PDA

View Full Version : trilogy

jdog
March 12th, 2008, 10:42 PM
I liked the arc of truth but felt it may have been better as a trilogy, felt rushed through.

Ironicly I felt that way about the first stargate movie though 8)

-PITBULL-
March 12th, 2008, 11:16 PM
I agree with you on that one ... The movie was good , but wasn't great . Felt like they where trying to end the Ori story a little to fast here .

DeRoest
March 13th, 2008, 12:18 AM
I liked the arc of truth but felt it may have been better as a trilogy, felt rushed through.

Ironicly I felt that way about the first stargate movie though 8)ironic? no I don't think that's the word. I think you need to reconsider how stories are told. Ark of Truth could have worked stretched over several episodes but definetly not several movies. How could fill up three movies with "1.go to Ori galaxy to get Ark 2.Use Ark" they already added subplots with the IOA and Replicaters to fill up one movie.
Joss Whedon once said, a tv. show asks question, a film is an answer. If all that stuff happened in one episode, I would totally be behind you, but the movie narritive fits the pace well, in my opinon.

Bray
March 13th, 2008, 03:48 AM
There is no way that could have been stretched to a trilogy, maybe they should have mad AoT longer though, like 2 hours or so...90 minutes or whatever it was just felt too short.

Lokii
March 13th, 2008, 04:27 AM
I also felt the arc of truth was a bit rushed. I personally could have done with out the IOA and replicator sub plots. I don't feel they added that much and felt artificial inserted into the Ori storyline.

From what I saw in this movie and in SGA I think they are making the IOA to Atlantis into what Senator Kinsey was to SG1.

Mitchell82
March 13th, 2008, 01:35 PM

Ironicly I felt that way about the first stargate movie though 8)

Ironic? No I think weird is the word. The first movie never seemed rushed but the extended cut is better. As to the topic I disagree. This would have failed spread out over three movies. Maybe an extra half hour but no way three movies. This movie didn't seem rushed at all to me.

jdog
March 13th, 2008, 02:09 PM
just think they could have had more to the complexity that the ark is.

The ark of truth, but whos truth, isnt truth subjective, are the ori really lieing, even if the priors knew the truth they dont have to listen to it.

They could have had a whole movie on this issue alone, they cold have made the terminator a whole movie issue itself.

They also could have shown a ground attack on earth that would have been cool. I disagree alot of options that could have happened didn't, that was the same reason I felt the first stargate was rushed, they had alot of new concepts suddenly appear and they didnt play them out to their fullest extent.

In no way do I think it was bad but I do think it could have been much bigger very easily.

Mitchell82
March 13th, 2008, 02:14 PM
just think they could have had more to the complexity that the ark is.

The ark of truth, but whos truth, isnt truth subjective, are the ori really lieing, even if the priors knew the truth they dont have to listen to it.

They could have had a whole movie on this issue alone, they cold have made the terminator a whole movie issue itself.

They also could have shown a ground attack on earth that would have been cool. I disagree alot of options that could have happened didn't, that was the same reason I felt the first stargate was rushed, they had alot of new concepts suddenly appear and they didnt play them out to their fullest extent.

In no way do I think it was bad but I do think it could have been much bigger very easily.

That wouldn't necessarily be a good thing it would have caused the movie to drag in several places.

jdog
March 13th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Maybe I just think they could have had

ep1, They search for the ark, find the wrong one, the ori decide they need it, a ticking clock to find it then it save them from imenent death.

ep 2 THE SCG starts use the arc to reconvert the galaxy one planet at a time, then adria gets her hands on it and uses it to her advantage, in defense the SGC resurects the terminator replicators and program them to fight the ori to defend earth as a last resort, theres a cool battle in the end and it ends with the question did using the ark make things worse for us. (since the ori do speak truth they just use it to their advanatage)

ep three opens, earth is losing the battle, the SGC locates adria and the arc, they fight their way in and reprogram the arc with both truths giving everyone all the facts allowing free will to be enabled. They also find a new device adria created to spread it through the whole galaxy (the staff thing was kinda lame) ticking clock yad yada yada, good guys win, the galaxy is saved and free will wins, the national anthem plays and the american flag waves in the background.

-PITBULL-
March 14th, 2008, 12:59 AM
ironic? no I don't think that's the word. I think you need to reconsider how stories are told. Ark of Truth could have worked stretched over several episodes but definetly not several movies. How could fill up three movies with "1.go to Ori galaxy to get Ark 2.Use Ark" they already added subplots with the IOA and Replicaters to fill up one movie.
Joss Whedon once said, a tv. show asks question, a film is an answer. If all that stuff happened in one episode, I would totally be behind you, but the movie narritive fits the pace well, in my opinon.

Yeah i do agree with that saying , But tell me where did he answer all the good question that needed to be answered .

I feel that they could have answered allot more then what they gave us . As far as the REPLICATORS went as a filler for the MOVIE , well that was not needed , what they could have filled in those spots with is back stories ..

Questions Not Answered -

1. Where the Ori and Ancients already Ascending ?

2. How did the battle between the two begin ?

3. How long did it last , and what kind of battles where taking place ?

4. Who are the Ori Followers ? Are they Alterans , or Ori ? Or could they be a 3rd race in the same galaxy ?

5. What was life like before the two Giants started there feud ?

There are just a few things that could have been answered first before they even brought up the Replicators . There is also things about the Ancients and Morgan Le Fay , They could have shown a scene about the deal she made with the others .

There is so many BIG things they could have done over bring in the replicators for a filler spot .

personally i feel that the MOVIE could have been better over all , and could have been longer as well .

Bray
March 14th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Maybe I just think they could have had

ep1, They search for the ark, find the wrong one, the ori decide they need it, a ticking clock to find it then it save them from imenent death.

ep 2 THE SCG starts use the arc to reconvert the galaxy one planet at a time, then adria gets her hands on it and uses it to her advantage, in defense the SGC resurects the terminator replicators and program them to fight the ori to defend earth as a last resort, theres a cool battle in the end and it ends with the question did using the ark make things worse for us. (since the ori do speak truth they just use it to their advanatage)

ep three opens, earth is losing the battle, the SGC locates adria and the arc, they fight their way in and reprogram the arc with both truths giving everyone all the facts allowing free will to be enabled. They also find a new device adria created to spread it through the whole galaxy (the staff thing was kinda lame) ticking clock yad yada yada, good guys win, the galaxy is saved and free will wins, the national anthem plays and the american flag waves in the background.

zzzzzzz

I think that would have been the general response to that, don't get me wrong I love Stargate but there is no way that could have been stretched to 3 movies...not without it being extremely boring.

Daniel Jackson
March 14th, 2008, 09:28 AM
The Ori saga was interesting, but one movie was plenty of time to depict the Ori's defeat. Look at the Goa'uld and Replicators. Both enemies were defeated in just two episodes.

If there are to be three SG-1 movies, I'd rather only one be based on the Ori. I want variety, not more of the same.

-PITBULL-
March 14th, 2008, 11:51 AM
The Ori saga was interesting, but one movie was plenty of time to depict the Ori's defeat. Look at the Goa'uld and Replicators. Both enemies were defeated in just two episodes.

If there are to be three SG-1 movies, I'd rather only one be based on the Ori. I want variety, not more of the same.I would agree with you on this , but for future movies , what are they going to do ?

I mean if there enemies are all taken care of in just two movies , then what are they going to do future MOVIES .

1. There are no more Goa'uld after the next MOVIE .

2. The Ori are no more , So no matter what they can't come out with a new Ori Enemy .

that really only leaves them the IOA , Witch would be based on earth and would take away the whole point of the STARGATE network , And bringing in a new enemy and destroying them in one MOVIE would really suck every time they want a new MOVIE for STARGATE SG-1 ...

jenks
March 14th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I would agree with you on this , but for future movies , what are they going to do ?

I mean if there enemies are all taken care of in just two movies , then what are they going to do future MOVIES .

2. The Ori are no more , So no matter what they can't come out with a new Ori Enemy .

that really only leaves them the IOA , Witch would be based on earth and would take away the whole point of the STARGATE network , And bringing in a new enemy and destroying them in one MOVIE would really suck every time they want a new MOVIE for STARGATE SG-1 ...

False. There are Goa'uld all over the place, they just don't have anywhere near as much power as they used to.

Daniel Jackson
March 14th, 2008, 12:12 PM
The first movie wraps up the Ori saga, and the second wraps up Ba'al's story. What will they do for the third movie? They can do anything they want! Who says it has to be this big, bad, long-term enemy? That concept is getting old fast. Instead, why not just a one-off adventure? For example, just put a single world at stake instead of the entire galaxy. That's what they did in the original movie, and that worked out quite well.

-PITBULL-
March 14th, 2008, 12:46 PM
The first movie wraps up the Ori saga, and the second wraps up Ba'al's story. What will they do for the third movie? They can do anything they want! Who says it has to be this big, bad, long-term enemy? That concept is getting old fast. Instead, why not just a one-off adventure? For example, just put a single world at stake instead of the entire galaxy. That's what they did in the original movie, and that worked out quite well.

yeah but in the first movie we had an enemy that had more technology then we had ever seen . So that kind of throws that out of the window .

jenks
March 14th, 2008, 01:25 PM
How so?

Daniel Jackson
March 14th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I say again, why does the next villain have to be all powerful and more powerful than the last one? Why not simply feature a threat to a single world? I'm getting tired of all this galactic threat stuff. I miss the old SG-1 episodes where episodes focused on just one world being in danger instead of the entire galaxy.

MarshAngel
March 15th, 2008, 05:55 AM
I say again, why does the next villain have to be all powerful and more powerful than the last one? Why not simply feature a threat to a single world? I'm getting tired of all this galactic threat stuff. I miss the old SG-1 episodes where episodes focused on just one world being in danger instead of the entire galaxy.

Agreed. Just because they have the ability to take on a galactic threat doesn't make a planetary one unimportant. The first Stargate movie was just one planet, one set of people, and one threat and it felt pretty important. Granted, given where the show has been it does make going back there a little more difficult in terms of fan expectation but if they can do it again, they can actually start building from small threat to a grander one all over again. I think the direct-to dvd format has a lot of potential.

Daniel Jackson
March 15th, 2008, 06:51 AM
One thing that would make it easy to deal with a planetary threat is to simply have some dialogue explaining that Earth's small fleet of ships is occupied. Two could be aiding Atlantis, and the third could be chasing after some Goa'uld leaving SG-1 with a few teams to solve the crisis.

Mitchell82
March 15th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I would agree with you on this , but for future movies , what are they going to do ?

Source? AFAIK they are still around just not as powerful.

They could do a story on a rouge group of soldiers but other than that you're right.

They won't have to make a new enemy each movie and they won't make the IOA an enemy.

-PITBULL-
March 16th, 2008, 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by -PITBULL-
? AFAIK they are still around just not as powerful.
Yeah and thats the point , why have another movie after the next one about a few left over Goa'uld that aren't really a threat anymore . The Goa'uld are many gone , Might not be done with all the way , but still what kind of real threat could they be after Ba'al ...

They could do a story on a rouge group of soldiers but other than that you're right.
Yeah , there really done with at this point . No need for new ones to come out ...

They won't have to make a new enemy each movie and they won't make the IOA an enemy.

Well that would be a big problem there , Cause for one i don't see the WRITERS going back to older UNANSWERED shows just to give answers to . It would be nice to get a few answers of older eps. that where never answered . But i don't see the writers doing that kind of stuff ...

Now what i wold like to see is a TRUE back story , Even if it has NOTHING TO DO WITH STARGATE SG-1 . Have it to do with the Ancients , a real back story , the war between the Ori , what happened in this war , what started it . Who was in charge , and what kind of technology did they have .

Make it a part MINI SERIES that could come out on DVD .

First Part of it : The Beginning

Happiness in the ORI Galaxy , tells the story of how they lived , what happened to them and why they left . Let the writers really get in to it with the STORY , Tell us the timeline , how things went down all that stuff that needs to be answered ... Let it END with the Alterans leaving the Galaxy for a new one ..

Second Part of it : A New Life

Could be about there journey threw the galaxies , Where they went to . What other Galaxies they might have stopped at , who else they might have meet . even there new beginning in the Milky Way Galaxy .

Tell the story of the Great Alliance , and show what the Asgards looked like before there Cloning problem . What the Ferlings looked like and how they lived .

Could end with them getting sick and moving on to the Pegasus Galaxy .

Third Part of it : Last Stand

Could be about there new life in Atlantis , and what they did there with out giving away to much . Show there WAR Between them and the Wraith , and how it all went down .

Then take it to there journey back to the Milky Way and show what they might have done Once they got back and how they took there Journey to Enlightenment .

Could end with a mass amount of them Ascending , and Could show what the Higher Plain looks like a little , and could show WHO the Others might be ... And for fun could hear of some problems they might be having with the Ori , and some of the Others , maybe even show some future events for Future MOVIES ...

Now that is what i would LOVE to see ... make each PART 3 hours long , let them get into detail of TIMELINE and TECHNOLOGY . Something that the FANS could really have fun with in the long run ...

Mitchell82
March 16th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Yeah and thats the point , why have another movie after the next one about a few left over Goa'uld that aren't really a threat anymore . The Goa'uld are many gone , Might not be done with all the way , but still what kind of real threat could they be after Ba'al ...
Well they (tptb) said that a minor change to the timeline would stick maybe it's something about the Goa'uld.

Yeah , there really done with at this point . No need for new ones to come out ...
Agreed.

Well that would be a big problem there , Cause for one i don't see the WRITERS going back to older UNANSWERED shows just to give answers to . It would be nice to get a few answers of older eps. that where never answered . But i don't see the writers doing that kind of stuff ...
IDK they could still do that. I remember an early idea for the third film was to dust off a rejected script on a third Aschen storyline episode. They could revise that script and make a movie about them.

Now what i wold like to see is a TRUE back story , Even if it has NOTHING TO DO WITH STARGATE SG-1 . Have it to do with the Ancients , a real back story , the war between the Ori , what happened in this war , what started it . Who was in charge , and what kind of technology did they have .

Happiness in the ORI Galaxy , tells the story of how they lived , what happened to them and why they left . Let the writers really get in to it with the STORY , Tell us the timeline , how things went down all that stuff that needs to be answered ... Let it END with the Alterans leaving the Galaxy for a new one ..

Could be about there journey threw the galaxies , Where they went to . What other Galaxies they might have stopped at , who else they might have meet . even there new beginning in the Milky Way Galaxy .

Tell the story of the Great Alliance , and show what the Asgards looked like before there Cloning problem . What the Ferlings looked like and how they lived .

Could be about there new life in Atlantis , and what they did there with out giving away to much . Show there WAR Between them and the Wraith , and how it all went down .

Then take it to there journey back to the Milky Way and show what they might have done Once they got back and how they took there Journey to Enlightenment .

Could end with a mass amount of them Ascending , and Could show what the Higher Plain looks like a little , and could show WHO the Others might be ... And for fun could hear of some problems they might be having with the Ori , and some of the Others , maybe even show some future events for Future MOVIES ...

Now that is what i would LOVE to see ... make each PART 3 hours long , let them get into detail of TIMELINE and TECHNOLOGY . Something that the FANS could really have fun with in the long run ...
Actually I love that idea however without having some established faces in it ie, SG-1 or something it may not sell well.

-PITBULL-
March 16th, 2008, 05:27 PM

Now that is what i would LOVE to see ... make each PART 3 hours long , let them get into detail of TIMELINE and TECHNOLOGY . Something that the FANS could really have fun with in the long run ..
Actually I love that idea however without having some established faces in it ie, SG-1 or something it may not sell well.

They would have a some Established Characters .... The Ancients that we know of so far . Remember the TIMELINE would be over Millions of years and so far we have a few of the Ancients names out there ...

Merlin , Morgan , Olma and others would be some of the characters and story they could take about within the movie ...

This would also let them Explore a few more Ancients out there . Let us meet characters from the Asgards as well , like Thor and the rest ....

Cmdr_Thor
March 19th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Personally, an SG-1 trilogy that pulls from the roots of the series' mythology AND is accessible to a newer audience AND has the potential for grand adventures AND fresh storylines that allow SG-1 to return to its roots of adventure, discovery, and returning to humanity's "young-ness" would be a trilogy of movies surrounding the great alliance. More specifically the Furlings. A triology of films would be perfect. Can you imagine grand sets that hopefully match the elegance of Ra's ship, or wide landscapes with ancient (not Alteran, just old!! lol) ruins with secrets. Also, the technology of the Furlings obviously is way over our heads because Carter had so much trouble with it in Paradise Lost, even with six years of experience with ancient and Goa'uld tech. I just see the Furling storyline (if it exists at all) to be a perfect place to pick up an unanswered part of Stargate mythology and please both fans and non-fans alike, while returning to the roots of exploration and adventure.

I've got my fingers crossed.

Shpinxinator
March 22nd, 2008, 11:01 PM
Well..in all honesty they could keep going for a long time with whats already given within the show....theres ALOT of loose ends not tied up yet....liiike....

1. The LUCIAN ALLIANCE...their still out there...yes maybe in a state of civil unrest but still a threat

2. The ASCHEN...in theroy they were wiped out but if the SGC was able to survive a gate connected to a black hole it stands to reason they could have as well

3. The Jaffa Nation...there hasn't been any word on their status since the disctuction of Dakara a Jaffa Civil War maybe? Bra'tac's fate...their relations with the Tok'ra...and for that matter the Tok'ra's fate

4. The Liberation of LANGARA...a good excuse to bring Jonas Quinn back.

5. And I know people know this but I'm going to say it anyway...Anubis is still alive...now I know its a little far fetched but all thats happening is Oma is fighting him and for lack of a better term...distracted him...what if he wins that fight? it is possible.

so those are just a couple ideas but as you can see there are still alot of stories to be told

Shpinxinator
October 21st, 2008, 02:03 PM
OH!...and the replicators