This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien 5

is it true there is going to be an Alien 5 Movie????
    sigpic

i don't know, but i reeeaaalyy hope so

have u seen any of the other Aliens?
    what did u think of them?
    did u see alien Vs Preditor?
    sigpic
    Class of 2004-2009!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zonks View Post
      i don't know, but i reeeaaalyy hope so

have u seen any of the other Aliens?
      what did u think of them?
      did u see alien Vs Preditor?
      Seen them all, Alien Aliens are brilliant Alien 3 ok Alien Resurection is really bad.

AVP1 is good but AVP 2 is really bad its only rated a 15 in the uk so all the killing is in the dark and you dont get as much blood and gore as with the original films. Preditor 1 and 2 rock.
      sigpic

Comment

Gee, Alien 5. Let's see how much more/worse we can *******ize the franchise.

Alien was awesome. Aliens was more awesome. Alien 3 was a joke. I never bothered with Resurrection.

Predator is awesome. Predator 2 was less awesome. Not even Danny Glover could save it.

AvP was pretty lame. So much lost potential.
        AvP2 was horribly lame. It had way more blood which was great, but it was all in the dark so it didn't matter.
        What AvP needs is Aliens & Predators, and NO HUMANS.

Comment

Just Alien, Aliens and Predator for me. The rest aren't worth mentioning. Alien vs Predator would work with a sensible script.

Comment

It really wouldn't surprise me one bit if they made another Alien movie.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

They've already made a fifth movie, it's called Alien vs. Predator.
              1. Alien
              2. Aliens
              3. Alien 3
              4. Alien Resurrection
              5. Alien vs. Predator
              6. Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem

There was talk of a fifth Alien movie, but that was scrapped in favor of an AVP movie, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                They've already made a fifth movie, it's called Alien vs. Predator.
                1. Alien
                2. Aliens
                3. Alien 3
                4. Alien Resurrection
                5. Alien vs. Predator
                6. Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem

There was talk of a fifth Alien movie, but that was scrapped in favor of an AVP movie, sorry.
                i consider AVPs to be in the predator chronology...

anyway, why is everyone so mean to alien3?? has anyone actually seen the directors cut? it's superior!!
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

People don't like Alien 3, because it killed off Hicks, Newt, and Bishop before they woke up from cryo sleep. After that, it was a lame prison movie. The only likable character is Ripley. I didn't find myself caring about the prisoners when the Alien got them, because they were all killers and rapists already condemned to prison. I'm not saying the prisoners deserved it, it's just hard to be upset over an alien killing a serial killer... Ultimately, I don't like prison movies, that's my main issue with the movie.

You may consider AVP to be part of the Predator chronology, but the movies are all part of one chronology. AVP serves as sequels to Predator and prequels to Alien. I can't comment on AVP2 as I haven't seen it yet, but AVP1 makes heavy references to the Alien saga. Since it features the Aliens from that film saga, it's officially an Alien movie. Now, you could say that it's a spin-off, not an official sequel/prequel, like how Atlantis is a spin-off of SG-1 and not a direct continuation. In that case, I'd agree with you since the premise has changed so drastically. However, 20th Century FOX seems to be happy with the crossover concept, so there won't be a solo Alien or Predator movie while they're making these AVP movies.

Comment

Alien = Rules
                    Aliens = Rules even more
                    Alien 3 = Meh at best
                    Alien 4 = Oh my god that sucked
                    AvP = Fairly decent
                    AvP2 = alright, some good action but as an Alien & Predator Movie it sucked quite a bit.

Predator = Bloody brilliant
                    Predator 2 = fairly poor.

Comment

Sigourney Weaver's expressed interest in reprising her role as Ripley for a possible 5th instalment in the main Alien series, although the studio execs don't seem to be in any hurry to fund it since they currently appear to be focusing on the AvP franchise instead, using the logic that it's better to market not one but two big names simulataneously as it'd likely generate more profits.

That being said, I actually enjoyed both instalments of AvP to date. Sure, they weren't Aliens quality, but they still entertained me quite a fair bit once I'd turned off my brain, and I was personally quite impressed with Requiem considering the fact that it operated on a budget that was roughly 2/3rds that of the original, which was already fairly low by today's standards.

Anyways, if you really want your Alien or Predator fix (or even both), you might want to consider checking out some of the comics by Dark Horse if you haven't done so already. They're currently releasing them in Omnibus format for an affordable price, and some of the stories are pretty entertaining although non-canon, and you actually get to see just how powerful a Space Jockey vessel is to boot.

Comment

Hell they have resurrected Rambo, Rocky, Indiana Jones...why not do Alien and have connect 4?

Comment

dont badmouth alien 3 intill you see the directors cut there about another 40 minutes were it explains everything sets up the movie and makes bonds with the characters the one they used for the actual film was laughable
                          if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
                            dont badmouth alien 3 intill you see the directors cut there about another 40 minutes were it explains everything sets up the movie and makes bonds with the characters the one they used for the actual film was laughable
                            I have seen it, I have them all on DVD, it still sucks, it had so much potential but it all got totally wasted.

Comment

i pretty much liked all of them, they are all quite different, so theres something in each that makes it quite good

Comment

Working...
                              X