This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ori and Alterans...

I was always under the impression that there was a lot more Alternas/Ancients then there were Ori. Thats why the Ori need the power of there followers to destroy the Ancients. But this movie makes it seem like there are far more Ori then Ancients. I also didn't think that the Ori had already ascended when the Alterans left their galaxy. Which is what the movie makes it seem like. Either that or the religion wasn't started by the Ori post-ascension and formed for some other reason. Post-ascension they realized that the religion was a perfect medium for them to become all powerful. I would think that if the Ori had already ascended they would have just wiped the Alterans out. Unless you can still simply "hide" from ascended beings.

Also it seems to me that it is kinda obvious that being ascended doesn't give you all the knowledge there is to know. Otherwise the Ori would have know the Ark was in the ruins of Ortus Mallum. Makes me really wanna see an in detail story of the Ancients from start to finish.

As for the exodus part, i think the ori out numbered the ancients. When the ancients ascended they joined a much larger collective, but the number of those willing to help were small in number. But i agree i want more to clarify.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
      As for the exodus part, i think the ori out numbered the ancients. When the ancients ascended they joined a much larger collective, but the number of those willing to help were small in number. But i agree i want more to clarify.
      I was thinking more on the lines that millions of years later the Alterans had grown to a much bigger society and by the time of their ascension they out numbered the Ori.

I don't think there was really any other Ascended beings before the Ancients. We know there are higher plains of ascension from what Orlin said but thats it.

Comment

The Ori were majority on their planet. From their point of view, the Alterans were a cult needed to be destroyed.

But hte ascended Ori were a small minority compare to the others ascended beings. You should read an old interview with RCC here on GW. He explains that.
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

I think the Alterans did alot of boning after they left so millions of years later when they had all ascended they outnumbered the ori. That or they ascended slightly differently so theyre slightly more powerful in smaller numbers. Afterall their ascended forms look different, and so did anubis's ascended form and we know he inhabited a different ascended plane than the others.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
            Also it seems to me that it is kinda obvious that being ascended doesn't give you all the knowledge there is to know. Otherwise the Ori would have know the Ark was in the ruins of Ortus Mallum. Makes me really wanna see an in detail story of the Ancients from start to finish.
            An Intelligent Being understands the difference between Knowledge and Wisdom.

Ascending gives you an understanding of the universe and how it works. It doesn't give you access to every thought, of every being who ever lived. Sure an Ascended being can read minds, but that is a conscious thought, not something that just happens just because.

Also even with a larger population a smaller number of Ori would eventually ascend. Religions limit information by design. Therefore a much smaller number would eventually learn to ascend. The Alterans debated, studied and showed each other the final steps. The Leaders of the Ori would keep that information secret from all but the high level leaders.

Comment

Yea I always knew the Ori figured out how to ascend and told no one. And yea I guess I will read the interview I usually steer clear of interviews because I don't want anything spoiled. Not that it happens alot I dunno. Ill read it.

Comment

The Ori don't allow their followers to ascend so their number is fixed. The Ancients continued to ascend and allow others to ascend. Some (Oma) even help others ascend. That's why they started out smaller but eventually outnumber the Ori (If they did at all)
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Also, not all of the ascended beings in the MW are even Ancients.

Comment

Yeah there's people trying to ascend now in the MW and Peagasus.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Also, all of the people of Abydos.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                        I was thinking more on the lines that millions of years later the Alterans had grown to a much bigger society and by the time of their ascension they out numbered the Ori.

I don't think there was really any other Ascended beings before the Ancients. We know there are higher plains of ascension from what Orlin said but thats it.
                        Exactly!
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                        X