Ori Supergate (Ark of Truth Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Supergate (Ark of Truth Spoilers)

With the Ori and Adria defeated, we've seen that the Priors still have their super powers. Why not have the Ori build a new pair of Supergates: one in the Milky Way galaxy and one in the Pegasus galaxy? This way, Atlantis wouldn't have to bother with the intergalactic gate bridge. They could use Puddle Jumpers to cross the galactic void without having to use one of their huge starships. Atlantis would only need to make passing references to the movie by saying that the SGC has new allies capable of building large Stargates for starships to travel through.

To whoever moved my post, did you read it? I posted in General Discussion, because my post is also about Atlantis.

Comment

Seems a bit risky, if the Wraith were somehow able to take control of it we'd effectively be handing them an easy way to get to Earth...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Seems a bit risky, if the Wraith were somehow able to take control of it we'd effectively be handing them an easy way to get to Earth...
        You're right. But maybe after we make a few more ships, one or two can stand guard on each side. Then the Wraith will atack, and we'll get to see another space battle episode.
        sigpic

Comment

If we could get the priors to build us those supergates, then we could also ask them for use of their ships and guard the 'gates against the wraith.
          sigpic

Comment

They need neither the supergate nor the gate bridge. We saw in "The Pegasus Project" that they can dial a gate from Pegasus to MW with the power of a black hole, and we know they have the macro call forwarding thing. Have two gates around black holes, one in MW and one in PG, then have the SGC or Atlantis dial one of the black hole gates, have it call forward you to the other black hole gate, and have that one send you to your destination. Essentially it would be a shorter gate bridge, without Midway. Have a ship come in every now and then to pull the gate back to it's original distance from the black hole, and I think it could be a working system. Unless of course they come up with some dumb reason why it wouldn't work, like you can't dial in to a gate that close to a black hole, or can't send anything through.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

like all the other supergate in pegasus threads its never going to happen
              sigpic

Comment

The Priors may not fully understand the technology. Don't forget it was built with the help of ascended Ori. The Ori could've simply possessed a Prior, then used that Prior to give the necessary building instructions. The Priors probably still know how to operate the technology they have, but I doubt they fully understand it. The Prior's staffs are also a mystery. They were the means by which power was transferred from worshippers to the Ori...this means they probably worked in the other direction also, enabling the Ori to use the Priors to power devices.

Comment

I honestly have a feeling that even if the Doci decided to be charitable and had a Supergate constructed in the Pegasus galaxy for easy travel to and from the MW, it'd get destroyed due to some complicated mishap or other a couple of episodes or so after it becomes operational, same with nearly all the other amazing tech that the Atlantis team get their hands on.

Comment

They need a supergate with a super-iris.

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                      like all the other supergate in pegasus threads its never going to happen
                      Ya, and sadly it has absolutely nothing to do with good or bad writing, but everything to do with keeping franchises separate. And unfortunately this is not just a problem unique to Stargate: Atlantis, but rather spin-off's in general. Star Trek, with all of its spin-off's, often suffered from the exact same problem. Times when it would have been totally logical and appropriate to bring something that was happening in one series into another were completely and deliberately avoided because of this idea that the franchises must be kept separate. (For example, ST:Insurrection was set during the height of the Dominion War on DS9, but rather than show the Enterprise doing something exciting like playing some pivotal role in the war, the writers/producers instead choose to have the crew go on some "who cares" adventure to some backwater planet that would never be mentioned again.)

The simple fact of the matter is that any television series (or movie based on a Television series) is first and foremost a business. As fans this can be very frustrating, because while we’re focus on the story, the people who make these shows their primary concerned about make money. If they happen to create a good story along the way, great, but it’s really a secondary concern. Furthermore, we, as fans, see spin-off's as a continuation of the original series; but to the industry, spin-off’s are completely separate (and often competing) businesses (or franchises), each bound by their own financial and contractual restrictions. This is why producers go to such great lengths to keep spin-off's as separate as possible from the original, except of course on the occasions when they think some token cross-over will bolster sagging ratings (like bringing Carter to Atlantis for season 4). This is the reason we will never see Supergates, Ori Ships, Priors or much of anything else from SG1 or AoT on Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                      X