Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else like the Replicator storyline better than the Ark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone else like the Replicator storyline better than the Ark?

I have to say that I personally enjoyed the Replicator portion of the storyline better than the search for the Ark of Truth. It was exciting, it had some humor, there was plenty of action, the replicators look really cool (imo). There was some nice confrontations with Merrick.

On the other hand, the search for the Ark, though, was not that exciting. We had scenes of Daniel, Vala, Tealc and Tomin walking down a tunnel, dusting off a big box, lying in their cells while someone chants, and Teal'c trecking across some mountains. Things got more interesting once Adria and Morgan appeared, but before then, I was quite happy to flash back to the Ori storyline. It really helped move the movie along.

Does anyone else agree?

Compared to the other story-arcs on SG-1, I never really liked the Ori saga.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
      I have to say that I personally enjoyed the Replicator portion of the storyline better than the search for the Ark of Truth. It was exciting, it had some humor, there was plenty of action, the replicators look really cool (imo). There was some nice confrontations with Merrick.

On the other hand, the search for the Ark, though, was not that exciting. We had scenes of Daniel, Vala, Tealc and Tomin walking down a tunnel, dusting off a big box, lying in their cells while someone chants, and Teal'c trecking across some mountains. Things got more interesting once Adria and Morgan appeared, but before then, I was quite happy to flash back to the Ori storyline. It really helped move the movie along.

Does anyone else agree?
      nope, i loved it

especially the quest for the sangraal

Comment

I enjoyed them both for different reasons.
        My guilty pleasures.

Now...What Am I Offered For All Of The Powers In The Universe?
        A giant swirling headstone, marking the spot where we all used to live and play and slaughter the innocent.

New Vids: Superstar & Chosen Path

Comment

the replicator part had some nostalgia, i actually did like it better.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

The whole Replicator storyline is completely irrelevant and logistically flawed in every aspect.

First, if the IOA wanted to infect the Ori galaxy with Replicators and then blow up the super gate (or something), how do they know if the plan had succeeded? The plan is to let Replicators take over the Odyssey, which means Merrik would have been either dead or unable to send a message across the galaxy to say "ok we're done blow up the gate now".

Second, why bother putting the kill program on the other side of the crystal? If the plan had worked, the Replicators would have gotten control of the Asgard core and write out the program anyway.

Third, sacrificing both SG1 and the Asgard core for a stupid plan that didn't even work against SG1?

Forth, both McKay and scientists on Earth have developed human-form replicators which are much better at combating foes (and less prone to random replication).

Fifth, the Asgard core can synthesize anything, why not synthesize a better anti-prior / anti-ori device instead?

Frankly the whole Replicator story line is nothing more than a cheap shot at nostalgia and was the only thing Cooper could come up with without imagining something original. It's the same with the Ori story line: a religious sect of powerful beings bent on enslaving the galaxy. Woah so different from the Goa'uld it's mind blowing!!!

Comment

Does anyone else agree?
              As much as I enjoyed AoT in its entirety, I think it's very clear that the various stories in it were meant to be told over another year or two of episodic television.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by kazbaby View Post
                I enjoyed them both for different reasons.
                I know exactly what you mean. It was the same way for me as well.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Personally, I feel its out of place for a movie that was designed to resolve the Ori storyline. What do the Replicators do beyond being a possible weapon that never even fought the Ori forces? I think it would have been better if it was given its own movie rather then be two storylines that divide one movie up. So 1 movie for the Ori and another movie for the Replicators but alas...

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Does anyone else agree?
                    ... well, besides that it was another rehash, presented as some stupid action by the IOA instead of a plan of last resort which might have generated good talk between characters, and the fact that the brawl at the end lasted on for too long up to the point where you wondered why the replicators actually bothered zombifying the IOA man instead of just remaining in lego form and spitting acid on Cam... yes, I think it's still a thousand times better than the Ori BS we got served with.

Actually, I'd have prefered have the whole film deal with the replicators sent to the Pegasus galaxy as a last resort, maybe have SG-1 try to stop that, and thus have a battle on multiple front, or something, I don't know, but, well... it's not like the Ori storyline was wrapped up professionally either.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                      the replicator part had some nostalgia, i actually did like it better.
                      Me too, the replicator part caught my attintion more then the search for the Ark, but the Ori part was O.K. i guess.
                      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        As much as I enjoyed AoT in its entirety, I think it's very clear that the various stories in it were meant to be told over another year or two of episodic television.
                        I agree.

But no, I did not like the Replicator part more than the Ori part. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind the Replicators. They provided some funny moments. But I was just more interested in the Ori stuff because that's what they have been building up for the past two years. I liked both plots, but the Ori one still held more of my attention.

But it definitely could have been a whole season on TV. There were things that I would have liked to see fleshed out more. Maybe that's why some people found the Ori plot line a bit lacking in action and suspense. There seemed to be things that were skimmed over for the sake of time. Ideally, it would have been spread out over a season. But since they only had a movie, I think they did a suburb job.
                        Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                        Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

i didnt really like the movie more of a longer episode of stargate

it was so easy to defeat adria and the reps

ark of truth just open it

replictors read back of crystal to terminate spiders

they just made obstacles to boild up to it which wasnt that impressive compared to other sg-1 episodes
                          sigpic

Comment

Nope. I liked the Ori part much better. Of course, a yummy Ben is always nice to watch, but it didn't involved any parts of my brain, just eye candy.

Comment

Nope, didn't like it. It seemed totally out of place. It was like it was put in there to take time and to give Browder and Tapping some reason to be in the movie and some purpose to their characters since neither Mitchell, nor Carter, would be necessary in parts of the movie that were Ark/Ori centric.

Comment

Working...
                              X