This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trilogy

I liked the arc of truth but felt it may have been better as a trilogy, felt rushed through.

Ironicly I felt that way about the first stargate movie though 8)

I agree with you on that one ... The movie was good , but wasn't great . Felt like they where trying to end the Ori story a little to fast here .

Comment

Originally posted by jdog View Post
      I liked the arc of truth but felt it may have been better as a trilogy, felt rushed through.

ironic? no I don't think that's the word. I think you need to reconsider how stories are told. Ark of Truth could have worked stretched over several episodes but definetly not several movies. How could fill up three movies with "1.go to Ori galaxy to get Ark 2.Use Ark" they already added subplots with the IOA and Replicaters to fill up one movie.
      Joss Whedon once said, a tv. show asks question, a film is an answer. If all that stuff happened in one episode, I would totally be behind you, but the movie narritive fits the pace well, in my opinon.

Comment

There is no way that could have been stretched to a trilogy, maybe they should have mad AoT longer though, like 2 hours or so...90 minutes or whatever it was just felt too short.

Comment

I also felt the arc of truth was a bit rushed. I personally could have done with out the IOA and replicator sub plots. I don't feel they added that much and felt artificial inserted into the Ori storyline.

From what I saw in this movie and in SGA I think they are making the IOA to Atlantis into what Senator Kinsey was to SG1.
          WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO BLUE JELLO?

Comment

Ironic? No I think weird is the word. The first movie never seemed rushed but the extended cut is better. As to the topic I disagree. This would have failed spread out over three movies. Maybe an extra half hour but no way three movies. This movie didn't seem rushed at all to me.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

just think they could have had more to the complexity that the ark is.

The ark of truth, but whos truth, isnt truth subjective, are the ori really lieing, even if the priors knew the truth they dont have to listen to it.

They could have had a whole movie on this issue alone, they cold have made the terminator a whole movie issue itself.

They also could have shown a ground attack on earth that would have been cool. I disagree alot of options that could have happened didn't, that was the same reason I felt the first stargate was rushed, they had alot of new concepts suddenly appear and they didnt play them out to their fullest extent.

In no way do I think it was bad but I do think it could have been much bigger very easily.

Comment

just think they could have had more to the complexity that the ark is.

The ark of truth, but whos truth, isnt truth subjective, are the ori really lieing, even if the priors knew the truth they dont have to listen to it.

They could have had a whole movie on this issue alone, they cold have made the terminator a whole movie issue itself.

They also could have shown a ground attack on earth that would have been cool. I disagree alot of options that could have happened didn't, that was the same reason I felt the first stargate was rushed, they had alot of new concepts suddenly appear and they didnt play them out to their fullest extent.

In no way do I think it was bad but I do think it could have been much bigger very easily.
                That wouldn't necessarily be a good thing it would have caused the movie to drag in several places.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Maybe I just think they could have had

ep1, They search for the ark, find the wrong one, the ori decide they need it, a ticking clock to find it then it save them from imenent death.

ep 2 THE SCG starts use the arc to reconvert the galaxy one planet at a time, then adria gets her hands on it and uses it to her advantage, in defense the SGC resurects the terminator replicators and program them to fight the ori to defend earth as a last resort, theres a cool battle in the end and it ends with the question did using the ark make things worse for us. (since the ori do speak truth they just use it to their advanatage)

ep three opens, earth is losing the battle, the SGC locates adria and the arc, they fight their way in and reprogram the arc with both truths giving everyone all the facts allowing free will to be enabled. They also find a new device adria created to spread it through the whole galaxy (the staff thing was kinda lame) ticking clock yad yada yada, good guys win, the galaxy is saved and free will wins, the national anthem plays and the american flag waves in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by DeRoest View Post
                    ironic? no I don't think that's the word. I think you need to reconsider how stories are told. Ark of Truth could have worked stretched over several episodes but definetly not several movies. How could fill up three movies with "1.go to Ori galaxy to get Ark 2.Use Ark" they already added subplots with the IOA and Replicaters to fill up one movie.
                    Joss Whedon once said, a tv. show asks question, a film is an answer. If all that stuff happened in one episode, I would totally be behind you, but the movie narritive fits the pace well, in my opinon.
                    Yeah i do agree with that saying , But tell me where did he answer all the good question that needed to be answered .

I feel that they could have answered allot more then what they gave us . As far as the REPLICATORS went as a filler for the MOVIE , well that was not needed , what they could have filled in those spots with is back stories ..

Questions Not Answered -

1. Where the Ori and Ancients already Ascending ?

2. How did the battle between the two begin ?

3. How long did it last , and what kind of battles where taking place ?

4. Who are the Ori Followers ? Are they Alterans , or Ori ? Or could they be a 3rd race in the same galaxy ?

5. What was life like before the two Giants started there feud ?

There are just a few things that could have been answered first before they even brought up the Replicators . There is also things about the Ancients and Morgan Le Fay , They could have shown a scene about the deal she made with the others .

There is so many BIG things they could have done over bring in the replicators for a filler spot .

personally i feel that the MOVIE could have been better over all , and could have been longer as well .

Comment

Maybe I just think they could have had

ep1, They search for the ark, find the wrong one, the ori decide they need it, a ticking clock to find it then it save them from imenent death.

ep 2 THE SCG starts use the arc to reconvert the galaxy one planet at a time, then adria gets her hands on it and uses it to her advantage, in defense the SGC resurects the terminator replicators and program them to fight the ori to defend earth as a last resort, theres a cool battle in the end and it ends with the question did using the ark make things worse for us. (since the ori do speak truth they just use it to their advanatage)

ep three opens, earth is losing the battle, the SGC locates adria and the arc, they fight their way in and reprogram the arc with both truths giving everyone all the facts allowing free will to be enabled. They also find a new device adria created to spread it through the whole galaxy (the staff thing was kinda lame) ticking clock yad yada yada, good guys win, the galaxy is saved and free will wins, the national anthem plays and the american flag waves in the background.
                      zzzzzzz

I think that would have been the general response to that, don't get me wrong I love Stargate but there is no way that could have been stretched to 3 movies...not without it being extremely boring.

Comment

The Ori saga was interesting, but one movie was plenty of time to depict the Ori's defeat. Look at the Goa'uld and Replicators. Both enemies were defeated in just two episodes.

If there are to be three SG-1 movies, I'd rather only one be based on the Ori. I want variety, not more of the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                          The Ori saga was interesting, but one movie was plenty of time to depict the Ori's defeat. Look at the Goa'uld and Replicators. Both enemies were defeated in just two episodes.

If there are to be three SG-1 movies, I'd rather only one be based on the Ori. I want variety, not more of the same.
                          I would agree with you on this , but for future movies , what are they going to do ?

I mean if there enemies are all taken care of in just two movies , then what are they going to do future MOVIES .

1. There are no more Goa'uld after the next MOVIE .

2. The Ori are no more , So no matter what they can't come out with a new Ori Enemy .

that really only leaves them the IOA , Witch would be based on earth and would take away the whole point of the STARGATE network , And bringing in a new enemy and destroying them in one MOVIE would really suck every time they want a new MOVIE for STARGATE SG-1 ...

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
                            I would agree with you on this , but for future movies , what are they going to do ?

I mean if there enemies are all taken care of in just two movies , then what are they going to do future MOVIES .

1. There are no more Goa'uld after the next MOVIE .

2. The Ori are no more , So no matter what they can't come out with a new Ori Enemy .

that really only leaves them the IOA , Witch would be based on earth and would take away the whole point of the STARGATE network , And bringing in a new enemy and destroying them in one MOVIE would really suck every time they want a new MOVIE for STARGATE SG-1 ...
                            False. There are Goa'uld all over the place, they just don't have anywhere near as much power as they used to.

Comment

The first movie wraps up the Ori saga, and the second wraps up Ba'al's story. What will they do for the third movie? They can do anything they want! Who says it has to be this big, bad, long-term enemy? That concept is getting old fast. Instead, why not just a one-off adventure? For example, just put a single world at stake instead of the entire galaxy. That's what they did in the original movie, and that worked out quite well.

Comment

Working...
                              X