This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colonel Abe Ellis

I'd read that there would be no Atlantis characters in this movie. Was anyone surprised when Colonel Ellis appeared on a view screen in the SGC?

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
    I'd read that there would be no Atlantis characters in this movie. Was anyone surprised when Colonel Ellis appeared on a view screen in the SGC?
    Yes I was, but what surprised me the most was the fact that his name was writen on the screen. Like he was on the news or something.
    sigpic

Comment

Chronologically speaking then maybe he's actually an SG-1 character.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        That could be. Much in the same way that the ZPM, Ancient control chair and the drones are SG-1 creations yet used more in Atlantis. Or maybe "Atlantis character" was reserved for people actually in Atlantis, not a ship, afterall, the ship crews wear SGC patches not Atlantis ones.

Vala,

Comment

Also consider: he's not a main character or even a major recurring character. He's been in, what, 3 episodes?

Comment

There are certain characters who can't be "confined", so to speak, to a single series.

Woolsey and Ellis seem to be characteristic of this, serving equally in each.
            Noncharacter examples being the DSC-304, which can't be called a product of either series individually.

This is in contrast to McKay, who clearly stopped being an SG1 character at some point to become a wholly Atlantis character, as did Lorne. Carter has not made that leap yet, and won't. She'll always be an SG-1 character assisting Atlantis- same with Dr. Lee and Gen. Landry.

The point is, there are "series citizens" and "dual citizens". Woolsey and Ellis could be considered under the dual category.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              The most specific placement of AoT in the Stargate timeline puts it somewhere between Unending and Carter taking over command of Atlantis which was in Reunion. (That's based on the DvD commentary so there might be a more specific time stated somewhere else)
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
              X