Something not right with the TIMELINE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something not right with the TIMELINE

Ok dont get me wrong here , The movie was great and all that . But I beleave they got the timeline all wrong .

There is Spoilers here
    Spoiler:
    OK here is what i dont get about the MOVIE and the TV Series . In the begging of the movie when the Alteran's where in there HOME galaxy . I was stated that the timeline was only 2 million years in the past .

Now there technology wasn't the biggest and there ship wasn't Atlantis like in anyway . So what we can say is that it was before they ever came to EARTH , on there first time out of there own Galaxy .. Even in the middle of the show you see that one of the Alteran's had drawn up some plans for the STARGATE . Personally I think it was Merlin that did those plans . but culd be wrong cause of the time line ...

Now for the big one here . In the Eps. FROZEN the SG-1 team find a lady frozen in the ice that is about 50 million years old . At that time the only people they could point it to is the Alteran's or Ancients .

Now here is my 2 big Problems ...

1. If the Alterans didn't leave there galaxy but only 2 million years ago , how did the Ancient Girl or Alteran in Frozen get there 50 million years ago ...

2. This one could be just me , but Morgan Le Fay said that they should have at the time used the Ark of Truth , witch would suggest that both Le Fay and Morgan where there in there Home Galaxy at the time before they felt there own Galaxy . But at the same time both where in Atlantis together to , witch would mean that they would have to be a millions of years old , or at least a few hundred thousand years old .

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
    Ok dont get me wrong here , The movie was great and all that . But I beleave they got the timeline all wrong .

There is Spoilers here
    Spoiler:
    OK here is what i dont get about the MOVIE and the TV Series . In the begging of the movie when the Alteran's where in there HOME galaxy . I was stated that the timeline was only 2 million years in the past .

Now there technology wasn't the biggest and there ship wasn't Atlantis like in anyway . So what we can say is that it was before they ever came to EARTH , on there first time out of there own Galaxy .. Even in the middle of the show you see that one of the Alteran's had drawn up some plans for the STARGATE . Personally I think it was Merlin that did those plans . but culd be wrong cause of the time line ...

Now for the big one here . In the Eps. FROZEN the SG-1 team find a lady frozen in the ice that is about 50 million years old . At that time the only people they could point it to is the Alteran's or Ancients .

1. If the Alterans didn't leave there galaxy but only 2 million years ago , how did the Ancient Girl or Alteran in Frozen get there 50 million years ago ...

2. This one could be just me , but Morgan Le Fay said that they should have at the time used the Ark of Truth , witch would suggest that both Le Fay and Morgan where there in there Home Galaxy at the time before they felt there own Galaxy . But at the same time both where in Atlantis together to , witch would mean that they would have to be a millions of years old , or at least a few hundred thousand years old .
    2 million? the subtitle just said millions of years. I think it was Vala who said 2 million. and you really shouldnt listen to anything she says. because.

Comment

Originally posted by DeRoest View Post
      2 million? the subtitle just said millions of years. I think it was Vala who said 2 million. and you really shouldnt listen to anything she says. because.
      Yeah but even if she said 2 million , why didn't daniel correct her like he does all the other times ?

Comment

Yeah but even if she said 2 million , why didn't daniel correct her like he does all the other times ?
        Daniel died a little on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by DeRoest View Post
          Daniel died a little on the inside.
          And earlier he said why do i even bother?

Comment

My question is, how did the Ark of Truth survive for millions of years and still work? Come on, it was in a stone chest, which after millions of years would have eroded into nothing.

Honestly.

It's just a movie, though.

Comment

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
              My question is, how did the Ark of Truth survive for millions of years and still work? Come on, it was in a stone chest, which after millions of years would have eroded into nothing.

Honestly.

It's just a movie, though.

it wasn't stone chest
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

No, but the remains of that village sure held up well for being several million years old.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Where does Vala say 2 million?

Comment

There is Spoilers here
                    Spoiler:

Did they say specifically that the girl in 'Frozen' was 50 million years old? Or was it like "She could be as much as..."?

We know for a fact that that wasn't Merlin in the beginning. For one thing they say the guy's name. I don't remember what it was but they said it.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

The Ancients make their technology out of some indestructible metal. The communication terminal survived the 20ish million years or more. The Ark would too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                        Did they say specifically that the girl in 'Frozen' was 50 million years old? Or was it like "She could be as much as..."?

We know for a fact that that wasn't Merlin in the beginning. For one thing they say the guy's name. I don't remember what it was but they said it.
                        Yeah the girl in FROZEN was 50 million years old . It was stated in the show as well as here in gateworlds Omnipedia section

Comment

Yeah the girl in FROZEN was 50 million years old . It was stated in the show as well as here in gateworlds Omnipedia section
                          No they said that she could be as much as 50 million years old they never said definitively how old he was.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            No they said that she could be as much as 50 million years old they never said definitively how old he was.
                            Atlantis left Earth 5-10 mil years ago and Ayana was there
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                              Atlantis left Earth 5-10 mil years ago and Ayana was there
                              Well there you go not 50 million.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X