Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

could other 304 duplicate Odyssey's cloaking abilities or..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could other 304 duplicate Odyssey's cloaking abilities or..

When Daniel was merge with Merlin ,he modified Odyssey's system to generate a cloaking field ,Daniel said it was easy because Odyssey has a ZPM at the time.
    Sam had a difficult time deactivating the cloak at first , but since then The Odyssey was able claok and unclaok in a few important mission.And later it was upgraded by the Asgard's latest technologies.

So does the Odyssey need the ZPM to cloak ,or Could other 304 duplicate Odyssey's cloak with ot without the ZPM.

In the pegasus Galaxy , Cloaking abilities could enhance Apollo and Daedulas's abilities.When are they going to give other 304 claoking abilities.
    Daniel use Merlin knowledge to create the cloak with the help of ZPM, he probably only make the programing change with the standard 304 hardware, if Sam can learn the principle of the cloak, we could make a new equipment especially for the cloak.Make it more efficient and less power, and also suitable for other 304.

Its just a question of making changes to the shield system so that it acts like a cloak, the same has been done in the other direction by McKay with a Jumper.

I think Daniel said that it helped having a ZPM but that it wasn't required, perhaps a cloak doesn't use energy as efficiently as a shield and therefore cloaking a 304 would require more of its power (i.e. less for other systems) but that would mean that the Jumper has a more efficient design of cloak than Daniel made for the Odyssey.

Perhaps is just a question what the system was initially designed for. Sorry, i got slightly off topic there.

I believe its possible to convert a shield into a cloak and visa versa but its complicated and takes quite a bit of power (but not more than a 304's generators are capable of generating).
    Nu ani Anquietas :: We are the Ancients, well some of us

Comment

Originally posted by Tomouse55 View Post
      Its just a question of making changes to the shield system so that it acts like a cloak, the same has been done in the other direction by McKay with a Jumper.

I think Daniel said that it helped having a ZPM but that it wasn't required, perhaps a cloak doesn't use energy as efficiently as a shield and therefore cloaking a 304 would require more of its power (i.e. less for other systems) but that would mean that the Jumper has a more efficient design of cloak than Daniel made for the Odyssey.

Perhaps is just a question what the system was initially designed for. Sorry, i got slightly off topic there.

I believe its possible to convert a shield into a cloak and visa versa but its complicated and takes quite a bit of power (but not more than a 304's generators are capable of generating).

surely they could just do what they did on atlantis with them all, using PJ cloaking crytals or whatever it was they used, i'm sure not ALL PJs nead cloaks
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

I don't think we will see another cloaked ship anytime soon. Priorised Merlin/Daniel was able to make a cloak for the Odyssey through his advanced knowledge so I doubt he will remember it and it was said that a ZPM helps in the task so its possible that it helps create an effective cloak that doesnt waste energy on the ship.

As for doing what they did on Atlantis, I believe they hooked a puddle jumper into the shield grid to transform the shield into a cloak. I don't think we have seen them disassemble a puddle jumper so that leaves the question of whether they can actually rip the generator out for this purpose. Also, one has to remember that puddle jumpers are in short supply and make effective scouts, Earth doesnt have any form of craft that can travel through the gate so any puddle jumper gone is a loss unless some more are found.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
          I don't think we will see another cloaked ship anytime soon. Priorised Merlin/Daniel was able to make a cloak for the Odyssey through his advanced knowledge so I doubt he will remember it and it was said that a ZPM helps in the task so its possible that it helps create an effective cloak that doesnt waste energy on the ship.

As for doing what they did on Atlantis, I believe they hooked a puddle jumper into the shield grid to transform the shield into a cloak. I don't think we have seen them disassemble a puddle jumper so that leaves the question of whether they can actually rip the generator out for this purpose. Also, one has to remember that puddle jumpers are in short supply and make effective scouts, Earth doesnt have any form of craft that can travel through the gate so any puddle jumper gone is a loss unless some more are found.
          there are plenty of cargo ships with cloaks around the place though, perhaps they could rip the cloaking generators out of those, they only needs a few anyway.
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

It should be no problem, Carter or McKay can easily figure it out.

Techically it should be very feasible.

Only thing is the plot.

Comment

'tis true, if the 304's suddenly had cloaks too, it would make any battle a little one sided, all we'd have to do is follow people around until they drop their shields and then BANG, dead-ness...
              Nu ani Anquietas :: We are the Ancients, well some of us

Comment

Originally posted by Tomouse55 View Post
                'tis true, if the 304's suddenly had cloaks too, it would make any battle a little one sided, all we'd have to do is follow people around until they drop their shields and then BANG, dead-ness...
                agreed, but dont forget a cloacked ship is not completely undectable[/offtopic]

I think Mkcay or carter could figure it out, trouble is that they dont
                Perhaps Puff

Comment

even the most advanced ships need a few seconds to raise shields, like the replicator ship in New order or the Asuran Auroras in BAMSR. if they can cloak and shield at the same time then maybe, but by its self its too risky.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Cloaking does not seem to difficult, and i don't think a ZPM is required to do so (maybe for odyssey, its required), after all, Aphopis's Hatak's could cloak.

Comment

Actually it was Sokar's Hataks that Apophis stole.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Some stuff makes no sense like Sokars ships cloaking. Anyways I think McKay converting the PJs cloak into a shield and McKay converting Atlantis' shield into a cloak was extremely stupid. It annoys me to no end when he changes/upgrades Lantean systems. Like he was upgrading Atlantis' OS? Yea to what? No way in hell could any human come up with something better for a very long time.

Anyways. The Plot effects alot of things that would normally make no sense.

Comment

"Anyways I think McKay converting the PJs cloak into a shield and McKay converting Atlantis' shield into a cloak was extremely stupid."

Yes. There are many holes in the story, like any sci-fi or any fiction. The first , the Ancients being defeated by the mere Wraith. Only if they were completely impotent to military tactics could that happen.
                          Last edited by JSPuddlejumper; 21 March 2008, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                            Some stuff makes no sense like Sokars ships cloaking. Anyways I think McKay converting the PJs cloak into a shield and McKay converting Atlantis' shield into a cloak was extremely stupid. It annoys me to no end when he changes/upgrades Lantean systems. Like he was upgrading Atlantis' OS? Yea to what? No way in hell could any human come up with something better for a very long time.

Anyways. The Plot effects alot of things that would normally make no sense.
                            Why is it so stupid that McKay can tweak some Ancient systems? Maybe the OS for Altantis worked great for Ancients, but not so well for us...?

And JSPuddleJumper, get over it, man. You're always saying that. You seem like the dumped boyfriend who can't get over their ex and is quite bitter as result. No one would have thought a bunch of lowly colonists would beat the great British empire, either. Much different situation, I know, but nonetheless a battle inwhich the one with the supreme advantage still lost.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                              When Daniel was merge with Merlin ,he modified Odyssey's system to generate a cloaking field ,Daniel said it was easy because Odyssey has a ZPM at the time.
                              Sam had a difficult time deactivating the cloak at first , but since then The Odyssey was able claok and unclaok in a few important mission.And later it was upgraded by the Asgard's latest technologies.

So does the Odyssey need the ZPM to cloak ,or Could other 304 duplicate Odyssey's cloak with ot without the ZPM.

In the pegasus Galaxy , Cloaking abilities could enhance Apollo and Daedulas's abilities.When are they going to give other 304 claoking abilities.
                              Daniel use Merlin knowledge to create the cloak with the help of ZPM, he probably only make the programing change with the standard 304 hardware, if Sam can learn the principle of the cloak, we could make a new equipment especially for the cloak.Make it more efficient and less power, and also suitable for other 304.
                              I dont think we should give anymore of our ships cloaking. It would make space fights way to easy. We can sneak up on the wraith(or whoever) take them out, or if were loseing, badly, we can just cloak and get away undetected. That would make the show way to easy.
                              What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X