PDA

View Full Version : Caprica???

HolyGhost
March 15th, 2008, 05:59 AM
I wonder if this show will see the light. I personaly would like this show on the air. It would have great to see the 12 colonies and the birth of the Cylons.

Heres the plot outline:

Two families, the Graystones and the Adamas, live together on a peaceful planet known as Caprica, where a startling breakthrough in artificial intelligence brings about unforeseen consequences. A spin-off of the Sci Fi Channel series "Battlestar Galactica" set 50 years prior to the events of that show.

This show Was originally pitched to NBC/Universal by Remi Aubuchon as an independent series with no connection to the Battlestar Galactica franchise. NBC/Universal read the pilot (an allegorical story about slavery with robots) and suggested Aubuchon meet with Ronald D. Moore and David Eick (who were considering a Battlestar Galactica spin-off series at the time). Aubuchon, Moore and Eick met and within a couple of months the "Caprica" series was born.

This could be a great show :)

DigiFluid
March 15th, 2008, 06:42 AM
There's been no news about the Caprica project for several years now, and it's generally assumed to have died.

Which I really have no problem with. BSG is brilliant as-is, I don't need some halfarsed expository nonsense to explain things that didn't need explaining.

Also: This thread would have made more sense posted on the BSG board.

Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab
March 16th, 2008, 06:18 AM
I doubt itll happen now, but id like it to and I hope it does happen, perhaps the best time would be after BSG's final season..if the final season gets good enough ratings it may encourage them to do Caprica.