This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now for commercials!

Did anyone else notice that the movie seemed to be cut perfectly for the insertion of commercials?

I must have counted 6 times when a scene ended in a such a way and then sorta of abrutly leapt forward again that it's as if they cut the movie in a way so that SCI FI and BBC can air the crap out of it on tv.

I bring it up because I feel it really took away from the scenes as a whole. I mean its suppose to be a dvd, were paying for this, not suppose to have commercials and yet...it felt just like it was suppose to instead!

BBC? They don't even air commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      BBC? They don't even air commercials.

And they don't show Stargate unfortunatly. He must mean Sky One
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Astrofighter View Post
        I must have counted 6 times when a scene ended in a such a way and then sorta of abrutly leapt forward again that it's as if they cut the movie in a way so that SCI FI and BBC can air the crap out of it on tv.

BBC has no adverts or Stargate

Comment

Yeah sky one, sorry, my mistake. I know for fact that sky one does air commercials.

However, screwing up where the movie will be aired in the UK doesnt change the fact of how it was edited down in my opinion. Losing the dramatic possibilites that having a movie format allowed for, instead they tailor cut the film to work as a tv movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Astrofighter View Post
            Yeah sky one, sorry, my mistake. I know for fact that sky one does air commercials.

However, screwing up where the movie will be aired in the UK doesnt change the fact of how it was edited down in my opinion. Losing the dramatic possibilites that having a movie format allowed for, instead they tailor cut the film to work as a tv movie.
            Well if the extra money gained by selling it to TV stations helps in getting more movies then I don't have a problem with them being edited to make that easier
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Working...
            X