Why why why?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why why why?!?!

I was a little bored this afternoon so I decided to watch the extra features from AOT. Don't worry no spoilers. Just general stuff.

The scene in the cargohold with Cam brought back memories of Star Trek, and raised a simple question.

Why don't they ever secure anything in cargoholds?

With the billions of dollars in budgets that these programs must have, can't they afford a few bungie cords or cargo straps? I work for a small company and we have them just laying around all over the place. And no, we don't make them.

Obviously the answer is that it looks cooler when someone goes flying across a room and makes the barrels (always wondered what was in those) go every which way.

Apparently common sense and realism are at the bottom of the list for a tv show about traveling through wormholes and fighting uber bad dudes. (That was sarcasm by the way).

That little quibble aside I really enjoyed the movie. Just not enough Sam, she looked fantastic at the end in the scene with Cam.

Originally posted by mlarke View Post
    Obviously the answer is that it looks cooler when someone goes flying across a room and makes the barrels (always wondered what was in those) go every which way.
    There's your answer. Sometimes in TV and movies, they go for the dramatic over the realistic. This usually doesn't bother me so long as the bulk of the story is realistic in the context of the story's creative world.

Comment

I think when I go into to work on Tuesday I will set up some barrels and throw myself into them. Just to see if it looks as cool as it does on TV.

I mean, it will all be in context of the story of course

Comment

If you're serious, becareful. In the movie, it was a stuntman thrown into the barrels.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
          If you're serious, becareful. In the movie, it was a stuntman thrown into the barrels.
          Careful's my middle name. Besides, I was just kidding. I'm the boss, gotta set a good example and all. Also, mama didn't raise no fool.

Comment

I think when I go into to work on Tuesday I will set up some barrels and throw myself into them. Just to see if it looks as cool as it does on TV.

I mean, it will all be in context of the story of course

Have ya heard of "don't try this at home?" ...just kidding...but be careful, hommie.
            1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

Careful's my middle name. Besides, I was just kidding. I'm the boss, gotta set a good example and all. Also, mama didn't raise no fool.
              still set the barrels up, then order a lackey to throw himself into them gotta be perks for being boss
              sigpic
              EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
              -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                still set the barrels up, then order a lackey to throw himself into them gotta be perks for being boss
                the one person that i probably could have gotten to do it, i had to let go last fall. he didn't like to show up to work. oh well. maybe in another life.

i know, when I ascend i can just go around pushing people into barrels, we'll call it the wind.

Comment

i know, when I ascend i can just go around pushing people into barrels, we'll call it the wind.
                  Lightning flashes, sparks shower and one blink of your eyes you have misseen...the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                    Lightning flashes, sparks shower and one blink of your eyes you have misseen...the barrel.

nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                      Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the behind the scenes showed the only part in that sequence that was a stunt man was when Cam was thrown into the wall.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the behind the scenes showed the only part in that sequence that was a stunt man was when Cam was thrown into the wall.

USE RUBBER BARRELS DUDE!
                        sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Beacuse all movemnt is relitave in space and Oddisy has enertail dampners
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-51D Mustang View Post
                            Beacuse all movemnt is relitave in space and Oddisy has enertail dampners
                            Yeah, but what happens when they get attacked? I mean people go flying all over the place, why not barrels?

I think I just figured it out...magnets!

That has to be it, no other possible explanation.

It was magnets all along.

I am freakin' genius, and I didn't even have to ascend to figure it out.

Comment

Yeah, but what happens when they get attacked? I mean people go flying all over the place, why not barrels?
                              LOL I never thought about that.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X