Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do earth missiles have a shield frequency modulator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do earth missiles have a shield frequency modulator?

Carter said in the ep with the X301, that a sidewinder (I think) armed with a naquadah ehanced warhead and a shield frequency modulator ship could damage a Ha'Tak, so do our missiles have these?

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
    Carter said in the ep with the X301, that a sidewinder (I think) armed with a naquadah ehanced warhead and a shield frequency modulator ship could damage a Ha'Tak, so do our missiles have these?
    Doesn't look like it.

Comment

I think they are suppose to work the same way that Death Gliders are able to bypass the Hataks shields ...

Comment

Yeah but are F-302 wasnt able to fly striaght through the shields of anubis's supership that blows up planets it needed its hyperdrive
        if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Yeah, because those were Ancient level shields.

Comment

they likely perfected it but it would only work on goauld shields but they dont really need it since earth have got much better in offensive power
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
              they likely perfected it but it would only work on goauld shields but they dont really need it since earth have got much better in offensive power
              Missiles that bipass sheilds would always be useful, especially as we are getting better at making warheads all the time.
              Best quotes ever:
              O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
              Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
              Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
              Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
              Thor:I like the yellow ones
              O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

In BAMSR, we saw two missiles fired by a F-302 go trough the shield of one of the Asurans Aurora-class Warships and detonate.
                (From the look of it, I would say that it was a nuclear detonation)

Don't you think that these missiles could be the ones Carter was talking about several years ago ?

Comment

Originally posted by Artheval_Pe View Post
                  In BAMSR, we saw two missiles fired by a F-302 go trough the shield of one of the Asurans Aurora-class Warships and detonate.
                  (From the look of it, I would say that it was a nuclear detonation)

Don't you think that these missiles could be the ones Carter was talking about several years ago ?
                  no becuase the wraith hives took down the shields on that one you can see darts impacting the hull aswell.
                  if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

I think i should mention kamikaze darts do massive damage, just the kinetic energy of the impact should do over 180 billion joules of damage each, plus the additional damage it deals before impact. (assuming they reached max speed (in atmosphere is 10,000 kmph +) and they weigh as much as a F/A-18 Hornet)
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

no becuase the wraith hives took down the shields
                      Maybe, but it seems to me that at the time the missiles got through, the shields were still up :

Screencap of the scene

Comment

Working...
                      X