This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Sytem Lord movie? Prequal

I was thinking Stargate SG1 was always about the Goauld etc..

and the story of the systems Lord i really like.

I really liked Sokar and all that and ive always wondered wat happened when Sokar and Yu were in battle or the famous story of all the Sytem Lords vs Anubis etc... etc..

Now would it be cool if Stargate does a prequal direct to DVD movie about the System Lords? but before the First Movie of Stargate SG1?

They could show how RA rose to power the battles he had with Aphophis with Sokar with Yu with Ba al ................................

I think the best we'd see is a movie or mini-series about Earth's rebellion against Ra and the burrying of the Stargate. It's unlikely, but it could work.

Comment

yeh but the thing is we had a 2 part episode of the rebellion on earth against Ra.

I would like to have a prequal and show stories of System Lord battles and the famous one that all the System Lord battle anubis and other conflicts.

It could be a spin -off / prequal

Comment

"Moebius" wasn't about the rebellion, it was about time travel. Part of the episodes were set during the time before the rebellion, but the actual rebellion itself was never shown. This leaves room to explore it in a movie.

I don't think anyone cares enough about the System Lords to see a prequel movie. People want to see movies based on SG-1 or SG:A.

Comment

The writers don't like prequels, so I doubt we'll be getting one of those, thankfully imo. I think it was Rob Cooper who said something like "I don't see how prequels can work, and I don't understand people who do".

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            The writers don't like prequels, so I doubt we'll be getting one of those, thankfully imo. I think it was Rob Cooper who said something like "I don't see how prequels can work, and I don't understand people who do".
            Prequels are iffy at best because continuity can get all screwy. If we had a story involving the System Lords of the past it would have to be a time travel or AU story to keep the interest of fans and involve SG-1.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Dont know actually how interesting the rebellion agains Ra would be tho, for starters we know he leaves and the gate gets buried and that SG1 provided help, which means that the basic ending of the film would already be known. Or is it just me....

Comment

Originally posted by dragos View Post
                Dont know actually how interesting the rebellion agains Ra would be tho, for starters we know he leaves and the gate gets buried and that SG1 provided help, which means that the basic ending of the film would already be known. Or is it just me....
                No you're right on that one. A story maybe involving Anubis's "crimes" could work. Jacob said his crimes were unspeakable even to the Goa'uld. That could be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  No you're right on that one. A story maybe involving Anubis's "crimes" could work. Jacob said his crimes were unspeakable even to the Goa'uld. That could be interesting.
                  Oh Yes now that would be of great interest, there would sure be some very cool things they could do with that me thinks!! Especially if they are bad in comparason to the Goa'uld.

Could maybe finish it off by showing the ways Anubis actually tricks his way into ascension...
                  Last edited by dragos; 15 March 2008, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    Yes, that could be interesting, if done properly, as well as Asgard history would be.

Comment

Originally posted by dragos View Post
                      Oh Yes now that would be of great interest, there would sure be some very cool things they could do with that me thinks!! Especially if they are bad in comparason to the Goa'uld.

Could maybe finish it off by showing the ways Anubis actually tricks his way into ascension...
                      Especially to see more of
                      Spoiler:

Comment

They should really stick to the formula of the series and what made it great before going off on weird tangents. I dont wanna see a 'jasonX' of the stargate franchise. Maybe once sg1 is too old or the actors arent interested in reprising their roles in 10 more yrs or something....

Comment

Indeed. Go off world, get in trouble, get out of trouble, go home. Works for me.

Comment

And they have to be big, no st:inssurection stories that dont matter.

Comment

a system lord movie would be ridiculous without something to anchor it in reality like stargate has.
                              sigpic
                              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X