DVD sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD sales

Has anyone any figures on the sales so far?

I have noticed the past few days it has been the top DVD seller in amazon and buy.com

Just wondering...

Its way to soon to say. I think the people go to the store and physically buy the movie overshadow those who buy it online. #1 at Amazon is a good sign. I forget if companies report their profits on a weekly or monthly basis.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

from JM's blog
      To all those of you asking - the preliminary sales performance of The Ark of Truth has taken everyone here at the production offices by surprise. We were hoping for a strong showing, but the response to this point has been nothing short of amazing. Still the #1-selling DVD at Amazon.com the last time I checked, and early reports have it doing extremely well at other outlets. Congratulations to Robert Cooper, the cast, and crew.
      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...e-month-front/
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I wonder if the sales will plunge once they actually watch it.

Comment

Many already have.

I think that's why the sales are so high.

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
            How could it if they already bought it? Doubt most people will try to return a movie saying, "I didn't like it, so even though it's used, I want all my money back!"

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
            O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Great logic.

Comment

Right now on Amazon, it's still #2, only behind the "I Am Legend" Blu-ray!

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                  Right now on Amazon, it's still #2, only behind the "I Am Legend" Blu-ray!
                  Which has been heavily advertised on network TV here in the US.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                  O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Um did you really think before you typed that? Because that logic makes zero sense.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      Um did you really think before you typed that? Because that logic makes zero sense.
                      No, it doesn't but fans should buy it, support the ******* so we can have a third fourth and filth.... er fifth film. Speaking of filth, the first film in the series was about two levels above crap and three above filth. Lets hope contiuum/continuem/gazootite is better. But even if merda fuit; still shell out them clams people.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        Many already have.

I think that's why the sales are so high.
                        I couldn't agree more. And I love to see AOT doing so well. I really hope that it's sales secure a third movie for us.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Coremae View Post
                          No, it doesn't but fans should buy it, support the ******* so we can have a third fourth and filth.... er fifth film. Speaking of filth, the first film in the series was about two levels above crap and three above filth. Lets hope contiuum/continuem/gazootite is better. But even if merda fuit; still shell out them clams people.
                          I once read that with TV dvd's, subsequent seasons usually sell way less than the first-sometimes half as well and continue to trend downward. A show like Seinfeld sold a bucket load of DVD's with its seaon1 release but sales never got that high again even though the quality of the show improved with each season release.(And please don't kid yourself and say that Stargate is different cause it's a 'film'. People in general will see it as just the TV show with a couple of new episodes)
                          I would expect Continuum will probably have half the sales of AOT based on the usual trend of sales for TV shows.
                          AOT, while received well by diehards, has had mixed reviews in general and the casual viewer will probably not bother with continuum, unfortunately.
                          It'll come down to cost benefit in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
                            I once read that with TV dvd's, subsequent seasons usually sell way less than the first-sometimes half as well and continue to trend downward.
                            Most shows don't last 10 seasons and have a fan base the size of SG-1's.

A show like Seinfeld sold a bucket load of DVD's with its seaon1 release but sales never got that high again even though the quality of the show improved with each season release.
                            So?

(And please don't kid yourself and say that Stargate is different cause it's a 'film'. People in general will see it as just the TV show with a couple of new episodes)
                            I think you're the one who's kidding yourself.

I would expect Continuum will probably have half the sales of AOT based on the usual trend of sales for TV shows.
                            Complete and utter nonsense. First of all it's not a TV show, and second, where are you getting this alleged 'trend' from? If you honestly think that Continuum will only sell half as well as The Ark Of Truth then prepare to be shocked.

AOT, while received well by diehards, has had mixed reviews in general and the casual viewer will probably not bother with continuum, unfortunately.
                            It'll come down to cost benefit in the end.
                            Actually, it's the diehard's fan reviews that have been mixed, virtually every article I've read has been positive.
                            Last edited by jenks; 16 March 2008, 10:39 AM.

Comment

I can't speak for everybody but I do know of people who from the start have been looking forward more to Continuum than Ark Of Truth because they prefer Goa'uld over Ori as bad guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X