The music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The music

I love the soundtrack to the Stargates, but usually don't pay much attention to it while watching. But the music in the Last Man really stood out to me for some reason. It just went perfectly with the flashbacks and really fit the mood of melancholy and hopelessness. And I don't recall if it ever even stopped.

Anyway thanks to the composers and musicians who did a fantastic job.

Yeah, I loved the music in TLM. This season had some really great music. Guess that only working on one show helped...

Comment

It was good

Comment

yup Joel did a great job! I especially liked the music when Sam dies, it's really amazing imo
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

The music throughout the episode was all great.
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

The chorus when Shep steps onto that balcony and looks out over the desert is haunting and amazing.
            Theoretically spoilerish:
            Spoiler:
            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Agreed, the music in this episode was really fantastic. I'd love to get my hands on a copy of it.
              It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
              --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                yup Joel did a great job! I especially liked the music when Sam dies, it's really amazing imo
                defo thatg bit stood out for me the most
                sigpic
                [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

I can't think of another episode that has had such good music, the only other thing I can think of where I thought WOW that music fitted so well it made it super awesome wicked cool would be the music in Transformers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                    I also agree, that section of music was soooooo awesome! I wish I had the cd!

Comment

didn't Mallozzi mention in his blog that Goldsmith had recorded new stuff solely for TLM?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                        didn't Mallozzi mention in his blog that Goldsmith had recorded new stuff solely for TLM?
                        he said
                        Ltcolshepjumper writes: “Can you be so kind as to possibly release the score for The Last Man? maybe on the DVD?”

Answer: Hey, I’d release a new DVD at the end of every season if it were up to me. I’m a big Joel Goldsmith fan. And speaking of Joel, I’m sure you’ll all agree he did a tremendous job on The Last Man. The score that accompanies Carter’s final battle is nothing short of extraordinary.
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Yes, I agree the music for "The Last Man", was very fitting as it set the right tone to all the scenes. Hope it gets nominated for some awards.

LS

Comment

Yes, the music was outstanding! And like people have said above, the music in Sam's scene was the best. I'd like to see them release the scores at least on Gateworld so we can download them to an MP3 player. I can't imagine it would be that hard to set up and the PTB could make some money becuase I know I would download them!
                            Atlantis Girl

Go to this link to help us keep the wraith on Atlantis - http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/

please sign the save Elizabeth petition to keep her on Atlantis to!
                            http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savedrelizabethweir/

Comment

Working...
                            X