This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

movie spoiler guess.

Will the time line reset with out michell so that sg1 movies will be with anderson instead? maybe no valla? maybe the gould back in power?

no

Comment

err...no
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

good. i want rda, but i am used to mitchel now.

Comment

The alternate timeline featured in the movie will be a timeline where the SGC never existed. When the timeline is restored, it will be more or less the same, but there's a rumor that there may be one major change. I suspect this major change will be where something happens at the beginning of the movie, SG-1 ends up in the alternate timeline, and when they restore history, that event at the beginning of the movie now happens differently. A good example of this would be Ba'al escaping his execution, the death of a major character like O'Neill or Teal'c, the destruction of Earth, or something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
            The alternate timeline featured in the movie will be a timeline where the SGC never existed. When the timeline is restored, it will be more or less the same, but there's a rumor that there may be one major change. I suspect this major change will be where something happens at the beginning of the movie, SG-1 ends up in the alternate timeline, and when they restore history, that event at the beginning of the movie now happens differently. A good example of this would be Ba'al escaping his execution, the death of a major character like O'Neill or Teal'c, the destruction of Earth, or something else.
            The quote I read called it a minor, subtle change, and that it was more for kicks, a la the fish in Jack's pond.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Well, in any event, I think it will be in reference to something early on in the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                The Stargate fan base would raise hell if Jack or Teal'C dies permanently you can count on that & the destruction of Earth not happening. I think the change will be Ba'al living to fight another day

Comment

That's why I used it as an example of a timeline change. For example, say Ba'al escapes and kills O'Neill with a staff weapon, then goes back in time as SG-1 is headed back to Earth. They exit the Antarctic Stargate into an alternate timeline. Say they go back in time to stop Ba'al from changing history. While there, they could give a message to young-Jack about his death in the future. They could simply say that he will die on X date and to be on the look out. Then when time is set right, and Ba'al tries to kill Jack, Jack leaps out of the way and kills Ba'al.

This is all total speculation, but it's an example of shocking the audience, and then SG-1 not only saving the timeline, but saving a major character as well.

Comment

The major change has been stated by the producers to be the reason for Carter's departure from command of Atlantis, as Continuum isn't set before Season 4 like AoT.

Whether this means they'll be killing her off, changing her rank, or simply re-assigning her to a different post remains to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
                      The major change has been stated by the producers to be the reason for Carter's departure from command of Atlantis, as Continuum isn't set before Season 4 like AoT.

Whether this means they'll be killing her off, changing her rank, or simply re-assigning her to a different post remains to be seen.
                      Really?? Where is this said and by who? Can you please supply the link or reference. Thank you.

Comment

Daniel Jackson loses his leg, then it magically appears with the reset.

Comment

Originally posted by BPC View Post
                          Really?? Where is this said and by who? Can you please supply the link or reference. Thank you.
                          Amanda Tapping in her GateWorld interview.

Comment

err I don't think so. her departure wasn't mentioned in any interviews with BW, RCC, JM, PM etc. you can prove me wrong and provide a link also BW said there'd be a small change in the timeline

TBTB won't kill Sam. she'll be in future movies and both AT and JM have said they'd like her to visit Atlantis in upcoming eps. and why would they change her rank?

Amanda Tapping in her GateWorld interview.
                            actually all she said was
                            The timeline for the movies may be slightly different than what we thought. There's a little hint for you. What do I think happened to the team?
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

i'm sure i remember there being something about there being a reason suggested as to why she left atlantis or to atlantis.. i can't remember.
                              sigpic
                              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X