This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tapping to be in more episodes season five

In this new interview, she states that she will be appearing in some more episodes at the 2nd part of the season. It will be interesting to see what role she will be playing and if she ends up accompanying Dr. Jackson (Michael Shanks) when he visits Atlantis. Discuss.

Here is the link to the interview.
    http://scifi.about.com/od/tvshowsaz/...08upfronts.htm
    sigpic
    Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I kinda like seeing her in Atlantis, even though I haven't seen the early season 4 eps yet. But she did a great job in the latter part! Atlantis being in military hands is logical, after all, they're getting attacked...

It's going to hell when the IOA takes over... Shep and Woolsey are prolly not going to agree with each other at all...

Maybe Sam is flying a new ship in? She deserves it.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Regarding her reduced involvement in season 5 of Atlantis, Tapping said she didn't know how many episodes she was in this year: she filmed the start of the season with the Atltantis crew, then switched over this month to the 13-episode run in front of the green screens with Sanctuary. Once she's done there she returns to Atlantis to film at least part of the end of season 5.
      I certainly hope she'll be in more eps in s5. maybe she leaves in S&R and her second ep's in the back half? please let me be wrong!
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        I certainly hope she'll be in more eps in s5. maybe she leaves in S&R and her second ep's in the back half? please let me be wrong!
        Imagine your commander running home when half the team are missing and you have funny looking Hybrids running around trying to kill them.

Nice moment to leave... Her leaving had better be in the second ep... It would even be silly to announce her leaving at the end of the first ep!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Yay! I'm very happy that she will feature at the end of the season

I'm hoping that she has two episodes at the start of the season (when Joe said they had her "locked in for two episodes with the possibility of more'' a while ago, I don't think they had any second half episodes completed to the stage where they could start 'locking in' characters. I hope she makes atleast a brief appearance in the mid-season two parter, and because Sanctuary could possibly be done by then, I hope she features quite heavily at the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
            that's how i'm thinking it is. she's in 2 episodes, search and rescue, then one at the end

anything else has yet to be confirmed or signed in anyway
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well "Sanctuary" is only 13 eps and mostly filmed with a green screen. So that would make the production and shooting go very fast. She'll be available when the 2nd half of Atlantis begins. Remember SG crew takes a break in the middle.
              sigpic

Comment

they do. but my gut is that the show will move on without her and bringing sam back will be seen as ertreading the past too much

Personally? i doubt she'll get another episode. the show will go on and they have new characters to play with. I'd love it if they prove me wrong...but with these PTB, 'out of sight, out of mind' seems to be par for the course. the show will move on without her
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm really hoping that Carter is in more than just 2 episodes next season.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by atfan View Post
                    In this new interview, she states that she will be appearing in some more episodes at the 2nd part of the season. It will be interesting to see what role she will be playing and if she ends up accompanying Dr. Jackson (Michael Shanks) when he visits Atlantis. Discuss.

If this is ture i hope she used a lot better than she was in season 4 where she was a talking head and nothing more. Personally if her character isn't used to it's full potential i'd rather she wasn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      I'm really hoping that Carter is in more than just 2 episodes next season.
                      Yup, that would be great

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        that's how i'm thinking it is. she's in 2 episodes, search and rescue, then one at the end

anything else has yet to be confirmed or signed in anyway

I thought she would be in two at the beginning. And then some more at the end. So she is in only 2? What a disappointment!

Comment

Originally posted by atfan View Post

I don't think she will be accompanying Dr. Jackson since he will be appearing in the mid-season two parter, while she bookends the season.

Comment

Originally Posted by atfan
                            That's great new's Sam is still in Atlantis i'm so happy WOOHOO !
                            I wonder if a certain General will be joining her

AMANDA SO TOTALY ROCKS !
                            sigpic
                            (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

I soooo hope she's going to appear more than just 2 eps. She's the reason I'm watching SGA.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X