This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caprica???

I wonder if this show will see the light. I personaly would like this show on the air. It would have great to see the 12 colonies and the birth of the Cylons.

Heres the plot outline:

Two families, the Graystones and the Adamas, live together on a peaceful planet known as Caprica, where a startling breakthrough in artificial intelligence brings about unforeseen consequences. A spin-off of the Sci Fi Channel series "Battlestar Galactica" set 50 years prior to the events of that show.

This show Was originally pitched to NBC/Universal by Remi Aubuchon as an independent series with no connection to the Battlestar Galactica franchise. NBC/Universal read the pilot (an allegorical story about slavery with robots) and suggested Aubuchon meet with Ronald D. Moore and David Eick (who were considering a Battlestar Galactica spin-off series at the time). Aubuchon, Moore and Eick met and within a couple of months the "Caprica" series was born.

This could be a great show

There's been no news about the Caprica project for several years now, and it's generally assumed to have died.

Which I really have no problem with. BSG is brilliant as-is, I don't need some halfarsed expository nonsense to explain things that didn't need explaining.

Also: This thread would have made more sense posted on the BSG board.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I doubt itll happen now, but id like it to and I hope it does happen, perhaps the best time would be after BSG's final season..if the final season gets good enough ratings it may encourage them to do Caprica.
      Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
      Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Working...
      X