This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Actress for Elizabeth Wier

If i have read the new article posted on gateworld about Gost in the Machine it seems that Stargate has hired a new face to play Elizabeth Wier since Torri Higgonson was not going to reprive this role. How do ou feel about a different actress i mean there was a different actress to the intro of Dr. Wier in The lost city and Torri came in in season 8 of SG-1. What do you Think?

I don't know if the character was recast, or the story rewritten accordingly. I've become accustomed to Torri's amazing performance over the last few years, and I'll reserve my judgment on how things turn out in regards to the new episode for now.

Comment

I think that part may have been rewritten and Weir won't appear at all.

Comment

According to the article, the replicators have managed to attain a level of ascension by turning themselves into 'fields of energy', if this is the case then I'm not convinced that she'll even need to be recast...

Comment

did you read teh article?
          Weir will not be played by actress Torri Higginson, who turned down the offer to appear in the episode. Instead the script was rewritten so that the cliffhanger could be resolved and the story continued without her.
          EDIT: what PG15 and jenks said
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

looks like they've re-written it with Fran instead of Elizabeth

Seeing as its the 5th episode, no wonder they couldn't get Torri back when they seemed to leave it so late to contact her.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
              looks like they've re-written it with Fran instead of Elizabeth
              I don't think so. Otherwise they wouldn't have mentioned both of them in the synopsis.

I think this may have been the original story, before the rewrites.

Comment

different actress for WEIR??
                there is no replacement for Torri at least not for me... for me a new actress is not going to be weir.. i will imagine her as another character because Torri = Weir > not someone else

i know they changed it in SG-1 aswell but it surely wasnt an THAT important role so it didnt matter much there....

i rather have no Weir in the whole series anymore, than a faked one!

Comment

It's weird how people seem to magically lose the ability to read whenever it suits them...

Comment

I personally, would worry about Weir being recast until it's stated otherwise from a reputable source.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      It's weird how people seem to magically lose the ability to read whenever it suits them...
                      well, you wanted to know what we think so ....

Comment

I think now I definitely completely understand Torri's decision not to do this episode...she really definitely wouldn't have been portraying Weir in this episode...she'd be portraying a 'ghost' of a copy of a copy of Weir...

Not working for me
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Well, if Torri can't have to go back even to the cameo, I agree with that. I believe, writers already have modifed script for "Ghost in the Machine" episode and focused on FRAN. And... I will quite happy with that!

I like Dr. Weir so much, she is one of the hottest and strongest women character in SGA, but FRAN!!!
                          Man... If I slowly go down to the sweet garden with a Replicator one day, it definitely will be FRAN. Oh, actress Michelle Morgan did great job in 4x11 episode! And i have two shaking hands in the air about see her again on the show. No question.

And, if anybody from producers room read that: We want to more guest appearances. But thank you for good & cool Season 4 + awesome 4x20 episode! And we wanna more, as always.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                            I think now I definitely completely understand Torri's decision not to do this episode...she really definitely wouldn't have been portraying Weir in this episode...she'd be portraying a 'ghost' of a copy of a copy of Weir...

Not working for me
                            Torri never knew what the plot would be, she refused before even being told.

Comment

They will probably have the Weir on the ship be a fake Weir & then Replicator Weir transforms into someone else. Thats pretty much the only plausible explanation on how to write Weir out

Comment

Working...
                              X