This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New SG-1 novel _Trial by Fire_

On www.stargatenovels.com they have a SG-1 novel coming out in June in the UK, Trial by Fire by Sabine C. Bauer.
    Is Sabine C. Bauer "Doc", the fanfic author of "For God and Country" and "The Weather Outside"?
    Slainte
    "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Originally posted by Slainte
    On www.stargatenovels.com they have a SG-1 novel coming out in June in the UK, Trial by Fire by Sabine C. Bauer.
    Is Sabine C. Bauer "Doc", the fanfic author of "For God and Country" and "The Weather Outside"?
    yeppers, that's her.

so those of you that have read adn like her work should also like this novel
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

That's good news!
      Now to figure out ordering online from the UK in June.
      Thanks.
      Slainte
      "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

my suggestion of a place to start is to take the isdn number from the novels site and plug it into a search engine. I know amazon.co.uk will probably have it, as will some other online sites....and failing that i believe the novel site will also sell it

sigpic

Comment

Could someone point me towards where to find her Fan Fiction?
          Thanks,
          Lee

Comment

Originally posted by lgm89
            Could someone point me towards where to find her Fan Fiction?
            Thanks,
            Lee
            www.frondfic.com then go to Doc's Surgery

alll her stuff is long, but worth it.
            Personaly, i've read them all but For God and Country, it was really long and had a ton of whumpage and just didn't do much for me, but i did enjoy the others and lots of other folks liked FG&C so it's just a matter of taste

sigpic

Comment

Sabine Bauer writing as "Doc" stories:
              "For God and Country" is long, very long, and does have a painful amount of Jack whumping, but it's a darn good story with Carter, Daniel and Teal'c, Hammond and Fraiser all contributing to make it right again.
              "The Weather Outside" is one of those stories that I can read and read again. One place towards the beginning of the story, Jack is described as an "impossible overgrown elf in a colonel's uniform" after doing a hairbrained stunt. I've always loved that description. Too, I keep hoping to run across the type of pizza mentioned in the story.
              "Sting in the Tail" is a good Fraiser story.
              JMO, of course.

Apparently, Trial by Fire is the first one of a series of SG-1 novels by various authors coming out in the UK, NZ, and Australia, not here in the US.
              Last edited by Slainte; 07 May 2004, 09:54 AM. Reason: Added forgotten detail.
              Slainte

Comment

Apparently, Trial by Fire is the first one of a series of SG-1 novels by various authors coming out in the UK, NZ, and Australia, not here in the US.[/QUOTE]

But you can still buy them via their website

erika

Comment

Working...
                X