so easily? Why weren't there actually guards in the most important Ori location?
      *The Ark was just to stupid and too easy. Just whip out the Ark and everything is better. Come on.

Because they thought he was dead, now they should have made sure, but that was the thought.
      Because they were being dragged off to the Ori holy city.
      Good question.
      I liked seeing them back again.
      Since well never, but makes sense thogh, especially how they did it, and the reasons for it.
      This is not the first time Stargate has made omage to Terminator.
      No reason......ancient cave......C-4, not the best of mixes.
      Good point.....possibly their overwhelming arrogance.
      Gate has done super solutions and quick solutions before.

Comment

it wasn't that bad - just plagued with several inconsistencies
        Spoiler:
        my "favourite" is probably Cameron's fight with the replicator-possessed human - the latter should've swatted Cam like a gnat yet at moments their strengths seemed almost matched...

also the odyssey survivng an inordinate amount of hits from concentrated fire from 4 main ori ship cannons

btw. the replicator subplot was so unnecessary - we didn't even get to see an ori vs. replicator confrontation

Comment

*How did they escape?

There is an Ark of Truth folder for threads relating to the movie

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
          Because they thought he was dead, now they should have made sure, but that was the thought.
          Because they were being dragged off to the Ori holy city.
          Good question.
          I liked seeing them back again.
          Since well never, but makes sense thogh, especially how they did it, and the reasons for it.
          This is not the first time Stargate has made omage to Terminator.
          No reason......ancient cave......C-4, not the best of mixes.
          Good point.....possibly their overwhelming arrogance.
          Gate has done super solutions and quick solutions before.
          What he said... and as for the Ori not checking that Teal'c was dead... they either left him for dead due to arrogance or he was dead and Morgan La Fay brought him back... either of those work
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
            it wasn't that bad - just plagued with several inconsistencies
            Spoiler:
            my "favourite" is probably Cameron's fight with the replicator-possessed human - the latter should've swatted Cam like a gnat yet at moments their strengths seemed almost matched...

also the odyssey survivng an inordinate amount of hits from concentrated fire from 4 main ori ship cannons

btw. the replicator subplot was so unnecessary - we didn't even get to see an ori vs. replicator confrontation
            It was only really added to give Sam and Cam something to do, otherwise there would be virtually nothing for them to do the Ori arc has always been Daniel and Valas plot.
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

read me
              sigpic
              EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
              -Liberty Prime

Comment

Youre welcome to your opinion i guess. Heres my best answers for you.

The ori are all dead, the soldiers left him for dead the same way they did their own fallen troops.

Oh sure, "Hey guys i know ure imprisoning us and dragging us off with u to be tortured, but can we bring out friends body with us?" Im sure they woulda said yes. That woulda been a good use of 2-3 min of screen time instead of moving the plot ahead.

*How did they escape?

Morgan distracted Adria then Vala casually strolled off to free tomin while tealc freed daniel. I mean she literally said it right before tealc walked up and opened the door.

Thats not a question.

I thot u just asked for something new XD

See above + it looked cool

Morgan lead them to it by pretending to be merlin, she explained that too. And they did just set off a huge explosion less than a minute before. Thats a reason.

Answered this one up there.

The 'ancient device/weapon that saves the day' is a recurring plot element unique to Stargate, has been for years ever since Full Circle. Kinda late to hate it 5 years after it became a stargate fixture.

*I love stargate but I think this movie was an embarrassment to the series.

Did you save the receipt? Maybe sell it on ebay its going like hotcakes on amazon, maybe recoup your losses.

Comment

guys, there is already a thread for those who were disappointed with the movie. Check it out.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=52531
                  There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                  sigpic
                  awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                  X