PDA

View Full Version : Happy w/ Enterprise...

Elwe Singollo
October 22nd, 2004, 09:40 PM
Anyone else happy with even the big budget cut Enterprise has gotten with the way they are dealing with special effects and other things? Imo, the 'hand to hand combat' fights are better than before, or i just have missed the 'good ones' hehe...

Slainte
October 23rd, 2004, 04:49 AM
I enjoyed last night's episode. Less money for special effects sometimes means more effort in character development. I really do have high hopes for this season.

I have to admit, though, I'm Vulcan biased. :)

David85
October 23rd, 2004, 08:21 AM
Crap! I forgot about it! Was it the Data episode?!

yaaayoubetcha
October 23rd, 2004, 08:29 AM
I liked it....

you could tell there was a drop in the CGI budget just looking at it, but the actual story and more prudent use of the CGI more than offset the Amiga500 looking look to it....

not that i'm knocking Amigas....loved em....

and no....last night was not the Brent Spiner ep. he's on next week for a 3 week arc.

Elwe Singollo
October 23rd, 2004, 09:14 AM
I didn't really care for the special effects scenes newho, I still loved seeing the big crowd, the Vulcan world (or at least parts of it), , i really liked, t'pols mom :D I liked Tucker and the mom (sorry i just forgot her name) conversations. but was ruined when Cas (sp?) came.

Erik Pasternak
October 23rd, 2004, 11:34 AM
Mom's name was T'Les and yeah, I liked her and Tucker's interaction. Last night's episode was great and I'm looking forward to the Data episodes, which begin next week with "Borderland"

Daniel Jackson
October 23rd, 2004, 12:11 PM
Data won't be on Enterprise. :p Brent Spiner will be playing Arik Soong, the great-great-grandfather of Dr. Noonian Soong, the creater of Data.

David85
October 23rd, 2004, 05:20 PM
He will always be Data to me. :)

Elwe Singollo
October 24th, 2004, 12:32 AM
He will always be Data to me. :)I know how you feel, because me too :D I'm glad they are able to do things without the word 'prequel' limiting them, well not a lot that is :)

DownFallAngel
October 24th, 2004, 07:00 AM
They need more Romulan involvement. I would love to see a take on the Federation Romulan Wars, and the creating of the nuetral zone.

Greesha
October 24th, 2004, 08:01 AM
i prefer character development to explosions, so i like enterprise just the way it is.

Markey2
October 24th, 2004, 08:17 AM
I am sooo pleased with how Enterprise has turned out, Home was great, the next few episodes Augment episodes sound like they'll be great, and the spoilers I've read about later episodes makes this sound like one promising series. If only Enterprise had been like this from the beginning I think it would have kept a lot of people happy.

Brendan
October 24th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Imo, the 'hand to hand combat' fights are better than before, or i just have missed the 'good ones' hehe...

Enterprise has some of the worst choreographed fights I've ever seen on TV. They're just really, really bad. All it is is just people holding onto each other while occasionally getting a punch in. They're bad.

Their space battles are good, it's just the hand-to-hand combat that's bad.

David85
October 24th, 2004, 12:16 PM
I am sooo pleased with how Enterprise has turned out, Home was great, the next few episodes Augment episodes sound like they'll be great, and the spoilers I've read about later episodes makes this sound like one promising series. If only Enterprise had been like this from the beginning I think it would have kept a lot of people happy.

Well they didn't have Coto until now. Too little too late, but it should help a little. Enough to save the show? Who knows, but I doubt it.

Elwe Singollo
October 24th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Unfortunately, the ratings are bad, but its still doing better than the stuff UPN used to schedule there :)

Tom Servo
October 24th, 2004, 02:46 PM
They need more Romulan involvement. I would love to see a take on the Federation Romulan Wars, and the creating of the nuetral zone.

You will love the new episode, Babel 1 then. It is a take on Journey to Babel, which was an episode in TOS. It was stated that the romulans, will make an appearence in this episode. It is possible that this could lead into the Earth-Romulan War. :eek: :cool:

DownFallAngel
October 24th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Yes, I read it on Trektoday.com

http://www.trektoday.com/news/231004_02.shtml

David85
October 24th, 2004, 05:23 PM
So that time travel trash is really over? So who was future guy?

DownFallAngel
October 24th, 2004, 06:10 PM
They are going to handle 'ShadowFutureGuy' later on. FOr now the Temperal Cold War is over.

David85
October 24th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Well that's good, FG was crap.

I think they should end Enterprise and start a new Trek with the B5 creator, Manny Coto, the good DS9 guy and some fourth guy.

Fire everyone else. And start the show on CBS AND UPN.

DownFallAngel
October 24th, 2004, 07:11 PM
CBS is no. UPN is no. SCIFI is yes.

David85
October 25th, 2004, 04:28 AM
I was being realilistic being that UPN and CBS are owed by the same people and the people who own Sci-Fi are idiots.

Kliggins
October 25th, 2004, 06:18 AM
So far this season I have liked what I have seen. I like a well done fight in the proper context, but I also like character development.

Critter
October 25th, 2004, 08:11 AM
So far this season I have liked what I have seen. I like a well done fight in the proper context, but I also like character development.
I am really loving Trip and Captain Archer is good too but T'Pol is just driving me crazy. Don't really care for her character since she got "sick". Maybe I'm not supposed to.

joshing123
October 25th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Enterprise has some of the worst choreographed fights I've ever seen on TV.

The one between Archer & the reptile Xindi in last season's finale was pretty good. I loved it when he put the explosive on him!

The first 2 eps this season were okay, but I liked last Fridays - particularly the Trip/T'Pol/Vulcan storyline. I thought her mother, T'Les, was a little emotional, but I guess if they were logic zombies we'd probably get a little bored with them (I think there's an overestimation of how stiff the Vulcan's should be by many fans). Even Koss, who didn't really show any emotion, was obviously manipulative.

Kliggins
October 25th, 2004, 08:35 AM
I am really loving Trip and Captain Archer is good too but T'Pol is just driving me crazy. Don't really care for her character since she got "sick". Maybe I'm not supposed to.

Gotta agree with you there Critter. T'Pol has always been a hard character for me to get into, but I am not sure why. The same think goes for Hoshi too.

aschen
October 25th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Less money for effects = more time spent on plot lines

KayMan2k
October 25th, 2004, 09:09 AM
I was being realilistic being that UPN and CBS are owed by the same people and the people who own Sci-Fi are idiots.

NBC owns SciFi.
(NBC bought Universal which owns SciFi).

Does CBS actually own UPN or just some sort of partnership? I noticed that a few years ago all original UPN news was replaced by CBS.

Elwe Singollo
October 25th, 2004, 11:12 AM
NBC owns SciFi.
(NBC bought Universal which owns SciFi).

Does CBS actually own UPN or just some sort of partnership? I noticed that a few years ago all original UPN news was replaced by CBS.Yes, CBS does. Do a search about it, you'll eventually find something :)

Slainte
October 25th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Gotta agree with you there Critter. T'Pol has always been a hard character for me to get into, but I am not sure why. The same think goes for Hoshi too.
I didn't like T'Pol at first, but watching "Home" I really did think she did a fabulous job. She "burns" inside. JB does a great job of showing the burning inferno of T'Pol. T'Pol is caught between Vulcan family needs and her own inclinations. What is there to come in the future?

I continue to have high hopes for this season.

Critter
October 25th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Please. Let's not even talk about Hoshi. I think I would have been better equiped for that journey than she.

You know when T'Pol started bugging me was when Jolene Blalock was on Stargate. The characters are so similar to me that I can't seem to get past it. When I watch her on Enterprise I see Ishta and when she is Ishta I see T'Pol. I wish one of them would just lighten up a bit!!! :D :D :D

LordAnubis
October 25th, 2004, 03:01 PM
He will always be Data to me. :)
Hey, don't forget, he played Dr. Okin in ID4 and he also played some farting dude in Master of Disguise (an awful movie). But to me, he'll always be Data too.

LordAnubis
October 25th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Please. Let's not even talk about Hoshi. I think I would have been better equiped for that journey than she.

You know when T'Pol started bugging me was when Jolene Blalock was on Stargate. The characters are so similar to me that I can't seem to get past it. When I watch her on Enterprise I see Ishta and when she is Ishta I see T'Pol. I wish one of them would just lighten up a bit!!! :D :D :D
She's hotter as Ishta, IMO :) Maybe it's the longer, lighter hair! :)

Critter
October 25th, 2004, 03:03 PM
I didn't like T'Pol at first, but watching "Home" I really did think she did a fabulous job. She "burns" inside. JB does a great job of showing the burning inferno of T'Pol. T'Pol is caught between Vulcan family needs and her own inclinations. What is there to come in the future?

I know T'Pol is burning inside. I understand she was sick and that now she has issues but she isn't dealing with them. I mean, come on, Trip is just so ready to help her out...I don't know the whole thing is just so off to me. Either she is a Vulcan and can supress her emotions or she's not and she can let go. I feel so uncomfortable around her.... :o :o

Critter
October 25th, 2004, 03:04 PM
She's hotter as Ishta, IMO :) Maybe it's the longer, lighter hair! :)
Or it could be the outfits she wears..... :S

LordAnubis
October 25th, 2004, 03:07 PM

Great insight! I agree all the way. At first, I thought she was off for a Vulcan, but "Home" made me realize that I really do like her character and the fact that she can, from time-to-time, express emotions makes me like her more than other Vulcans. I also liked T'pol's mother and felt Commander Tucker's character was less grating. Usually, I find him to be too "human" and too emotional, especially for a guy. However, in "Home", he seemed to be less emotional and more "together", if that makes any sense. I really liked the episode and how they dealt with the characters. I also liked the female Captain and felt she will make a fine line officer. She won't be a Janeway, but still, I love seeing strong female officers in Starfleet.

I'm hoping this upcoming season will be good. If the first three episodes are any indicator, then I think Enterprise will have restored my faith in the ST franchise. I'm looking forward to the Arik Soong episodes too (I think there will be 3 of them)! Also, from what I heard, there will be some tie-in to the Eugenics wars and Klingons or something. I also heard that there might be a link or mention of Khan (from Space Seed and Wrath of Khan). Anyone else hear this?

LordAnubis
October 25th, 2004, 03:11 PM
I heard this is coming, but remember, they first discovered the Romulans in the original series, so this would be yet another violation of canon if they did as you suggested. I hear they might have Gorn and other TOS aliens in upcoming episodes. I'd like to see that!

DownFallAngel
October 25th, 2004, 03:34 PM
I heard this is coming, but remember, they first discovered the Romulans in the original series, so this would be yet another violation of canon if they did as you suggested. I hear they might have Gorn and other TOS aliens in upcoming episodes. I'd like to see that!

Actually, they already discovered Romulus. It was in that episode where the NX-01 entered the minefield.

LordAnubis
October 25th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Actually, they already discovered Romulus. It was in that episode where the NX-01 entered the minefield.
Yep, that's true, dude, but they didn't really know who they were at that point, although, for some reason, didn't T'Pol seem to know, but didn't say anything? If I remember the episode where Kirk's crew encounters their first Romulans, they were all pretty surprised that they looked like Vulcans, even Spock. So, maybe, after they left Vulcan, the Vulcans didn't care much about them and didn't know about them until much later. I really don't know the exact timeline, so if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it, but I seem to recall that in the episode you're referring to, they were just some unnamed aliens, who just happened to be Romulans.

DownFallAngel
October 25th, 2004, 04:53 PM
We knew they were Romulans. And T'Pol knew they were Romulans, but she said nothing. This was in Season 2 I think.

DownFallAngel
October 25th, 2004, 04:55 PM
The episode is MINEFIELD. You can check it out here.

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/ENT/episode/125700.html

Tom Servo
October 25th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Yep, that's true, dude, but they didn't really know who they were at that point, although, for some reason, didn't T'Pol seem to know, but didn't say anything? If I remember the episode where Kirk's crew encounters their first Romulans, they were all pretty surprised that they looked like Vulcans, even Spock. So, maybe, after they left Vulcan, the Vulcans didn't care much about them and didn't know about them until much later. I really don't know the exact timeline, so if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it, but I seem to recall that in the episode you're referring to, they were just some unnamed aliens, who just happened to be Romulans.

Starfleet already knew about the rommies in kirks time. They even fought a war agianst them. The problem was that starfleet had no physical description on what the romulans look like. They can introduce the romulans, but the crew can't see their faces.

LordAnubis
October 25th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Starfleet already knew about the rommies in kirks time. They even fought a war agianst them. The problem was that starfleet had no physical description on what the romulans look like. They can introduce the romulans, but the crew can't see their faces.
True, true...sorry, I forgot about that. Did the Vulcans know what they looked like?

yaaayoubetcha
October 26th, 2004, 06:07 AM
True, true...sorry, I forgot about that. Did the Vulcans know what they looked like?

there is some debate on that. In Minefield T'Pol seemed to recognize them, or perhaps just thought she recognized them from Vulcan history...they do look Vulcan but don't suppress their emotions....

in TOS however, even Spock looked/admitted surprise at their appearance.

i can see an ongoing story line leading up to the romulan wars without Earth ever knowing they're romulans until the history is being written....as pointed out, star fleet had no indication of what romulans looked like that long after the war so things could come to a head and resolve before everybody really knew what was going on for both sides.

edit *** yay 200 posts *** edit

Tom Servo
October 26th, 2004, 01:21 PM
I think maybe the vulcans knew about the romulans, but kept everything hush hush because it was a part of their history they were trying to forget.

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 27th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Like when Archer is with Daniels in the future.

"The Romulan Star Empire?"
Then Daniels says something about that he can't look at it.

DownFallAngel
October 27th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Wasn't that from Shockwave 2 or something?

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 27th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Either that or Shockwave Part 2, I believe.

Erik Pasternak
October 27th, 2004, 03:59 PM
So who was future guy?ShadowMaat!:D

Teal'c
October 27th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Data won't be on Enterprise. :p Brent Spiner will be playing Arik Soong, the great-great-grandfather of Dr. Noonian Soong, the creater of Data.
Where does KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! fit into all of this, or does he? (I haven't seen TMP or TWOK :P)

Anyway, tis great to see Brent Spiner back (I remember that episode of Friends last season he was in, I just kept shouting "Data! Data! It's Data! That's Data! He's Data!" ... maybe it would be best if I never ran into Brent Spiner :P)

So far Home > Season opener Pt 2 > Season opener Pt 1 > Rest of show :P

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 27th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Isn't Khan's last name Soong?

Erik Pasternak
October 27th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Isn't Khan's last name Soong?
Khan's last name was Singh, not Soong.

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 28th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Khan's last name was Singh, not Soong.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Thanks, i didn't know.

Daniel Jackson
October 28th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Where does KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! fit into all of this, or does he? (I haven't seen TMP or TWOK :P)
Khan and his followers are genetic "super men" from the Eugenics War of the 1990's (I know it didn't happen, but the original show was in the 60's, so for Trek, it happened in the 90's :p ). In a Star Trek Season 1 episode called "Space Seed," the Enterprise discovered a sleeper ship called Bontany Bay. Can't remember most of the episode, but at the end, Khan and his followers tried to take over the ship, but Kirk stopped them. Rather than spent their lives in prison, Kirk showed compassion and decided to maroon them on a peaceful world with the cargo bays from their ship to use as a home. 19 years later (Khan says it's 15, but if ya do the math, it's 19), Captain Terrell and 1st Officer Chekov stumble across Ceti Alpha V, thinking it was Ceti Alpha VI (long story). One thing lead to another, Khan hijacked the Reliant, and... well, go rent the movie. :D Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 28th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Khan and his followers are genetic "super men" from the Eugenics War of the 1990's (I know it didn't happen, but the original show was in the 60's, so for Trek, it happened in the 90's :p ). In a Star Trek Season 1 episode called "Space Seed," the Enterprise discovered a sleeper ship called Bontany Bay. Can't remember most of the episode, but at the end, Khan and his followers tried to take over the ship, but Kirk stopped them. Rather than spent their lives in prison, Kirk showed compassion and decided to maroon them on a peaceful world with the cargo bays from their ship to use as a home. 19 years later (Khan says it's 15, but if ya do the math, it's 19), Captain Terrell and 1st Officer Chekov stumble across Ceti Alpha V, thinking it was Ceti Alpha VI (long story). One thing lead to another, Khan hijacked the Reliant, and... well, go rent the movie. :D Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

Excellent synopsis!

Do you remember in Hatchery, when Archer says that his great-grandfather fought in the Eugenics War in North Africa? When he and his opponent let a nearby school escape? That....well....doesn't make sense. Was he fighting against a Eugenic?

Daniel Jackson
October 28th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Some fans think that the "Eugenics War" is WW3, others say it's a war of the 90's before WW3. Archer's Great-Grandpa would'a been alive durring WW3, Archer's Great-Great-Grandpa would'a been arround durring the Eugenics War, so one could decude that Archer didn't feel like saying great twice. ;)

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 28th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Oh, well. I couldn't figure out the family timeline, because I didn't know what year Archer was born.

joshing123
October 28th, 2004, 01:41 PM
I read somewhere that they're actually going to make the Eugenics war more recent to the show so that Soong would have been involved. Now I know some people hate them messing w/it, but I think that considering we lived through the 90s & know it didn't happen that it's understandable to make it happen later in time (didn't DS9 push the war back too in that 2-parter where they went back in time?).

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 28th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Are you talking about the 3 episode story arc in Enterprise that's comin up?

joshing123
October 28th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Are you talking about the 3 episode story arc in Enterprise that's comin up?

Yes. I think I read it at Zap2 it.

edited to add the link

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|91457|1|,00.html

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 28th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Or here (http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/ENT/episode/6485.html)

DownFallAngel
October 28th, 2004, 04:34 PM
I can't beleive they are bringing in the Orin Syndicate. Those guys are badass, and where only touched upon in DS9. This season keeps getting better and better.

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 28th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Wait--are you disappointed or excited?

DownFallAngel
October 28th, 2004, 05:10 PM
EXCITED! They totally try and kill everyone! They are badass to the max! I was so disappointed that they were only mentioned here and there DS9.

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 28th, 2004, 05:29 PM
I'm actually excited, too. On startrek.com the pictures for an Orion woman were hot!.

Erik Pasternak
October 28th, 2004, 06:17 PM
I'm actually excited, too. On startrek.com the pictures for an Orion woman were hot!.
I think "hot!" might be somewhat of an understatement.

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 28th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Very true.

Daniel Jackson
October 28th, 2004, 09:36 PM
I read somewhere that they're actually going to make the Eugenics war more recent to the show so that Soong would have been involved. Now I know some people hate them messing w/it, but I think that considering we lived through the 90s & know it didn't happen that it's understandable to make it happen later in time (didn't DS9 push the war back too in that 2-parter where they went back in time?).
First off, the "augments" AKA "supermen" that Soong has "brought to life" started out as emrbios in stasis left over from the Eugenics War, so there's no way Soong was involved. As for messing with the timeline, I think it's very retarded to change the time setting of the war to match "our timeline." If people can't seperate fiction from reallity and realise the Trek timeline does not have to match our own, then thas there problem. Thas not intented toward you, just toward fans in general. As for DS9, "Past Tense" had nothing to do with the Eugenics War. It was just some ficitional historrical event.

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 28th, 2004, 09:48 PM
All these big paragraphs are confusing me.

Erik Pasternak
October 28th, 2004, 09:48 PM
First off, the "augments" AKA "supermen" that Soong has "brought to life" started out as emrbios in stasis left over from the Eugenics War, so there's no way Soong was involved. As for messing with the timeline, I think it's very retarded to change the time setting of the war to match "our timeline." If people can't seperate fiction from reallity and realise the Trek timeline does not have to match our own, then thas there problem. Thas not intented toward you, just toward fans in general. As for DS9, "Past Tense" had nothing to do with the Eugenics War. It was just some ficitional historrical event.
I read the Zap2It article, and it did say that they were changing the time period of the War, but I don't buy it. As for the whole "Past Tense" issue, as Daniel Jackson said, it was not based around the Eugenics wars, but rather around the Bell Riots, which focused on starting more social welfare programs for the poor.

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 28th, 2004, 10:05 PM
For someone who doesn't know what the Bell Riots are, could you tell me what the Bell Riots were?

Madeleine
October 28th, 2004, 10:40 PM
In the 'past' that Sisko, Bashir and Dax fell into (was it something like 2005?) there was a system rather like the c19 english Poor Laws. Anyone who couldn't afford to support their families / couldn't get work / was a vagrant / couldn't show ID (as was the case for Bashir and Sisko) was sent to enclosed neighbourhoods where they were fed (only just) and that was about it. They weren't alloed out, so there was no way to break the cycle. Desperate poverty, hunger, incarceration and lack of medical care obviously caused unrest - Joshua Bell who was supposed to start the riots got killed in an argument over food soon after Sisko and Bashir arrived.

The Riot started when a gang of restless inmates kidnapped a few civillians. In 'original' history Bell had been the one who kept the hostages from being killed and negotiated with the authorities to look again at the way the poor were treated. In 'revised' history Sisko took on Bell's role.

It's been a while since I saw Past Tense, so if anyone fancies correcting anything I wrote, fire away :)

Erik Pasternak
October 28th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Yay! I'm gonna correct a mod! It was actually 2024 (the beginning of September, in case you were curious). And Gabriel (not Joshua) Bell was not supposed to start the riots (that was done by the ghosts, who were the ones who had not accepted life in the sanctuary district), he just protected the hostages (from the ghosts). It was really because of his efforts that the rules were changed. He 'died' saving the hostages, so it was only fitting that the riots be named after him.

Madeleine
October 29th, 2004, 02:15 AM
Sanctuaries! I was racking (wracking?) my brain for the word, hanks!2024? I stand corrected.

Past Tense was the point at which I felt DS9 really started to come into its own. I'd heartilly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

joshing123
October 29th, 2004, 08:31 AM
As for DS9, "Past Tense" had nothing to do with the Eugenics War. It was just some ficitional historrical event.

I admit it's been awhile since I've watched TOS, but I mentioned the Past Tense episode because for some reason I seem to recall that WWIII should have happened by now according to TOS (or maybe NG??), but in that DS9 episode it hadn't (or hadn't had the destructive impact that was indicated on the show) so they screwed w/the originial timeline too. Of course I could be way off since First Contact was so far in the future & they hadn't recovered yet.

As for the timeline of the Eugenics war, I'm just saying what they're apparently doing. It really doesn't matter to me either way, I'm not a stickler for TOS history, but I don't care that's in real life it's obviously incorrect.

joshing123
October 29th, 2004, 08:33 AM
Sanctuaries! I was racking (wracking?) my brain for the word, hanks!2024? I stand corrected.

Same here. I was trying so hard to remember what they were called yesterday when I wrote the original post!

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 29th, 2004, 09:06 AM
At least I know what the Bell Riots are.

Erik Pasternak
October 29th, 2004, 02:09 PM
May I present proof (http://www.trektoday.com/news/281004_04.shtml) that the ST timeline regarding the Eugenics Wars has not been altered with.

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 29th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Oh, I see.

DownFallAngel
October 29th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Did anyone notice that in SF2, archer said "Fire the photons."? Last time I checked, they didn't have them. But in tonights episode, Borderland, they are back to torpedos. So which is it?! Photons, or torpedos!?

Also, Borderland...was kinda...I don't know. Had alot of inconsitencies. Alot of stuff didn't seem to make sense.

Mio
October 29th, 2004, 05:37 PM
They got Photons when they went back to Earth and learned about the attack. I think it might have been the last ep. of season 2.

Anyway. I really liked tonights Episode. I enjoyed it more than most of the others thus far.

Erik Pasternak
October 29th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Actually, it's not photon torpedoes, but photonic, which means they are supposed to be less advanced. Enterprise now carrys both photonic torpedoes and spacial torpedoes (the ones from seasons 1 & 2).

David85
October 29th, 2004, 06:02 PM
May I present proof (http://www.trektoday.com/news/281004_04.shtml) that the ST timeline regarding the Eugenics Wars has not been altered with.

Just every other Star Trek event has!

GeneralJackO'Neill
October 29th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Actually, it's not photon torpedoes, but photonic, which means they are supposed to be less advanced. Enterprise now carrys both photonic torpedoes and spacial torpedoes (the ones from seasons 1 & 2).
I was gonna say that.

blueiris
November 2nd, 2004, 06:45 AM
Happy me - an Enterprise thread! - I'm having a hard time with the time change, I'm usually running to the TV 10 minutes after the episode starts.

I have a question and I don't know if I need spoiler space so
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
I watched the episode where T-Pol was getting married, and her mother talked to Tripp, then....didn't it go off? I thought it continued the next week, but I never saw anything, unless I forgot to watch (darned time change). Or did I miss a scene? Did she get married? Did Tripp say anything? If anyone could answer this for me I would really appreciate it.

I enjoyed Enterprise all along, I love Archer as Captain, and think it is getting better and better.

DownFallAngel
November 2nd, 2004, 06:53 AM
T'Pol is married. It was revealed in Borderland, when Tripp asked T'Pol "How was the honeymoon?"

Vapor
November 2nd, 2004, 01:15 PM
Well, the marriage actually took place in the final scene of "Home" and then they talked about it in "Borderland," which took place a few weeks later. Looks like you missed it.

joshing123
November 2nd, 2004, 01:49 PM
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
I watched the episode where T-Pol was getting married, and her mother talked to Tripp, then....didn't it go off?

As the others said, the marriage did happen, but you also missed a really nice T/T moment (if you like those).

GeneralJackO'Neill
November 2nd, 2004, 02:36 PM
Cold Station 12 looks good. Than 'The Augments' is after that.

Erik Pasternak
November 3rd, 2004, 12:44 PM
All the episodes so far this season are looking awesome. Personally, I can't wait for "Deadalus."

GeneralJackO'Neill
November 3rd, 2004, 02:13 PM
Yep. And there's gonna be a Dadaelus on SG1 or is it Atlantis?

DownFallAngel
November 3rd, 2004, 04:12 PM
Its going to appear in SGA, but will most likely be mentioned in SG1 as well.

Vapor
November 4th, 2004, 08:33 AM
I notice they do that a lot. SG and ST. Using the same ep titles....

IT'S A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!!!!

Vapor
November 4th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Okay, here comes some severe spoilers for ENT. Let's see if I can get this nifty white-out thing to work right...

Ever since STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE debuted in 2001, fans have clamored to see the origins of the Human-Romulan conflict known as the Romulan Wars, set by previous series as within the show's time period. Until now, only "Minefield" ventured into Romulan territory (literally). Executive producer Manny Coto is set to change all that early next year.

Following up on the events in the episode "Babel One" (story), in which Andorians and Tellarites board Enterprise for a conference that becomes sidetracked by Romulan interference, "United" will ambitiously tackle what could be the very prelude to the Romulan Wars themselves.

[Mod snip - visit http://www.trekweb.com/ to find the rest of the story]

Hot diggity-dog! This is fantastic! It looks like they really are covering all the bases here! Also happy to hear about Lt. Talas. I loved her in "Proving Ground." Wow, this season really IS looking good. I just hope, somewhere in here, they find time for Travis... I mean, seriously...

Daniel Jackson
November 4th, 2004, 10:38 AM
This all sounds good, but people, please stop calling it the Romulan Wars. There was only one Romulan War in the 2150's.

David85
November 4th, 2004, 11:20 AM
"Ever since STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE debuted in 2001..."

At that time it was Enterprise, they added Star Trek to try to get the ratings up.

Erik Pasternak
November 4th, 2004, 11:54 AM

At that time it was Enterprise, they added Star Trek to try to get the ratings up.
But it is called Star Trek: Enterprise now, so it should be referred to accordingly.

Madeleine
November 4th, 2004, 12:17 PM
What do you call something when it's changed its name but you wish to reference the period when it had its former name?

Soviet Official: Where where you born?
Old woman: St Petersburg
Soviet Official: Where where you schooled?
Old woman: Petrograd
Soviet Official: Where do you live?
Old woman: Stalingrad
Soviet Official: Where do you want to live?
Old woman: St Petersburg

It's a quandary.

GeneralJackO'Neill
November 4th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Okay, here comes some severe spoilers for ENT. Let's see if I can get this nifty white-out thing to work right...

Ever since STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE debuted in 2001, fans have clamored to see the origins of the Human-Romulan conflict known as the Romulan Wars, set by previous series as within the show's time period. Until now, only "Minefield" ventured into Romulan territory (literally). Executive producer Manny Coto is set to change all that early next year.

Following up on the events in the episode "Babel One" (story), in which Andorians and Tellarites board Enterprise for a conference that becomes sidetracked by Romulan interference, "United" will ambitiously tackle what could be the very prelude to the Romulan Wars themselves.

[Mod snip - visit http://www.trekweb.com/ to find the rest of the story]

Hot diggity-dog! This is fantastic! It looks like they really are covering all the bases here! Also happy to hear about Lt. Talas. I loved her in "Proving Ground." Wow, this season really IS looking good. I just hope, somewhere in here, they find time for Travis... I mean, seriously...

Sweet! That's too cool!

Daniel Jackson
November 4th, 2004, 11:33 PM

I'm aware of that, but the show's official name is now Star Trek: Enterprise, thus I see no reason to refer to it by it's old name. :p

Elwe Singollo
November 4th, 2004, 11:40 PM
The only reason why 'I' would say "Enterprise" instead of its new name, "Star Trek: Enterprise" is because its faster, haha...

David85
November 5th, 2004, 10:58 AM
I'm aware of that, but the show's official name is now Star Trek: Enterprise, thus I see no reason to refer to it by it's old name. :p

Because if you are talking about how it was back in 2001 the name add on didn't happen yet. Thus that is thy reason to refer it as tis old name. :P

Lexx
November 5th, 2004, 12:26 PM
I just call it "Enterprise" no matter what year I'm referring to. Just like how I refer to the oringinal series as "TOS", The Next Generation as "TNG", Deep Space Nine as "DS9" and Voyager as, well, "Voyager". It's easier that way.

Erik Pasternak
November 5th, 2004, 06:44 PM
I agree with Elwe and Lexx. Most of the time, I call it Enterprise, just like I call SG-1 "SG-1" and Atlantis "Atlantis," I don't put stargate in front of it (unless trying to be formal ;)). On another note, I just finished watching "Cold Station 12." It was a truely great episode, definitly superior to last week's episode. Brent Spiner gave an absolutely wonderful preformance, showing that he is capable of so much as an actor. The episode had wonderful pacing, I felt like I sat down to watch the episode and then immediately stood up because it was over. Only problem is, the time until next Friday is not going to seem as fast.

Elwe Singollo
November 5th, 2004, 07:53 PM
I saw the part 2 of last weeks Enterprise, and i thought it was pretty good :) Felt bad for the doctor(s) thought :(

Lexx
November 5th, 2004, 07:54 PM
I totally agree rocket4477. "Cold Station 12"' was great. I haven't been this excited over Enterprise in a looooong time. I aslo agree that Brent Spiner was awesome. I have to admit that there were times during TNG that Spiner grated my nerves *cough"Masks"cough*. But his acting as Arik Soong has really impressed me. I went from thinking of him as a villain in "Borderland" to thinking of him as a victim in "Cold Station 12". It's obvious the guy didn't want anyone to die, he just wanted to get those embryos while causing the least amount of pain as possible. Then he get's smacked down by his own son, and he's incapable of doing anything about it. Poor Arik :(

Mio
November 5th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Wow! Both Coldstation 12 and Borderland were the best episodes of Enterprise so far. And another to-be-continued. I'm really impressed with the quality that the Enterprise eps are now taking on. Let's hope they keep it up. I sense a good season 4 is coming.....

Also, I agree with the above posts. It's easier to drop the first word(s) in a show with spinoffs like that. (Stargate) SG-1, (Stargate) Atlantis, (Star Trek) Voyager, etc.

David85
November 6th, 2004, 07:49 AM
I totally agree rocket4477. "Cold Station 12"' was great. I haven't been this excited over Enterprise in a looooong time. I aslo agree that Brent Spiner was awesome. I have to admit that there were times during TNG that Spiner grated my nerves *cough"Masks"cough*. But his acting as Arik Soong has really impressed me. I went from thinking of him as a villain in "Borderland" to thinking of him as a victim in "Cold Station 12". It's obvious the guy didn't want anyone to die, he just wanted to get those embryos while causing the least amount of pain as possible. Then he get's smacked down by his own son, and he's incapable of doing anything about it. Poor Arik :(

Brent Spiner is a great actor, he played a lifeless robot for years and years and now he is playing this mad man great. He is a wonderful actor and the charater is great. Too bad not all the people on Enterprise can be as good as him or I would watch every week.

Erik Pasternak
December 24th, 2004, 01:13 PM
I'm reviving this thread with this (http://www.trektoday.com/news/231204_01.shtml) news story I just read at TrekToday. I don't think I can wait.

Shipperahoy
December 24th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the info. The show definately is in a very good place creatively this year which means, going by the recent surge of cancellations of good quatlity t.v. shows, that it most likely won't be renewed.

Sorry, I'm still a little bitter of the cancellation of Dead Like Me.

DownFallAngel
December 24th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Yea, read the report with TrekWeb originally. It looks alright. ST:E is alright for now. I still loved the Xinid arc though.

David85
December 24th, 2004, 06:13 PM
I think the storylines are great, because Manny Coto created them, but the charaters created by Dumb and Dumber are just so bad.

I wonder what Sci-Fi / Fanasy show will have a ratings hit this January when Ent, SG-1, and Joan are on at the same time.

Erik Pasternak
December 24th, 2004, 06:21 PM
I think the storylines are great, because Manny Coto created them, but the charaters created by Dumb and Dumber are just so bad.

I wonder what Sci-Fi / Fanasy show will have a ratings hit this January when Ent, SG-1, and Joan are on at the same time.
I don't watch Joan, but I'll be watching ENT at it's regular time, and the re-airings of SG-1 and ATL.

David85
December 24th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Yeah Joan has been ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzz lately so I might be doing the same, but I really REALLY like Mini Jack. :D