• Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1: Ark of Truth - Mania: Exclusive Interview: Michael Shanks

From Mania:

http://www.mania.com/mania-exclusive...cle_57698.html

Profiles & Interviews

Mania Exclusive Interview: Michael Shanks of Stargate SG-1

Mania's interview with the Arc of Truth star.

As Dr. Daniel Jackson on the long-running hit science fiction series Stargate SG-1, Michael Shanks built a legacy of battling alien threats. SG-1 ended its run at 10 seasons, leaving fans and creators alike pining for more Stargate. A new DVD, The Ark of Truth, provides closure on the final storyline, while a second DVD out this fall revisits the Stargate saga. Shanks discussed the possibility of additional Stargate projects and his long association with the show during an interview with Mania.com.

A brief excerpt:

**snippage**

Mania: So you have Ark of Truth and then Continuum in the fall. Do you think there will be more SG-1 movies after that?

MS: I know that another script has been written by Brad Wright. The last time I saw him was at the screening of this one, Ark of Truth. We had discussed some locations, but in terms of details about when, where, how, and contracts and whatnot, that hasn’t been gone about. But the belief and desire is definitely there by many people. I believe that we’ll go on and do more. I don’t think that this was, you know, an empty promise from MGM when they said they wanted to do these movies. I don’t think it will be like Farscape, where they gave the fans closure with the miniseries and then closed the book on it. There’s a lot of stories left to tell in the Stargate universe. If we can get all the pieces together at the right time, I think it’s a pretty good idea to do one of these a year or something like that. I believe there’ll be at least one more, if not more than that in the future.

**snippage**
    Last edited by morjana; 14 March 2008, 06:46 PM. Reason: To force the thread subscription option to take.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter
Working...
X