Typo on the box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typo on the box

Wow, you'd think something this professional would be proofread.

It says I.O. on the back instead of I.O.A. on the AoT DVD box.

small, but annoying.

Dude, there are millions of typos on all sorts of packaging, it's called being human.... I think you just wanted to start a thread lol

Comment

I noticed that too. My family thinks I'm crazy.

Also, if you have the original season six box set of SG-1 (I don't know about the thin pack), there is an episode about the Prometheus that the box describes as the maiden voyage of the "X-53" instead of the 303.

Comment

Also, how come 'Daniel Jackson' is the only full name that appears? The others are listed as either only a first name (Vala) or a nickname (Sam and Cam).
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ascended abydonian View Post
          Also, how come 'Daniel Jackson' is the only full name that appears? The others are listed as either only a first name (Vala) or a nickname (Sam and Cam).
          The same reason that Teal'C calls Jack "O'Neill", Daniel "Daniel Jackson", and Sam "Colonial Carter"...

You should be glad they didn't put Teal'C down as "Muscles" on the packaging.

And while it's true that making mistakes is only human, could they not have paid someone to proofread the packaging BEFORE they print it? I mean, it's a pretty obvious mistake, I've seen dozens of threads on this...

Comment

Originally posted by andy tyler View Post

small, but annoying.
            Because it's not really the IOA anymore... IO stands of Idiocracy... The whole organization is made of idiots, mental patients, and intellectually-challenged people.

Seriously, the IOA has done NOTHING right, and has done every wrong imaginable. I don't know why the writers would make them such unnecessary part of the logistic tree if they're just going to be another NIC... At least give them some credibility from time to time.

It just goes to show how desperate MGM is and how AoT is just another cheap money grabbing device that they didn't care enough to check for typos.

Comment

Seriously, the IOA has done NOTHING right, and has done every wrong imaginable. I don't know why the writers would make them such unnecessary part of the logistic tree if they're just going to be another NIC... At least give them some credibility from time to time.
              For anyone that has been frustrated by the buearocracy of a corp or gov't enviroment enjoys watching others suffer too. (unkind of me....but shadenfreude is real.) Also seeing these people made to look likes clowns is cathartic.

I'm anxious to see how badly abused Woolsey is in the next season.

Comment

Yeah, typos happen everyday.

And the show's called Stararget, not Stargate.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by andy tyler View Post

small, but annoying.
                  I saw that when i first got it home.

Comment

Yeah this was the first thing I noticed. It may be a typo and I don't really blame anyone but man, does it really manage to annoy me. I don't even know why, something this insignificant shouldn't annoy me but it does. Almost as annoying as the the misinformation on the back of the S10 box.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Thorne View Post
                      Yeah this was the first thing I noticed. It may be a typo and I don't really blame anyone but man, does it really manage to annoy me. I don't even know why, something this insignificant shouldn't annoy me but it does. Almost as annoying as the the misinformation on the back of the S10 box.
                      Unfortunately something like this happens on every dvd. The season 10 one though is by far the worst.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Apparently the "I.O." (aka. Idiot Organization) also runs the company that does the packaging for SG1 DVDs...

Just another piece of evidence that they really don't give a **** about us fans.

Comment

What annoys me is that people are paid to do this- it's their job to check their facts and to proofread (and if they're smart, have another set of eyes look over) what they write. If I made some of the more brutal errors that some of these DVD packages have, on a school report, whether factually or grammatically, it wouldn't be considered acceptable work. And I'm not sending it into millions of homes to read, let alone getting paid to do! There are typos, and then there are stupid mistakes, and more often than not these things look to fall in the stupid lazy mistakes category. And frankly I'd be embarrassed if I churned out that sort of work.....

Not to mention the back of the box spoiled a key point of the plot, yet a further point of frustration, especially after months of avoiding anything to do with the movie.

Comment

Truth is, we're angry because the movie didn't turn out to be all that Earth shattering, the typo just ignites the fury...

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                              What annoys me is that people are paid to do this- it's their job to check their facts and to proofread (and if they're smart, have another set of eyes look over) what they write. If I made some of the more brutal errors that some of these DVD packages have, on a school report, whether factually or grammatically, it wouldn't be considered acceptable work. And I'm not sending it into millions of homes to read, let alone getting paid to do! There are typos, and then there are stupid mistakes, and more often than not these things look to fall in the stupid lazy mistakes category. And frankly I'd be embarrassed if I churned out that sort of work.....

Not to mention the back of the box spoiled a key point of the plot, yet a further point of frustration, especially after months of avoiding anything to do with the movie.
                              I agree with most of what you said except for the last part. It didn't give that much away IMO. My only gripe with packaging has been the screw up on the season 10 set stating Daniel was the team leader, and the horrible photoshop job on the season 3 set of Atlantis.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X