This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The IOA in Ark of Truth

Why did the IOA go from being a bureaucratic but well meaning organization practically defined by its aversion to risk to a knock off of the Trust?

We just saw in the season finale of Atlantis how risk averse the IOA is when Woolsey refused to give any aid to the people of Pegasus. But I'm supposed to believe that same organization would loose the Replicators on the Ori galaxy when they wouldn't take the simplest of risks in another?

Originally posted by Onebaseman View Post
    Why did the IOA go from being a bureaucratic but well meaning organization practically defined by its aversion to risk to a knock off of the Trust?

We just saw in the season finale of Atlantis how risk averse the IOA is when Woolsey refused to give any aid to the people of Pegasus. But I'm supposed to believe that same organization would loose the Replicators on the Ori galaxy when they wouldn't take the simplest of risks in another?
    The way the IOA guy (damn suddenly can't remember his name.) explained how someone helped program that crystal, I think the IOA are either being helped in some way or beginning to be taken over by the trust. That particular guy seems to be just trying to be a good soldier following orders no matter the cost.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Onebaseman View Post

I'm sure to the IOA, messing about looking for an Ark that might not even exist while more Ori ships were set to depart to our galaxy was more of a risk that letting replicators loose on the Ori fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        The way the IOA guy (damn suddenly can't remember his name.) explained how someone helped program that crystal, I think the IOA are either being helped in some way or beginning to be taken over by the trust. That particular guy seems to be just trying to be a good soldier following orders no matter the cost.
        I give at least even odds that their "help" came from Baal. Or at least a clone thereof that got left behind.

Comment

After the the whole replicator thing i would have thought that the IOA would be even further removed from any influence.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            I'm sure to the IOA, messing about looking for an Ark that might not even exist while more Ori ships were set to depart to our galaxy was more of a risk that letting replicators loose on the Ori fleet.
            Exactly. I think, as strange as it seems, this WAS their low-risk failsafe.
            Theoretically spoilerish:
            Spoiler:
            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Working...
            X