X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Continuum - 24 Hours Vancouver - Amanda Tapping Interview

From 24 Hours Vancouver:

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/Entertainment/2008/03/20/5054906-sun.html

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

ENTERTAINMENT

All that nothing is really something

By BRUCE KIRKLAND

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Next to giving birth to daughter Olivia three years ago, shooting Stargate: Continuum in the Arctic Ocean was the most extraordinary experience of Amanda Tapping's life.

The 42-year-old Canadian actress found herself with limited cast and crew on a drifting ice floe for eight days in March 2007 to shoot scenes of a nuclear submarine breaking through the ice. It was frigid. They were all wary of polar bears, which had been spotted nearby and were the reason co-star Christopher Judge refused to participate (he claims to have an aversion to be eaten by bears). They lived in plywood shacks. It was the ultimate in roughing it.

**snippage**

Humans need to be reminded of that nothingness from time to time, Tapping tells Sun Media. "I had a lot of those moments because there was little to distract me. It was life altering. It was unbelievable. It was the most exciting thing I've ever done in my career, by far."

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

SG1 - 24 Hours Vancouver - Tapping Creativity:

From 24 Hours Vancouver:

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/Entertainm...54901-sun.html

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

ENTERTAINMENT

Tapping creativity

Stargate star constantly working on ways to keep her character fresh

By BRUCE KIRKLAND

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Proud Canadian actress Amanda Tapping has been playing the same American sci-fi character -- Samantha Carter -- for 11 years. That covers two TV series and now two direct-to-DVD movies. The risk of burnout is obvious.

"Absolutely! Of course," Tapping tells Sun Media about the possibility of getting bored and being boring to fans. "Actually, that is the biggest challenge in playing somebody for so long. The beauty for me is that the writers have always given me something to work with. The challenge for me is to not go on auto-pilot. It would be very easy. So you have to find a whole new way into the character and, every couple of years, you have to do that."

**snippage**

"I think our fans will embrace them," Tapping says of The Ark of Truth, much of which was shot around Burnaby, B.C, and Continuum, which has Arctic scenes shot in March 2007 on a drifting ice floe in the ocean north of Prudhoe Bay, Alaska.

"They are huge, huge stories and beautifully shot. I mean visually stunning. They were shot as films and they were shot on film. We've been used to shooting on HD the last few years (for the two series), so going back to film was really nice. I'm a film purist. I prefer the richness of that."

Richard Dean Anderson, a Stargate original who dropped out of the series, is back for Continuum and Tapping is delighted. She is also keen on all of her ongoing co-stars. Ark features Ben Browder, Christopher Judge, Michael Shanks and Claudia Black. There is a real friendship circle.

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
    X