Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with the name?

It would have been better to call it Stargate SG-1: The Ark of Truth
    instead of Stargate: The ark of Truth because now to people who aren't familiar
    with SG-1 as far as title this movie would appear canon to Devlin and Emmerich's Stargate and maybe Emmerich and Devlin may decide to create another Stargate, so uninformed viewers will be confused as to the canon
    --
    sigpic

Emmerich and Devlin can't make another Stargate movie unless MGM back them, and they won't.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      Emmerich and Devlin can't make another Stargate movie unless MGM back them, and they won't.
      You're probably right SG-1 + Atlantis have been successful and require continued support from MGM, it'd probably cost to much if they backed Devlin/Emmerich also
      --
      sigpic

Comment

Also Emmerich's view of the Stargate universe is not what the show has shown. So they movie wouldn't make much sense.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
          Also Emmerich's view of the Stargate universe is not what the show has shown. So they movie wouldn't make much sense.
          I read in another thread here that E&D approached MGM for a 3 movie deal, continuing off the original feature. It would not be canon to SG:1 and Atlantis, and continue Emmerich's vision of the story.

I'd personally love for this to happen, just to see how much poetic license was taken lol

Comment

Originally posted by agentCarterfanboy View Post
            It would have been better to call it Stargate SG-1: The Ark of Truth instead of Stargate: The ark of Truth because now to people who aren't familiar with SG-1 as far as title this movie would appear canon to Devlin and Emmerich's Stargate and maybe Emmerich and Devlin may decide to create another Stargate, so uninformed viewers will be confused as to the canon
            I don't see how people would get confused. If you watched SG-1, you'd recognise the SG-1 cast (at least Teal'c, Carter, and Daniel) on the DVD case. If you didn't watch SG-1, you'd see names and faces on the DVD cover that don't relate to the original movie and could thus deduce that this is not a sequel to the original movie, but instead a separate story.

The title is Stargate: The Ark of Truth, because Stargate SG-1 is the name of the TV show while Stargate is the name of the franchise. The same thing happened with Star Trek: The Next Generation when it was made into a movie. The show's subtitle The Next Generation was dropped. The movie's title was simply Star Trek: (insert subtitle).

Comment

Originally posted by BigR View Post
              I read in another thread here that E&D approached MGM for a 3 movie deal, continuing off the original feature. It would not be canon to SG:1 and Atlantis, and continue Emmerich's vision of the story.

I'd personally love for this to happen, just to see how much poetic license was taken lol
              It was just Dean Devlin running his mouth again, he harps on about continuing the trilogy despite the fact that MGM have shown no interest, and deny any talks. At the minute they've got a cash cow with these direct to DVD movies, I don't think they're going to fund a high risk big budget picture that might bomb and alienate the fanbase at the same time, and especially when the guy who makes these sorts of decisions is a big SG-1 fan.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                It was just Dean Devlin running his mouth again, he harps on about continuing the trilogy despite the fact that MGM have shown no interest, and deny any talks. At the minute they've got a cash cow with these direct to DVD movies, I don't think they're going to fund a high risk big budget picture that might bomb and alienate the fanbase at the same time, and especially when the guy who makes these sorts of decisions is a big SG-1 fan.
                Agreed. Personally I don't want them to continue the original movie plot.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                X