dvd packaging inconvenient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvd packaging inconvenient

It comes in the box with top and bottom open, but it was so hard to take the case out, and then there is this weird open square in the back. The openings weren't big enough, one time i had to rip the box just to get the case out
    --
    sigpic

The movie comes in a standard DVD case.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
      The series dvds, for example. the season 10 one had an opening on the sides with a good flap that you'd open and the other side/bottom had a small opening so you could either push them out or grab and pull the cases.
      --
      sigpic

Comment

You posted in the Ark of Truth forum, so I thought you were talking about the movie's DVD case.

Both SG-1 and SG:A season sets come in either standard or slim DVD cases packaged together in a box sleeve. You slide the cases out, pick a case, then open it like you would any other standard DVD case. The slim cases open the same way.

I don't understand what your problem is. If it's with the Complete Series set for SG-1, I can't comment, as I've no idea how that opens. If that's what this is about, you need to post in the SG-1 forum.

Comment

It had an opening on the top and bottom to push it out. And the hole on the back is for the UPC code. It was perfectly easy for me to get it out of the sleeve. Thats what this guy is talking about I think.

Comment

You posted in the Ark of Truth forum, so I thought you were talking about the movie's DVD case.

Both SG-1 and SG:A season sets come in either standard or slim DVD cases packaged together in a box sleeve. You slide the cases out, pick a case, then open it like you would any other standard DVD case. The slim cases open the same way.

I don't understand what your problem is. If it's with the Complete Series set for SG-1, I can't comment, as I've no idea how that opens. If that's what this is about, you need to post in the SG-1 forum.
            I was talking about AOT, i just made a comparison to the season 10 one saying season 10 was easier to open
            --
            sigpic

Comment

The disc itself, yes, but the standard DVD case comes inside that shiny cardboard slip case. Which doesn't, in fact, slip particularly well. It's as though they bound it just a couple of millimetres too tightly so you really have to work it to get it off.

At least, that's how it's packaged here in Canada.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by agentCarterfanboy View Post
                I was talking about AOT, i just made a comparison to the season 10 one saying season 10 was easier to open
                Is your DVD Region 1? The Region 1 DVD comes in a standard DVD case. You open it up like a book with the disc on the right side. You press the button in the middle, and the disc is released.

Comment

Is your DVD Region 1? The Region 1 DVD comes in a standard DVD case. You open it up like a book with the disc on the right side. You press the button in the middle, and the disc is released.
                  Yes but the dvd case is packaged in a box with the same artwork as the case inside it
                  --
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    The disc itself, yes, but the standard DVD case comes inside that shiny cardboard slip case. Which doesn't, in fact, slip particularly well. It's as though they bound it just a couple of millimetres too tightly so you really have to work it to get it off.

At least, that's how it's packaged here in Canada.
                    yep
                    --
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm a bit confused. I'm pretty sure that every single movie that comes out is packaged this way now (as far as having the slip case over the amaray case). Unless of course you're in a different region than 1 because your comarison to the Season 10 set doesn't make sense to me. Did you expect a single disc movie to be released in a package used for whole tv seasons??

Comment

If we're talking about the glossy case that slips over the standard DVD case, I don't see what the big deal is. I usually chuck that.

Comment

I don't...adds some variety to shelves upon shelves of uniform DVD case spines. Besides, the shiny AoT case goes nice next to the shiny Season 10 case.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It's surprising and hilarious how much trouble people are having understanding what the OP is talking about.

I agree. That open square on the shell-box was strange and annoying; I had a lot of trouble slipping the case back into it.
                            Theoretically spoilerish:
                            Spoiler:
                            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I don't have a problem understanding what the OP is saying at all, I'm just wondering why he's complaining. The "strange open square" that you guys are talking about is on EVERY SINGLE DVD now. I just got 7 movies for christmas and they are all like that for the bar code. Yes, it might make it hard to get the case back in, but it sholdn't seem "strange" unless you haven't bought a movies in the past couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                              X