PDA

View Full Version : Ori as Allies now?

jrd231
March 12th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Now that Priors and the Doci and the Ori followers know the truth, why not ask the Doci and Priors for help with the Wraith?

The Doci seemed very sorry and may be looking for a way to repent. Why not ask him for a couple of Ori battle cruisers, and some knowledge to convert the control system to something that humans could use.

We fly them through the supergate, then to Pegasus and annihilate the Wraith. The priors still know how to build the ships, so maybe they'd be willing to help.

Of course, it's not like Earth needs help with ship technology considering the new Asgard tech appears to pwn everything. We just need MOAR SHIPS.

Mister Oragahn
March 12th, 2008, 04:50 AM
They give us their ships. That way, we get even more wank. Then we go to another galaxy, full of advanced enemies, we use the Ark of Truth again, get their tech.
Rinse and repeat.

g.o.d
March 12th, 2008, 05:33 AM
I doubt we'll see Ori ships/tech/priors+ Doci, etc. again. Heck, they won'T be ven mentioned in the future.

another example of stargate prime directive: if you don't know how to deal with a story/places/technology/people, forget about them

jasminaGo
March 12th, 2008, 05:39 AM
If we get their ships, the Earth will become too powerfull, get rid of the Wraith and every other enemy that comes up without a problem, and it will be the end of the show.

And I agree with g.o.d we will probably never see the ori followers again.

The_Carpenter
March 12th, 2008, 05:45 AM
They give us their ships. That way, we get even more wank. Then we go to another galaxy, full of advanced enemies, we use the Ark of Truth again, get their tech.
Rinse and repeat.
Problem is the Ark can only be used to make people believe what is true, so you couldn't programme it to make someone believe a lie for example.

lunarleviathan
March 12th, 2008, 05:46 AM
I hope we'll never see the Ori followers again. I would also hope we never see the Replicators or the Goa'uld (after Continuum) again either.

Doesn't anyone else miss the days when it was simply SGC vs. Goa'uld/Jaffa and nobody wanted to be our ally because they either didn't want to get involved or thought we were too primitive? Those were the days...

Drax
March 12th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Earth is now the most powerful technological and imperial force in the galaxy and most people on the planet aren't even aware. Unbelievable.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a future movie that dealt with this issue.

The_Carpenter
March 12th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Earth is now the most powerful technological and imperial force in the galaxy and most people on the planet aren't even aware. Unbelievable.

I wouldn't call us Imperial, we haven't conqoured anyone and our only off world bases are on uninhabited worlds.

Drax
March 12th, 2008, 06:55 AM
I wouldn't call us Imperial, we haven't conqoured anyone and our only off world bases are on uninhabited worlds.

True, but I can see future corrupt powers on Earth wanting to gain a foothold on the galaxy by establishing military bases on even inhabited worlds. Call me a pessimist, but it's quite plausible.

kymeric
March 12th, 2008, 07:07 AM
The Priors and their ships are far too dangerous to just involve in something willie-nilly. If we see the former ori followers again itll be a big deal. The doci was repentant, you dont act repentant by killing abuncha people/wraith.

Drax
March 12th, 2008, 07:21 AM
The Priors and their ships are far too dangerous to just involve in something willie-nilly. If we see the former ori followers again itll be a big deal. The doci was repentant, you dont act repentant by killing abuncha people/wraith.

The Doci might think twice if the Wraith start killing Priors or former followers.

Vala_M
March 12th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I think that they're just going to stick with organizing their own people and not help anyone.

Vala,

wise one
March 12th, 2008, 08:47 AM
there in rebuild mode and maybe tomin would help out since he said he will try make up for the things his done

wkw427
March 12th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Problem is the Ark can only be used to make people believe what is true, so you couldn't programme it to make someone believe a lie for example.
The truth is: Earth owns, we will own you, and you will give us your technology.

Truth can be interpreted in many ways

jenks
March 12th, 2008, 03:12 PM
But only one correct way.

Mister Oragahn
March 12th, 2008, 04:26 PM

Ahem. You can program whatever truth you want. Even massive plotholes.

The more the enemy is a big hivemind sort of society, the better!

the fifth man
March 12th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I sure hope we see, or at the very least hear about, the former Ori followers. They could be very powerful allies. However, they will probably want some time to themselves, to contemplate all the horrors they have committed in the name of false Gods.

DeRoest
March 13th, 2008, 12:05 AM
I sure hope we see, or at the very least hear about, the former Ori followers. They could be very powerful allies. However, they will probably want some time to themselves, to contemplate all the horrors they have committed in the name of false Gods.
in other words. they are the new "Jaffa Nation" type of tennative ally

g.o.d
March 13th, 2008, 12:25 AM
in other words. they are the new "Jaffa Nation" type of tennative ally

which means they are practically useless :D

Drax
March 13th, 2008, 02:39 AM
People will just go back to being atheists after being fooled by both the Goa'uld and the Ori.

g.o.d
March 13th, 2008, 02:49 AM
People will just go back to being atheists after being fooled by both the Goa'uld and the Ori.

why? Origin is not as bad as we all think. Even Tomin said that Origin helped him when he was tortured by prior

Drax
March 13th, 2008, 02:52 AM
What's the point if there's no gods to worship? They may as well take up Buddhism.

g.o.d
March 13th, 2008, 02:57 AM
What's the point if there's no gods to worship? They may as well take up Buddhism.

I doubt that the jaffas and the Ori followers know something about buddhism :)

Drax
March 13th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Well the Jaffa believed in Kheb, which looked to be of Buddhist influence. Spread the word.

Pharaoh Atem
March 13th, 2008, 05:39 AM
we could use there shield tech. even with Asgard tech i feel our shields are still weak

DeRoest
March 13th, 2008, 07:36 AM

Atheists? I don't know about that. They just see the true nature of the Ori. It has never been stated that the Altarans were Atheists. If you look at the early stuff with Oma you can see they were very spiritual

Shan Bruce Lee
March 13th, 2008, 08:08 AM
They'll probably continue to focus on Ascention. Just without worshiping the Ori. And they'll probably be too busy with their own issues and rebuilding to get involved in someone elses affairs.

RepliVeggie
March 13th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Rebuilding what though? There is nothing to rebuild. They will just start actually growing as a people. Where the Ori were holding them back for millions of years. Prostration for so many hours every day probably kept them from every accomplishing anything. Now they can start growing.

Shan Bruce Lee
March 13th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Rebuilding what though? There is nothing to rebuild. They will just start actually growing as a people. Where the Ori were holding them back for millions of years. Prostration for so many hours every day probably kept them from every accomplishing anything. Now they can start growing.

I'm not just talking about their buildings or cities, I mean they'll probably suffer all kinds of fallout from this - economic chaos, social unrest etc. And there could be some riots too after all of the Priors have been killing people like Harrod and Sallis (or w/e their names were spelled)

any_gopher
March 13th, 2008, 02:32 PM
why? Origin is not as bad as we all think. Even Tomin said that Origin helped him when he was tortured by prior

Why would they go back to it if they know it's false? Whether Origin is good or bad is irrelevant... why subscribe to Origin if the Ori are dead, and it's been revealed it's all a lie?

any_gopher
March 13th, 2008, 02:33 PM

Yay! :):)

J_schinderlin56
March 13th, 2008, 03:38 PM

we only have 4 ships. The Jaffa still out number us. 1 sweet 304 would still have a pretty tough time facing 40 Ha'tak.

2ndgenerationalteran
March 13th, 2008, 06:43 PM
But what they do choose to do is a good question, not only has their religion been proved wrong, their "gods" are dead, their priests (priors and doci) denounce their former "gods" but they too believe they have been decieved, how do you really go on? They slaughtered in name of a religion that they them selves believe in as false yet they know of no other way of life, Origin was their base. Their value system would be based on their culture which they now believe was controled by evil beings. Though it wasn't all bad their justifications would be so "gray" and knowing what is right and wrong should be inherent but saying that "the ori said it was so.." would be a negative justification. Tomin has gained leadership in one of the most horrible situations.

RepliVeggie
March 13th, 2008, 09:56 PM
we only have 4 ships. The Jaffa still out number us. 1 sweet 304 would still have a pretty tough time facing 40 Ha'tak.

The Odyssey would easily destroy 40 Ha'taks. A normal 304 would likely win too but might have to actually take evasive action.

2ndgenerationalteran
March 13th, 2008, 10:28 PM
normal as in pre-unending or just without a asgard core and ZPM.

RepliVeggie
March 13th, 2008, 10:52 PM
normal as in pre-unending or just without a asgard core and ZPM.

Normal without ZPM. But with Asgard upgrades.

2ndgenerationalteran
March 14th, 2008, 12:07 AM
40 may be a tad to high, the fire power of that many hataks would be enough to cause a hell of alot of problems, but killing 40 of them shouldnt be that hard, maybe about 2 shots each.

RepliVeggie
March 14th, 2008, 12:11 AM
1 shot from the Ori cannons destroyed a Ha'tak I am pretty sure 1 of ours would also.

2ndgenerationalteran
March 14th, 2008, 12:15 AM
i dont know how well a hatak could take a beam of over whelming shield smashing power but the beam is concentrated to a small area. pretty sure it would go up in a shot if its taken head on but if we clip them i think they could survive.

RepliVeggie
March 14th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Yea any ship that gets clipped would likely survive any weapon no matter how powerful. A drone that clips a Ha'tak wouldn't destroy it. (Not impacting and exploding on/inside the ship.)

Anyways even if it was 40 Ori Warships we would win. We would just activate the Death Blossom. And every ship would be destroyed.

2ndgenerationalteran
March 14th, 2008, 12:44 AM
with so many ships i think getting them to shoot carelesly would be best, use friendly fire to help make things easier.

RepliVeggie
March 14th, 2008, 12:47 AM
yea thats a big downside to directed energy weapons. Specially ones that are meant to be 1 shot finishers. There could be 1000 Auroras and the drones fired by real Lanteans would never hit one of their own ships.

YutheGreat
March 14th, 2008, 04:25 PM
I think the Ori will start dissmantling their armies pretty soon. They want to ascend and know killing is not the way. There will be a backlashed with a change this big. There will be big religious void that will need to be filled. There will be depression a sense of lost. Now that the power base of the Ori government the Priors are gone they might end up as Jaffa.

Detox
March 14th, 2008, 08:49 PM
The Ori ships were powered by the Prior who, in turn, drew their power from the Ori/Adria

No more power.

RepliVeggie
March 14th, 2008, 09:50 PM
I don't think they drew their power from the Ori. They just basically evolved them artificially and gave them the staff (technology).

MarshAngel
March 15th, 2008, 06:15 AM

Ori followers have essentially been raised by evil. They have tortured and murdered led by their own faith, which means they, like all humans, can and will do it again with the right motivation. A great motivation: everything they've ever believed is untrue. Nothing matters anymore..not life, not death and they have nothing to look forward to at the end. No more promise of ascension.

It's a momentous and potentially dangerous position to be in...particularly when you don't have any other method like a rational scientific approach to life to fall back on. I doubt they'll be growing in reason anytime soon. They don't have the basis for it.

RepliVeggie
March 15th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Rebuilding socially then. Yea I agree there is a lot of that to be done. Just saying rebuilding makes it sound like physically rebuilding,

Prior_of_the_Ori
March 16th, 2008, 05:01 AM
I don't want to see the Ori coming in and bailing Earth out or hearing people say 'they owe us, we get 100 Ori warships now! with fries!'. They should simply retreat into their own galaxy and rebuild socially and their society. Earth's already got far too much supertech as it is and while I really like the Ori society, it would suck for Stargate's other enemies for using their tech.

I mean there is quite a lot for Tomin and the Priors to do. They have to connect the various worlds together, try to reform Origin into a more peaceful religion, rediscover a way to Ascension, learn their own history more and develop their people from the simple farmers they are as well as try and redeem themselves for the horrors in the past that were committed.