Boy, the IOA really blew it this time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy, the IOA really blew it this time!

You've got to love to hate these guys. The fate of the Earth is at stake. And you know, it's not like we haven't been here before.

Apophis arrives to destroy the earth-Sg1 stops him and saves the world

The Replicators show up to take over the world-Sg1 stops them

Anubus throws an asteroid at Earth-SG1 saves the day

A Fleet of Anubus' ships show up to destroy the world-We all know how that turned out.

So here we are again. But oh no "SG1 wants to find a piece of alien technology to save the day? That'll never work!" (See above) "We're the IOA and we know better than you!"

Didn't This annoying pathetic group cowards learn anything the last time they were almost devoured by alien bug monsters? They nearly destroyed the Oddy and got everyone killed, not to mention that they almost took the only chance earth had and whizzed it right down their preverbal leg.

Even if the Replicators had managed to rip the Ori fleet to shreds, what would they have done about the ships that were already about to attack earth? Like I said, they're a great addition to the show that I love to hate.

Fun Rant over.
    Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Originally posted by J_schinderlin56 View Post
    You've got to love to hate these guys. The fate of the Earth is at stake. And you know, it's not like we haven't been here before.

Apophis arrives to destroy the earth-Sg1 stops him and saves the world

The Replicators show up to take over the world-Sg1 stops them

Anubus throws an asteroid at Earth-SG1 saves the day

A Fleet of Anubus' ships show up to destroy the world-We all know how that turned out.

So here we are again. But oh no "SG1 wants to find a piece of alien technology to save the day? That'll never work!" (See above) "We're the IOA and we know better than you!"

Didn't This annoying pathetic group cowards learn anything the last time they were almost devoured by alien bug monsters? They nearly destroyed the Oddy and got everyone killed, not to mention that they almost took the only chance earth had and whizzed it right down their preverbal leg.

Even if the Replicators had managed to rip the Ori fleet to shreds, what would they have done about the ships that were already about to attack earth? Like I said, they're a great addition to the show that I love to hate.

Fun Rant over.
    I love this post. What's not so funny is the IOA are textbook politicians.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

but hey they actually made a decsion this time, albeit the wrong one. Still surprised that we still talk to wolsey them especially since they sanctioned that to be done.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

This is why I hate bureacrats. They think they know better than anyone.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

^no offense but i find it ironic that your avatar is wolsey

Comment

Woosley is the exception to the rule. Besides I have to support Season 5.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              This is why I hate bureacrats. They think they know better than anyone.
              Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
              ^no offense but i find it ironic that your avatar is wolsey
              LMAO... very true

I don't get how we have so many bureaucrats... I mean no-body likes them but more of them keep crawling out of somewhere
              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Merrick is one of my favorite love-to-hate characters in the entire series. Great, fun performance by the actor, and the IOA's plan was an ingenius and wonderfully entertaining plot addition.
                Theoretically spoilerish:
                Spoiler:
                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
                  Merrick is one of my favorite love-to-hate characters in the entire series. Great, fun performance by the actor, and the IOA's plan was an ingenius and wonderfully entertaining plot addition.
                  using our worst enemy to wipe out our worst worst ememy.... it was a good idea if the ark planned failed but the sad thing is all the inncent people that would have died in the aftermath.

But i do agree that yes the IOA was so damn stupid ....but from a fans perspective very cool plot twist
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I get so annoyed whenever the IOA turn up because they are always going to do something monumentally stupid, and they just never learn from their mistakes. It would be kinda good if one time there was nobody there to save them from really screwing up big time.
                    sigpic

Comment

they just slow the pace down since they have the controls and cant come up with decisions them selves, they also just make everybody assume new characteristics. Yes its realistic but so disrupting.

Comment

Likely, Adria would have just destroyed the Replicators if they were a threat. So they would have sacrificed the Odyssey for nothing.

Comment

It's called the 24 syndrome.

No matter how many times the main protagonist(s) saves the world. They will always be assumed wrong the next time. Always.

Jack: But Mr. President, I saved the country 5 times already, I've proven everyone who doubted me wrong, why won't you believe me this time?

President: Well maybe you're wrong this time? I can't take the chance.

Jack: Damnit.
                          These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                            Likely, Adria would have just destroyed the Replicators if they were a threat. So they would have sacrificed the Odyssey for nothing.
                            I never considered that. Good point!

The IOA really are great to hate because they're so annoying in that they think they know what's best, they make me appreciate SG-1 so much more, who actually knows what's best.

Comment

well the IOA have clearly never been in a space battle or even in a galactic war, they probaly all read file reports and missions and 'opinions' on enemies

IOA:here enemy that likes to absorb things, hang on they could absorb the the ori ships!!!

and what about the ships that was positioned to attack earth..well they screwed that plan didnt they
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X