This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Expedition Leader

I think that a really interesting choice for the new base commander would be Ms. Chenn (the chinese member of the IOA). I think it would make for some very interesting character interaction and it would add a more international feel to the show that, in my opinion, has been waning since the end of the first season. They could even explore a story where China insists on more involvement in the stargate program. Does anyone else think this would have been a viable option.

Since I understand it's already been determined it's going to be Mr. Weasely (yes, I know it's Woolsey, it's just that once I get past the whole EMH from Voyager thing, he reminds me of a weasel) it would be pretty interesting if he had to report his command decisions to her and that she'd be the one telling him to follow the rule book.

I agree that they don't always let many of the other nations get screen time. I recall seeing a Japanese doctor, the Czech scientist (who could forget him) - I don't pay that close attention usually. What other nations have others seen portrayed on Atlantis?

Maybe even some other military personnel would be interesting - and not Canadian necessarily -- Russian has been done, what about French or Chinese or Israeli? There's bound to be some new story lines and character development the writers could get out of that...

Comment

I agree, I think military personel from other nations would open the door for some very interesting conflicts.

Comment

Hmmm i don't agree...no offense but i think a Chinese offical presiding over Atlantis would kind of ruin the feel of the show. i mean im not sre if I want the leader of the first Tau'ri settlement in the Pegasus Galaxy be a communist...but those are just personal opinions and i don't mean offense by them.

Comment

The Chinese are about as communist as Walmart. Why wouldn't you want the leader to be communist anyway? The expedition is probably about as close to being communist as it is capitalist anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            The Chinese are about as communist as Walmart. Why wouldn't you want the leader to be communist anyway? The expedition is probably about as close to being communist as it is capitalist anyway...
            I guess...maybe its not the communism...but i still dont think the leader should be a representative of China unless the character is thoroughly developed....personally i believe Woosley's character has been developed but i still hate him anyways...

Comment

As a Chinese Canadian, should I be offended right now?

Comment

finally a guy leader! yay

Comment

Originally posted by tempus View Post
                  finally a guy leader! yay
                  The expedition is doomed

Spoiler:
                  I'm just kidding
                  Spoiler:
                  Or am I?
                  sigpic

Comment

I definately agree that exploring the international politics of the stargate programme and the addition of more varied nationalities in atlantis would be a good idea. Not sure about a chineese leader for the expedition tho.

Surely the expedition would want to use the specialities of other nations, if they wanted to get the best of the best?

The idea that I always thought would make alot of sense is the involvement of the SAS (British special forces). The SAS opperate in small units similar to the teams that go through the gate and the nature of their specialities are perfect for the type of conflict the teams encounter. Also they work closely with the US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan so you'd imagine they'd make the most of them where they were most needed (on Atlantis or in SGC).

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Mitch View Post
                      The idea that I always thought would make alot of sense is the involvement of the SAS (British special forces). The SAS opperate in small units similar to the teams that go through the gate and the nature of their specialities are perfect for the type of conflict the teams encounter.
                      They'd have to end up as redshirts like the US Marines to make the star characters look heroic.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        Oh no, you know too much...for you know Walmart's secret...LOL

Anyways, I think the perfect leader for Atlantis would be Dr. Daniel Jackson. For he would be the best person for the job. He should state to the people higher up that if it wasn't for him there wouldn't be an Atlantis Expedition so make me the leader...LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X