PDA

View Full Version : What did Future McKay mean?

tombombadil
March 15th, 2008, 07:21 PM
when HoloMcKay was telling Sheppard how he managed to convince Lorne to let McKay make the program for HoloMcKay hes aid something to the extent of:
"you know what's happening in the pegasus galaxy and you know what's happening in this galaxy"
this implies that there's some kind of problem in our galaxy in the future and mentioning stopping that problem was enough to convince Lorne, what do you think he meant?

Demerzel
March 15th, 2008, 07:25 PM
when HoloMcKay was telling Sheppard how he managed to convince Lorne to let McKay make the program for HoloMcKay hes aid something to the extent of:
"you know what's happening in the pegasus galaxy and you know what's happening in this galaxy"
this implies that there's some kind of problem in our galaxy in the future and mentioning stopping that problem was enough to convince Lorne, what do you think he meant?

We'll never know.

Jumper_One
March 15th, 2008, 07:30 PM
hm interesting question, I have no idea. Rodney said

McKAY: Just cut to the chase. You saw what happened in Pegasus; you know what’s happening here. Do you really think this is the way it’s supposed to be?

ACharmedAsgard
March 16th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I think I know - the virus that had spread in Pegasus, the Hothen one, killed most of the human races of Pegasus then as you know with Keller - she got the virus due to exposure. She may have possibly brought the virus back to the Milky Way and it too spread.

Just a theory

The_Carpenter
March 16th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I think I know - the virus that had spread in Pegasus, the Hothen one, killed most of the human races of Pegasus then as you know with Keller - she got the virsus due to exposure. She may have possibly brought the virus back to the Milky Way and it too spread.

Just a theory
Possibly... or an plot hook for a future movie or spin off ;) but failing either of those I would go with your idea :)

ciannwn
March 16th, 2008, 03:38 PM
We might find out next season. The information could be on that crystal that Sheppard took back with him.

JSPuddlejumper
March 18th, 2008, 04:03 PM

To me it was quite obvious.

Michael's creations have inflitrated the MW, two ways:

(1) Virus infected Atlantis personale came over, viruses do mutate....air born spreading amongst the general population possibly.

(2) Michael has gotten to the MW, or at least some of his forces. Covert ops.

Thoth
March 18th, 2008, 04:18 PM

(1) Virus infected Atlantis personale came over, viruses do mutate....air born spreading amongst the general population possibly.

Viruses aren't necessarily contagious and this one has shown no signs that it is yet. It is spread through direct administration, eg. food, injection.

True, it could mutate as you have said. But I think it's more likely that Michael has found our galaxy somehow and is now administering the virus in the Milky Way.

The Prophet
March 18th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I think I know - the virus that had spread in Pegasus, the Hothen one, killed most of the human races of Pegasus then as you know with Keller - she got the virus due to exposure. She may have possibly brought the virus back to the Milky Way and it too spread.

Just a theory

That's what I was thinking would happen whilst watching the ep. That the entire Human Race on Earth (and possibly the rest of the Milky Way) would be infected with an (as of then) incurable pandemic, that had drastically reduced the population of Earth, and was probably set to wipe out the entirety of the Human Race eventually.

I think General Lorne was either faced with the extinction of the Terrans (and other human civilisations) or the option to hopefully change the timeline; saving not only Earth, not only the Milky Way, but the Pegasus Humans too. I'm not sure General Lorne would have allowed the timeline to be altered in any other situation, bar the destruction of humanity- 30~ odd years is a lot of the timeline to be lost.

It would also explain as to how Atlantis as abandoned, the base was quarantined (from all of the outside- to prevent infectees from arriving and spreading the plague through travel, and to prevent the already hot-zoned Atlantis personell from infecting other worlds, as they've already come in contact with the Hoffan Virus (such as Keller, there must be other Medical Staff & such too). After the entire base personell died off, either the Plague was still around and people were forbidden from travelling to Atlantis, or there weren't enough people on Earth to make a journey to Atlantis that would prove worthwhile, thus Altantis was abanndoned.

This would also tie in with the book; The Last Man by Mary Shelley (author of Frankenstein's Monster), dealing with a post-apocalyptic world ravaged by a plague. Nice choice of title there.

garhkal
March 18th, 2008, 07:15 PM
That is a very good idea. LInking it to the film I am legend...

2ndgenerationalteran
March 18th, 2008, 11:36 PM
or we are in a state of global unrest everyone fighting for some alien tech, or the IOA has gone far to powerful and is screwing stuff up.

jds1982
March 19th, 2008, 05:11 AM
I thought the "plague" was simply the drug, not a virus, and that Keller got sick because she had so much exposure to the drug, kind of like how people can get sick with too much exposure to chemicals.

The Prophet
March 19th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I thought the "plague" was simply the drug, not a virus, and that Keller got sick because she had so much exposure to the drug, kind of like how people can get sick with too much exposure to chemicals.

A Plague by definition, is a virus, isn't it? Although, the 10 Plagues of Egypt weren't all viruses, or beings... Wasn't it called the Hoffan Virus though, at one point? Although, I'm not entirely sure...

GoSpikey
March 19th, 2008, 04:23 PM
For me it was quite evident that, after Michael conquered the Pegasus Galaxy, he got more greedy and decided to move on to the Milky Way, to destroy Earth, where he knew the Lanteans were from in the first place.

He of course knows its location because of the information stolen from the Lanteans in 'Allies'...

Remember he took the Taran(i)an people to experiment on, the ones that were freshly saved by the team. Dr Weir said something about having led Michael straight to them, cos of the info they stole. I imagine Wraith have some sort of photographic memory or something, so he could easily remember where it was because he also had a few glances at the data, even though he wasn't too happy about having been deceived himself... Strange guy, really.

jenks
March 19th, 2008, 10:57 PM
I'm pretty sure he just meant how the Stargate Program wasn't being run, IOA talking over in Atlantis and Earth turning a bit isolationist etc etc...

jds1982
March 20th, 2008, 11:37 AM
A Plague by definition, is a virus, isn't it? Although, the 10 Plagues of Egypt weren't all viruses, or beings... Wasn't it called the Hoffan Virus though, at one point? Although, I'm not entirely sure...

No, it's just something destructive that destroys quickly, i.e. a plague of locusts. I thought what they assumed was a disease was in fact the drug, and I don't remember them ever referring to it as a virus, although I wouldn't put it past tptb to completely change something between it's first appearance and second, like the anti-prior device using soundwaves when developed and then using some weird energy in "Dominion".

The Prophet
March 21st, 2008, 06:51 AM
No, it's just something destructive that destroys quickly, i.e. a plague of locusts. I thought what they assumed was a disease was in fact the drug, and I don't remember them ever referring to it as a virus, although I wouldn't put it past tptb to completely change something between it's first appearance and second, like the anti-prior device using soundwaves when developed and then using some weird energy in "Dominion".

Ahhh, ok. That makes some sort of sense to me :P And yeah, it would make sense if it was a Drug... but I personally would prefer if it was a Virus, but never mind :P

Dr. Dredd
March 21st, 2008, 04:43 PM

Rodney definitely says that Jennifer had repeated exposure to the "Hoffan drug." And from Poisoning the Well, way back, the scientist who originally worked with the drug got it from a man with a "unique protein." From that, I'm guessing that the protein would be present in the blood of the people who are ill, and could be transmitted through blood to blood contact, like HIV or Hepatitis C. Maybe Jennifer didn't always adhere to universal precautions, or a rubber glove broke, or she got splashed in the eyes, etc., etc.

(I got splashed in the eye once while doing a spinal tap on a patient with HIV. Not cool.)

g.o.d
March 30th, 2008, 04:16 AM
I agree with Jenks.Gen. Lorne didn't seem so desperate, so I think Earth/MW wasn't dealing with Michael's virus. Earth has just became more isolationist in Tollan or Nox way.

JSPuddlejumper
April 19th, 2008, 03:32 PM
"agree with Jenks.Gen. Lorne didn't seem so desperate, so I think Earth/MW wasn't dealing with Michael's virus. Earth has just became more isolationist in Tollan or Nox way"

No. Why would they be.

Upraded 304s, with likely great Mark 12 naq generators = almost like ZPM Odyssey=most powerful ship in the 10 seasons of SG. Upgraded 304's=by far the most powerful ships in the MW, maybe the most powerful warships in the universe.

In 25 years, Earth will probably have around 20-30 304's...More very advanced Asgard stuff...

Earth has no reason to be desperate, but only concerned if Mikey infilitrated the MW. His fleet is trash compared to the 304's. What the dumb IOA should have done was gone after Mikey with everything they had=dead Mikey.

Cameron Mitchel
April 19th, 2008, 03:51 PM

No. Michael never had his sights on MW. It hinted to something else, unrelated almost. I think that there was some corruption. And something bad going on as a result of pulling out of Pegasus altogether. I personally would like to think it was some kind of MW war or something. That's just me.

Cameron Mitchel
April 19th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I'm pretty sure he just meant how the Stargate Program wasn't being run, IOA talking over in Atlantis and Earth turning a bit isolationist etc etc...
Stargate program was being run. Lorne was commanding it. Duh...

YutheGreat
April 19th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I was wondering about that myself. I have a few theories:

Isolationist is possible like most of you said.

We are at war with the free Jaffa

Michael is comming for earth. I know he did not express interest before but after dominating Pegasus and 25 years well one can wonder. After all Earth is not a threat now but Earth may become a threat. He hates humans and Wraith equally.

Maybe Mckay was appealing to Lorne sense of honor. I think he is the type of man to regret doing nothing while Michael was killing all the humans in Pegasus.

JSPuddlejumper
April 20th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Free Jaffa are unlikely to attack, and will be of little threat. Earth will have the latest Asgard sensors installed, so even cloaked ships will leave some 'trail', and 1 beam shot = destroyed Ha'tak. Anatartic chair...

We saved them from the Ga'ould and the Ori! Not to mention the Replicators.

Isolationist. Only if SG program went public, which I doubt. Too soon for that IMO.

If it was the Replicators 'coming back', I would think Lorne would be VERY CONCERNED.

Or if it was Weir's Asurans, Lorne should be very concerned as well.

"Michael is comming for earth. I know he did not express interest before but after dominating Pegasus and 25 years well one can wonder. After all Earth is not a threat now but Earth may become a threat. He hates humans and Wraith equally."

Michael knows the capabilities of Earth and will see them as an eventual threat. Michael has a god like complex by now, every god needs his army. Pegasus is so small.

Scenario: Michael used a version of McKay's intergalatic bridge to infiltrate the MW. Or he adjusted the hyperdrive engines of the Hives to go intergalatic. Since Michael was on one of the two Hives about to reach Earth...he must know something.

And since the entire episode was about the threat of Michael, it is more likely this new threat is about him.

YutheGreat
April 21st, 2008, 08:22 PM
Free Jaffa are unlikely to attack, and will be of little threat. Earth will have the latest Asgard sensors installed, so even cloaked ships will leave some 'trail', and 1 beam shot = destroyed Ha'tak. Anatartic chair...

Who says the Jaffa are the Agressors? WHat if Baal became President and declared war upon the galaxy :)

Integrabyte
May 1st, 2008, 05:29 AM

Our world was conquered by MAGNETS!!!! :P:P:P:P

ablevins425
May 3rd, 2008, 12:24 AM
We'll never know.

Lol!!

I would only think that Michael found a way into the Milky Way.

Alan Wake
August 23rd, 2008, 12:19 AM
By this time... the Ori threat was still around right? Since Sam has been killed in this episode, maybe the whole Ark of Truth thing never happened... thus the Ori are still around.

Since she wasn't around with Daniel and the SG-1 team, it's very likely things turned out very different... worse.

knowsfords
August 23rd, 2008, 12:52 AM
Actually the timeline goes like this

ARK of truth
S4 SGA
Continuum.

stargatefan234
August 23rd, 2008, 07:37 AM

i agree, it must be something to do with Micheal else why would changing the timeline affect, "what's happening in this galaxy". that was a good moment, maybe with SGA cancelled we will get Stargate movies taking cast and stories from both series meaning stories may overlap

Morrolan
August 23rd, 2008, 12:34 PM
I believe McKay was speaking about something unrelated. I agree withh those that talked about corruption or IOA mismanagement. Humans have an arrogance about them, and getting their butts kicked by Michael in Pegasus would have done great damage to the tau'ri psyche. Losing Sam would be a major blow, as well. He was speaking to the state of affairs on earth, not an immenent threat to the planet.

Alan Wake
August 23rd, 2008, 05:52 PM
Actually the timeline goes like this

ARK of truth
S4 SGA
Continuum.

Ok, maybe you're right.

I was thinking when she left Atlantis that's when Ark of truth happened.

Father Jack
September 14th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I think either of the following happened:

a) Michael conquers the PG and then sets his sights on the MW. His initial attack follows the same strategy that it did in the PG - distribute the Hoffan drug and take the survivors as hybrids to build an army. When he moved his ships in, Earth and the Jaffa destroyed his fleet and stopped his army. However, a great deal of damage was done which Earth was blamed for. Earth became isolated and distant from their allies by the time McKay went to Gen. Lorne.

b) Michael never made it to the MW but the IOA had adopted a very isolationist policy as a result of what happened in PG. Maybe something happened in the MW that Earth could have prevented/helped with but didn't. Maybe McKay was trying to appeal to Lorne's guilt over his lack of power to do the right thing as the IOA were in charge.