What did Future McKay mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did Future McKay mean?

when HoloMcKay was telling Sheppard how he managed to convince Lorne to let McKay make the program for HoloMcKay hes aid something to the extent of:
    "you know what's happening in the pegasus galaxy and you know what's happening in this galaxy"
    this implies that there's some kind of problem in our galaxy in the future and mentioning stopping that problem was enough to convince Lorne, what do you think he meant?
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
    when HoloMcKay was telling Sheppard how he managed to convince Lorne to let McKay make the program for HoloMcKay hes aid something to the extent of:
    "you know what's happening in the pegasus galaxy and you know what's happening in this galaxy"
    this implies that there's some kind of problem in our galaxy in the future and mentioning stopping that problem was enough to convince Lorne, what do you think he meant?
    We'll never know.

Comment

hm interesting question, I have no idea. Rodney said
      McKAY: Just cut to the chase. You saw what happened in Pegasus; you know what’s happening here. Do you really think this is the way it’s supposed to be?
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I think I know - the virus that had spread in Pegasus, the Hothen one, killed most of the human races of Pegasus then as you know with Keller - she got the virus due to exposure. She may have possibly brought the virus back to the Milky Way and it too spread.

Just a theory
        sigpic
        Spoiler:
        President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
        President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
        Forum Charmer
        Forum Ambassador
        Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
          I think I know - the virus that had spread in Pegasus, the Hothen one, killed most of the human races of Pegasus then as you know with Keller - she got the virsus due to exposure. She may have possibly brought the virus back to the Milky Way and it too spread.

Just a theory
          Possibly... or an plot hook for a future movie or spin off but failing either of those I would go with your idea
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

We might find out next season. The information could be on that crystal that Sheppard took back with him.
            sigpic

Comment

To me it was quite obvious.

Michael's creations have inflitrated the MW, two ways:

(1) Virus infected Atlantis personale came over, viruses do mutate....air born spreading amongst the general population possibly.

(2) Michael has gotten to the MW, or at least some of his forces. Covert ops.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post

To me it was quite obvious.

Michael's creations have inflitrated the MW, two ways:

(1) Virus infected Atlantis personale came over, viruses do mutate....air born spreading amongst the general population possibly.

(2) Michael has gotten to the MW, or at least some of his forces. Covert ops.
                Viruses aren't necessarily contagious and this one has shown no signs that it is yet. It is spread through direct administration, eg. food, injection.

True, it could mutate as you have said. But I think it's more likely that Michael has found our galaxy somehow and is now administering the virus in the Milky Way.
                Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                  I think I know - the virus that had spread in Pegasus, the Hothen one, killed most of the human races of Pegasus then as you know with Keller - she got the virus due to exposure. She may have possibly brought the virus back to the Milky Way and it too spread.

Just a theory
                  That's what I was thinking would happen whilst watching the ep. That the entire Human Race on Earth (and possibly the rest of the Milky Way) would be infected with an (as of then) incurable pandemic, that had drastically reduced the population of Earth, and was probably set to wipe out the entirety of the Human Race eventually.

I think General Lorne was either faced with the extinction of the Terrans (and other human civilisations) or the option to hopefully change the timeline; saving not only Earth, not only the Milky Way, but the Pegasus Humans too. I'm not sure General Lorne would have allowed the timeline to be altered in any other situation, bar the destruction of humanity- 30~ odd years is a lot of the timeline to be lost.

It would also explain as to how Atlantis as abandoned, the base was quarantined (from all of the outside- to prevent infectees from arriving and spreading the plague through travel, and to prevent the already hot-zoned Atlantis personell from infecting other worlds, as they've already come in contact with the Hoffan Virus (such as Keller, there must be other Medical Staff & such too). After the entire base personell died off, either the Plague was still around and people were forbidden from travelling to Atlantis, or there weren't enough people on Earth to make a journey to Atlantis that would prove worthwhile, thus Altantis was abanndoned.

This would also tie in with the book; The Last Man by Mary Shelley (author of Frankenstein's Monster), dealing with a post-apocalyptic world ravaged by a plague. Nice choice of title there.

Comment

That is a very good idea. LInking it to the film I am legend...

Comment

or we are in a state of global unrest everyone fighting for some alien tech, or the IOA has gone far to powerful and is screwing stuff up.
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I thought the "plague" was simply the drug, not a virus, and that Keller got sick because she had so much exposure to the drug, kind of like how people can get sick with too much exposure to chemicals.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                          I thought the "plague" was simply the drug, not a virus, and that Keller got sick because she had so much exposure to the drug, kind of like how people can get sick with too much exposure to chemicals.
                          A Plague by definition, is a virus, isn't it? Although, the 10 Plagues of Egypt weren't all viruses, or beings... Wasn't it called the Hoffan Virus though, at one point? Although, I'm not entirely sure...

Comment

For me it was quite evident that, after Michael conquered the Pegasus Galaxy, he got more greedy and decided to move on to the Milky Way, to destroy Earth, where he knew the Lanteans were from in the first place.

He of course knows its location because of the information stolen from the Lanteans in 'Allies'...

Remember he took the Taran(i)an people to experiment on, the ones that were freshly saved by the team. Dr Weir said something about having led Michael straight to them, cos of the info they stole. I imagine Wraith have some sort of photographic memory or something, so he could easily remember where it was because he also had a few glances at the data, even though he wasn't too happy about having been deceived himself... Strange guy, really.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he just meant how the Stargate Program wasn't being run, IOA talking over in Atlantis and Earth turning a bit isolationist etc etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X