X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explanation of the cast changes

Minor Spoilers:

First of all,
    Amanda Tapping has had her own series picked up by Sci Fi. Her contract expired so she decided not to come back to Stargate and focus full time on her own series, Sanctuary.

NOT the writer's decision to write her out, by the actress' decision

Second of all,
    Torri Higginson REFUSED to come back to Atlantis. The writers were going to have her in 3 episodes in Season Five, I believe possibly the season premiere as well. She refused to come back, <snip>

<let's not go starting rumors. Torri's contract for s4 was not renewed, she was offered 4 episodes in s4, which she did. they planned to continue a story arc that would feature her character in season five the actress - for reasons we do not know - chose to say no, thus the story arc will continue without her....And as much drama as fans like to put into it, this sort of stuff happens all the time. actors don't want to come back (tanith was killed off via CGI after peter wingfield and bridge could't come to an agreement about how long it'd take to tape the shot and payment thereof, summit/last stand was rewritten with Lt Elliott instead of martouf/lantash (which is who it was originally written for) because jr bourne was taping 13 Ghosts and couldn't do both....cassie was recast after Katie Stuart (the original cassandra) was filming X-Men and chose to do the feature film instead of a tv show....Orlin was recast after sean patrick flannery couldn't tape the Fourth Horseman. Corin Nemec was let go from his 2 year contract after the decision was made to bring Shanks back and there was no room in the cast for five characters....Todd, Warrick and other aliens have been played by multiple actors when the original ones were unavailable to reprise the role.....this stuff happens all the time and is part of the acting business.

Acting is, for most, the ultimate part time job and they can literally never know from week to week if they have work. thus they usually take what they can when they can get it.

and before people start ascribing 'she's pissed off' as motives for torri's refusal, for all we know she's got another project going and needs her time for something else

I would sugges that people stop projecting their own feelings into the situation and stick to the simple facts>
    Last edited by Skydiver; 13 March 2008, 04:31 AM.

Originally posted by iqbalg1 View Post

Second of all,
    Torri Higginson REFUSED to come back to Atlantis. The writers were going to have her in 3 episodes in Season Five, I believe possibly the season premiere as well. She refused to come back, despite the writers offer for several episodes with her in it.
    Nope. Torri was offered 1 episode that could potentially lead to a bigger arc, not 3, and certainly not the season premier.

Comment

Don't anyone say Higginson was "too good" for SGA- didn't she give us 4 years of a character she worked hard to breathe life into? She wants to go, so let her, and please say thanks, okay?

Change is good Chrisisall
      Late to the Gate

Comment

AT LEAST BECKETT WILL BE BACK FOR A COUPLE OF EPISODES!!!!! now wheres Ford?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisall View Post
          Don't anyone say Higginson was "too good" for SGA- didn't she give us 4 years of a character she worked hard to breathe life into? She wants to go, so let her, and please say thanks, okay?
          Yes Torri is way too good for SGA One episode was a half-assed deal. Less than half-assed. One episode is 1/20th, to be exact Shouldn't have messed with the cast PTB.

(By the way, do you have the specific source citing which dude said Torri was too good?)

I'm still perplexed at why Keller over Carson for reasons other than the sad excuse for 'gender imbalance'. Because Carson is more loved and has more potential. But, oh, he doesn't have boobs. Anyway, I still have five eppies to watch next year. Paul can outshine the regulars any day

I shall now leave before I begin to complain about TPTB's descision-making skills, which will cause PG15 to point out my rather irrational grudge.

Comment

Oy, here we go. I am dissapointed with Torri's decision, and I am also disappointed with TPTB who only offered her one episode. But you know what, I really don't care anymore. The last 4 eps of this season have been some of the best eps of the entire series. Weir will be missed, but the show must go on without her.

Also, we got Carson Beckett back for at least 5 eps next season. Hopefully it will be more than 5! So the lineup is very close to a Season 2 line-up except Weir.

As per the character change, they did an excellent job with Weir's departure, imo. It is just a shame we will not see the conclusion of this amazing story arc with Weir/Torri.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              Oy, here we go. I am dissapointed with Torri's decision, and I am also disappointed with TPTB who only offered her one episode. But you know what, I really don't care anymore. The last 4 eps of this season have been some of the best eps of the entire series. Weir will be missed, but the show must go on without her.

Also, we got Carson Beckett back for at least 5 eps next season. Hopefully it will be more than 5! So the lineup is very close to a Season 2 line-up except Weir.

As per the character change, they did an excellent job with Weir's departure, imo. It is just a shame we will not see the conclusion of this amazing story arc with Weir/Torri.
              Shhh...they could always drag Jessica Steen out of the closet.
              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                that's very unlikely and I really hope they don't
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  that's very unlikely and I really hope they don't
                  Yup, same here... That would be some major back stepping IMO and it wouldn't work

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

I shall now leave before I begin to complain about TPTB's descision-making skills, which will cause PG15 to point out my rather irrational grudge.

And how.

Comment

TPTB did offer Jessica Steen the Weir role but, she turned down because she didn't want to live in Vancouver. So I don't think she will except the Repliweir role anyways. IMHO.

LS

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                        TPTB did offer Jessica Steen the Weir role but, she turned down because she didn't want to live in Vancouver. So I don't think she will except the Repliweir role anyways. IMHO.

LS
                        they did? I thought at the time (SG-1 season 7 finale 'LC') TBTB told JS there'd be the possibility of a spin-off series and asked if she'd be available. but then they decided to cast TH... I may be wrong
                        sigpic

Comment

they did? I thought at the time (SG-1 season 7 finale 'LC') TBTB told JS there'd be the possibility of a spin-off series and asked if she'd be available. but then they decided to cast TH... I may be wrong
                          I've heard it both ways so I really don't know.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            I've heard it both ways so I really don't know.
                            where's PG15 when you need him?
                            sigpic

Comment

where's PG15 when you need him?
                              Probably sleeping which is where I'm headed.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X